1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1988 WR430 Restoration

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by NYWR430, Dec 30, 2009.

1. NYWR430 Husqvarna
    AA Class

With regards to the forks, I would imagine that the new Showas or KYB are much better than the older WP, but I don't know for sure.
    With regards to the headlight, Husqvarna-Parts.com has complete NOS round housings. I think the squarish headlights might have come on the smaller displacement WR's although I can't find any specific info. I have always wondered that too.
  2. 1Tuff500XC Husqvarna
    AA Class

It's looking right now, like my bike will be getting the late 90 RM TC Showa's, or perhaps the WP 50mm's. Both conventional designs, and very nice looking to my tastes. I'll save the USD ideas for another bike build, and one more aimed at tighter MX track use I suppose.

On the headlight, I'm definetly sticking with the round one. But have no light itself, just the number plate housing. I'll figure that one out later, unless I stumble on the actual light info sooner ofcourse. I even have a little interest in a speedo myself, but we'll see.

Thanks for the info/link, I look forward to updates on your bike.
  3. ronn450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Are you going to keep the rear fender on the bike as I would be interested in buying it from you if you are not going to keep it as I need one for my 87 WR430, thanks ron