1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1975 Cross Country 175

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by kanur, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Brian Squires Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '74CR125&400, '79WR250&390, '81WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    BSA,AJS,Norton,Triumph,RT2NortonWasp
    Hello Wallybean,
    Thanks for the offer with the 175 piston kits, I will be more than happy to take them off your hands, please contact me at - briansquires@mac.com - we can arrange things from there.
    Thanks & Regards Brian
  2. dmcoz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1974 CR250, 125 2003 TE250
    Brian the pistons for the earlier 175 is not the same for the 83.
    Max R likes this.
  3. Brian Squires Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hello dmcoz, Thank you for your reply and input, yes i am aware of that they are different, but i now have both bikes(on there way) the '76 175 is complete as you can see, and I have been able to pick up two piston kits for this bike. The '83 is a different matter all together,it is a project bike from the ground up, if you know of any of these piston kits getting around, i would be grateful if you could let me know. On the other hand, i have been looking at making my own, I work for one of the largest privately owned Engineering(machine) shops in Australia, I have the drafting dept. looking at it now. Regards Brian.
    electronplanet and kanur like this.
  4. kanur Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 175 GP
    Other Motorcycles:
    Pentons & KTMs
    So after mounting the pipe it was really solid with the front and rear mounts but this pipe had an extra mounting bracket midway. Since it was there I wanted to use it so I made up an aluminum bracket. I thought this would be easy but I didn't like my first attempt and started over. It ended up having four different planes so it did not put any torque on anything. Pretty pleased with the end result.

IMG_2314[1].JPG
    IMG_2315[1].JPG
    IMG_2316[1].JPG
    Max R, Brian Squires, Steve-F and 2 others like this.
  5. kanur Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 175 GP
    Other Motorcycles:
    Pentons & KTMs
    The splash guard for my airbox had one of the holes ripped through but was otherwise in very good shape. This piece fit great and I really wanted to use it so I made a reinforcing shim out of a strip of pallet strapping, pleased with the result.
    IMG_2341[1].JPG
    Brian Squires and Steve-F like this.
  6. Max R Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1975 175 Cross Country. 1976 360wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda ST1100, 1969 Honda CT70,
    I found mine on Ebay
  7. Max R Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1975 175 Cross Country. 1976 360wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda ST1100, 1969 Honda CT70,
    From Motomwo. Marty O'Dell. I got the cross country, 175, warranty and steering head labels from him.
  8. Brian Squires Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hello Kanur, How is your 175 Restoration coming along, haven't seen any posting for some time, you have inspired me to rebuild my old '77 CR250, it has been sitting in the back of my shed for the last twenty years, being raped of parts for all my other projects,but after seeing your resto, and waiting for so long to get my 175 from the US(it has arrived, I pick it up tomorrow) I decided to restore it. I got it finished just in time for the Vintage Enduro season, ridden it three time now, what a little cracker of a bike. I had a ported barrel left over from my vintage moto cross days (74-77 had the same barrel) it is so crisp straight off the throttle, and top end is a treat, great little bike to ride.
    I will post some photo's tomorrow night, Regards Brian.
  9. Binx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 175 GP
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 BMW GS, 2004 Honda Ruckus
    Hey, Kanur - I'm in the middle of a 175GP resto project myself. What paint did you use to freshen your engine cases? What paint for head and cylinder? Thanks.