1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1983 XC500

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by DeathFromAbove, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Crashaholic Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    73 450WR 6spd motor in a 75 MK frame
    Sweet looking ride! All you guys with these 500's is making me feel envious.

[IMG]
    visiteur1948 and Steve-F like this.
  2. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    i rode one of them in 84 and im still shakin....
    DeathFromAbove likes this.
  3. DeathFromAbove My Cat Says AREAR!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    70,71 360 8s 72,74 450 73 360 73 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    66 Triumph Trophy 99 ZRX1100
    How are you guys putting the rear brake pedal switch on the bike? And i guess I'll need a regulator ? The little square one w/one wire?
  4. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    i found a dicky mountainbike bracket and fitted it up to hold the switch and clamped it to the downtube near the airbox
  5. DeathFromAbove My Cat Says AREAR!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Something like this? I was thinking that some were using the rear brake stay to protect it because i haven't seen one setup in all the pics on google I've seen. Thanks surprize,:thumbsup:

Attached Files:

6. Crashaholic Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    73 450WR 6spd motor in a 75 MK frame
    Where did you get this type of connector from? I've looked around online and haven't been able to find them.

[IMG]
  7. DeathFromAbove My Cat Says AREAR!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hi Crash Got them on fleabay. These were perfect.

Attached Files:

justintendo likes this.
  8. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    thats pretty much what i have done:thumbsup:
  9. DeathFromAbove My Cat Says AREAR!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I got the hub back from powder and it looks great.:D I started the re spoke with the new rim and spokes following the info i got here and got it tied up nicely.:p

Attached Files:

Steve-F likes this.
  10. DeathFromAbove My Cat Says AREAR!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Then I Shoved the spokes meant for a 19" non-dimpled 1.85 rim into my 18" deep drop special drilled 4.50 rim!!:eek: I scratched the new rim and used a lot of force to get those spokes in place!:banghead: At least I got the layout right the first time in less than an hour!:cheers: I've got the correct spokes on the way but still have to get the spoke that are wayy to long out of my rim.:lol: So today i learnt to buy the wheel and spokes together and to make notes if you don't!:oldman: When I bought the spokes I had a 19" skinny wheel i was going to use but changed my mine a week later and bought the correct wheel size and width for the bike forgetting I had already bought the spokes for the larger wheel(that's where the notes come in handy:cheers: ). Can't wait to try again, should be easier with 1" shorter spokes!:busted:

Attached Files:

Steve-F likes this.
  11. Steve-F Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1975 Husqvarna 360 CR GP
    Other Motorcycles:
    1965 Norton G15CS 750
    Well done:cheers::applause: Sir!!!
    DeathFromAbove likes this.
  12. fe600racer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    250 wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    husaberg
    Hi. I have just had a rear wheel hub spoked to a new rim with spokes he made up but not a nordisc rim. I only gave the guy the hub. My wheel does not sit centre of the swinging arm there is more gap on the left than the right but the sprocket lines up with front sprocket and the chain guide.

My question is have I got the wrong up for the 83 wr or is it possible that the wheel was not spoked right? Should I have kept the old rusty spokes as a guide to making the new ones or is there only one way to spoke a wheel? Any view?
  13. DeathFromAbove My Cat Says AREAR!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Clearly, after seeing what i did, I wouldn't take my advice! Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and have a pro do the work. Put a straight edge on the rear sprocket and see if it is out of line with the front sprocket. The straight edge should sit completely flat on both sprockets. If there is a gap anywhere the edge touches the flat potions of the sprockets, it is out of line. If no gap, It is where it should be. If it is where it should be and the wheel is offset in the swingarm, by how much?
  14. fe600racer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    250 wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    husaberg
    Firstly I apologise for using two threads with this problem.

Using a straight edge front and rear sprockets line up perfectly. So that's good.

The left side of swinging arm has a gap 60mm to rim tyre junction from the lower shock hole tube edge whilst the right hand side has about 40.....maybe 42mm. See pictures. If it is 42mm the difference from the left side gap is 18mm the exact same length of the second spacer I needed on the left side. ....but I did not take to the wheel spiking guy......maybe I have the right hub but the swinging arm gap is essential to re-spoking......does someone know about spoking wheels? If instead of two spacers I had the one long one of 31mm stuck in the hub he may have sooked it to centre? I just gave him the hub o old rim and no old spokes which I through out unfortunately!
  15. fe600racer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    250 wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    husaberg
    Pictures

Attached Files:

16. DeathFromAbove My Cat Says AREAR!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I think i found you problem... that tape is metric!!:p 18mm, close to 3/4 of an inch. I wouldn't let it bother me too much. You won't notice it at speed. My 360 auto rear wheel is like 2 inches offset, Marty says Husky made them like that, who am i to say they are wrong.
  17. DeathFromAbove My Cat Says AREAR!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I got the new spokes and got the wheel back together, looks as good as i can do. My second effort! :thumbsup: Took the front wheel apart and will blast the hub and both brake plates for powder. New bearings,seal and shoes for the rear and new bearings and shoes for the front.:cheers: My front has the plate for a speedo drive. Are the drives specific to the wr ? Here's a video
    View: https://youtu.be/X-6rc23TVSA

Attached Files:

Steve-F likes this.
  18. DeathFromAbove My Cat Says AREAR!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    So here it is!! My very first completely rebuilt wheel. Pretty cool to have done it myself although they've been spoking wheels for a lonng time. I wasn't too sure i could pull it off.

Attached Files:

GaryM, ajcmbrown and Steve-F like this.
  19. DeathFromAbove My Cat Says AREAR!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!
    GaryM and Steve-F like this.
  20. DeathFromAbove My Cat Says AREAR!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Finally got both wheels done, still can't find the axle nut for the rear!:excuseme: Marty shipped one and it should be here tomorrow. :D Still gotta do the wiring. :thumbsup: But the wheels set it off pretty!!:cheers: And I won't be able to ride it until the salt is gone!:cry: On the other hand, i don't have to start it til then, which is good for my kicking foot.:banana:It is still sore but healing, and i have tried to be Dainty:lol: with it! Spring will be AWESOME!!:applause: The end of a 2 year project.:notworthy: Chris

Attached Files:

ajcmbrown and justintendo like this.