1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1983 XC 250 Lowering Ride Height

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by arbortodd2, Jan 28, 2018.

1. arbortodd2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    83 xc250
    Guys, thanks for all the info. After following the procedure Picklito outlined, and removing the fork caps to make sure the forks would compress beforehand, everything now works fine. Apparently they were bound and not parallel as Surprize suggested. I also replaced the oil that I removed earlier. Should be back to 6" from top with forks compressed, no springs. I can adjust the oil level from here after doing some riding. Anyone use air in these old forks? Can't wait to ride this old Husky.
  2. GaryM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 430cr second 430 CR 500cr
    Other Motorcycles:
    1981 490 Maico
    No air is needed and not recommended
  3. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    the air valves are to release build up of air pressure which makes them harsh again. if you feel they are starting to beat you up on the little bumps, let the air out...
  4. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Vent the air with front wheel off the ground, forks fully extended, of course.
    suprize likes this.
  5. arbortodd2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    83 xc250
    Thanks guys. Just about ready to button this one up and start riding. Had to put it aside for a few weeks. I have been spending my spare time working on a cousin's 1976 Honda MT125 Elsinore. It is a nice survivor bike that just needed a light restoration.
  6. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    an empty 125....not the most powerful scoot known to man... a friend bought one new on the basis that being just like a cr 125 it should be a good thing...he was very disappointed.:(
    still a good looking bike, hard to find in as original condition. can we get a piccy??
  7. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
    I had 74 Mt
    ..power is nothing like the cr but a nice bike none the less
  8. arbortodd2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    83 xc250
    Some "Before" pics. We loaded it up on the truck before I could take "after" pics. I did get one pic of the newly painted and dent-free tank. Paint work courtesy of Larry Spence in Sardis,WV.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  9. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
  10. arbortodd2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    83 xc250
    Gang:

I need some help. My 83 Husky xc250 fell-over in the garage today and the shifter went through the clutch case cover. Does anyone have a clutch cover they would be willing to part with? Must be in solid condition. Thanks.
  11. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    just clean it with contact cleaner and get some plastic metal or devcon (is best) and patch her up.
  12. arbortodd2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    83 xc250
    Well I did find another cover but I will keep the busted one and see if It can be fixed to use as a spare.