1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1972 450 CR Another one By Scooter81

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by scooter81, May 11, 2011.

1. scooter81 Husqvarna

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Here is my 1972 450 CR. I have had it for about 10 years, it spent most of that time sitting under a
    tree in my back yard. I am planning a light resto. as of right now, but that could change.... I will fill in more on the history of the bike as I have time.
  2. scooter81 Husqvarna

So a little more about the 450, like I said Ive had it for years, rode it a little when I got it, then got into
    vintage VWs and lost interest in the Husky. As a rider since the 70s with many Huskies in my past I never lost the love for it. The bike had a "squared" style later tank and plastic fenders. It is an MJ frame and a 2021engine so the 72 date seems correct. An interesting story happened shortly after I got the bike, a man who I know and his son came to my house to look at a Harley I had for sale. The guy sees the Husky and says "thats my old bike" . He goes on and tells the story about how he was a hot rider at that time and the Husky rep got him a deal on the bike. He said the later year tank and plastic fenders were on it, also the rear shocks are laid down with brackets behind the number plates. I dont think the bike was anything splecial, but its an interesting story. Some years later the man brought me his old Malcolm Smith vented jersey in Husky livery.
  3. scooter81 Husqvarna

Heres the new plan..... some clean-up, a rattle can tank paint job, some new decals, a little paint on the frame where needed and Bam! Next stop a parking place right
    behind the bar in the shop! Here are a recent few pics
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  4. HuskyT Moderator

Hey Scooter81! Great project...I changed your thread title slightly for people searching in the future.... I also like the VW in the back! Mobil and Chevron called... they want their signs back..profits are down and they can't afford to buy new signs what with gas headed back down to the four buck range....

T
  5. scooter81 Husqvarna

Heres the tank getting the baked enamel treatment!
    [IMG]
    I think its not bad for a rattle can job.
  6. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

nice bike!! im wanting one of theese older dirtbikes more and more
  7. scooter81 Husqvarna

Pretty much done with the rattle can restoration. There are a few more items to detail and a little airbrush touch up to be done but
    here is my 39 year old Husky, behind the bar.
    [IMG]
    other views. I need to finish the stand that will raise the bike so the wheels are even with the bottom of the window
    but a steel milk crate works for now, just like it did back in the day..
    i will add some night time outside looking in shots later.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  8. mike328 Husqvarna
    AA Class

looks great!
  9. Zburd Husqvarna
    C Class

The bike looks great, Im thinking about doing the same thing to mine. What type of paint did you use, and what temp and time did you leave it in the oven???
  10. scooter81 Husqvarna