1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1986 430 Auto resto!

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by husky jim, Nov 26, 2011.

1. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    I rode a twin shock auto years ago and found it facinating. the one thing i took away is how much time in any corner on a normal bike you spend using "engine braking" to set up for a gassing up session. On the auto with no engine braking you spent an eternity inching to the point you could open it up... thus it really helped you focus on brake -turn -power with as little time in between each action.
    great bikes, wish id picked up a new one. back in late 90's a container load showed up in aus of brand new ones and at ~4k ech each, they were cheap then!
  2. husky jim Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 WR300, 87 430wr, 86 430ae, Tr650
    Got the rest of my graphics today, Hwy (Art) did an Awesome job dulplicating a Nos set of number plate decals with a Super Fast turn around. Really gives it alot more Bling that's for sure. Picture 391.jpg Picture 387.jpg Picture 388.jpg
    Brad-in-STL and wooddee like this.
  3. Michel Dufayard Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Clean and nice !
    I mean no anodizing (blue, red, green...) everywhere !
    Just classic colours.
  4. wooddee Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    86 240 WR,09 300 WR.
  5. husky jim Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 WR300, 87 430wr, 86 430ae, Tr650
    Thanks to C.H. member colemanapp for a great Night ride on friday evening. A WHITE BIKE ONLY, and first ride on the auto. It's obvious I still need to do a little more carb work. It ran great off the bottom but bogged in the higher r's. The tranny shifted perfectly with plenty of low end. I found the bike to feel much like my other huskys. I also found myself reaching for the clutch lever and shifter, that were not there.
    I did find that not having to constantly reach for the clutch made it alot easier on the hands and forearms.
    I could also concentrate alot more on the trail and choosing a line, not having to think about clutching or shifting. "Gas N Go" .

From left to right: 87 430wr - Bob's 88 125wrk - 86 430ae
    I think they look better with a liitle dirt on em. Picture 426.jpg Picture 434.jpg Picture 431.jpg Picture 429.jpg Picture 433.jpg
  6. hvaloz2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

all husky come jetted rich on top ...its called insurance ...just go down one main at a time....of course how you ride , petrol pre mix, temperature,altitude etc etc all contribute....everyone justs once to be slightly on the rich side for maximum piston life i guess.
  7. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    Just did some night riding on my ktm 300. the lights no good! oh for an SEM and a 150 watt light!
  8. Jason Pearce Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430AE
    Other Motorcycles:
    gs triple black
    Hi Husky Jim,

how did you go fitting the later model tank and plastics? Im currently sourcing parts for my 86 rebuild and would like to go this way with the tank. asny tips would be great.

cheers

Jason
  9. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    this is a 2012 thread so you maynotgetareply...see what happens:thinking:
  10. husky jim Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle: