1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

'14 TE310r Titanium Leo Vince Pipe

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Shovelhead85, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Shovelhead85 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR400R, '75 DT400B, FLH Shovel, CT90
    I wanted to let other red-head TE310 (& TE250?) owners know that the Leo Vince Titanium pipe, made for 2010-12 TEs (and maybe TXCs, TCs) can be made to fit our bikes fairly easy. That's the good news.

The better news is that you can get these pipes brand new (in the box) on eBay for $129.95 (+$30 shipping) here: ebay vendor
    but you better hurry... there was 10 left when I bought mine 2 weeks ago; now there's 3 left.

You will have to hog out the front mounting bracket about a 1/4" (eh, even less- 5mm) and the carbon fiber bracket really wants to live on the inside of the big cast mount on the subframe- I took the aluminum insert in the outboard rubber mount off and strong-armed it to the outside. Tire clearance was going to a factor: on my worn, stock Michelin I had about 6mm clearance; the Mountain Hybrid I have waiting to be mounted was going to be an issue.

I took the bike for a quick 10 mile loop of single track and had no issues. Weirdly this thing is quieter (!) than the stock L.V. ss/aluminum pipe (the silencer comes with the longer insert mounted and a shorter one in the accessory kit; both have USFS spark arrestor screens). It is almost THREE POUNDS lighter! (7.36lbs vs 4.78lbs). I want to say it has more power, but I can't be positive- it might not. It seems to move the power down a little lower in the rpm range (where I ride), but I might have lost a 1/2hp above 10,000rpms. That's just a WAG- maybe it's because it's quieter and I've actually gained something. It still wheelies through all 6 gears when I power-shift (I'm geared l-o-o-o-o-o-w).

I will add to this thread if I find more positives and negatives to report. I wanna see how it does when I crash. Also, I am keeping an eye on the CF bracket too (btw: Husky's retail price is over $100 for this bracket alone; and similar pipes go from $600 to an astronomical $1400)- but for now I want to get this post out there in case others want to take advantage of this deal.

I'll put some pics in the next post.
    jmardy and AndrewS like this.
  2. Shovelhead85 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    side-by-side comparison (did I mention the carbon fiber end-cap? bonus bling)

IMG_6509.JPG

IMG_6600.JPG IMG_6663.JPG IMG_6573.JPG
  3. Shovelhead85 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    couple more (last one shows modified mount- but make it a bit smaller than this):
    IMG_6350.JPG IMG_6367.JPG IMG_6520.JPG IMG_6512.JPG
  4. Jrockrat Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    xt225 and Dl650
    Would this require any changes to the mapping or is it just a straight swap (other than the slight mod to the bracket)?
  5. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Can't wait for mine to get here!
  6. Shovelhead85 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well, it takes a re-mapping to get the stock pipe to perform... so I guess I should say it'll run on whatever map you're running the stock Leo Vince pipe on. And if you're running the stock ultra-lean map... maybe it'll run slightly better.

1 pipe left; do not hesitate.
  7. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Will work best with the open pipe map.
    A 2010 tc250 muffler slipped right onto my 2013 te310r with no mods.

I used brackets from a 449/511 to reuse the heat guard. Alternatively, you can buy a heat shield that's suited to the older bikes and uses the subframe bolt for mounting.
    Shovelhead85 likes this.
  8. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    All gone now. Anyone from here get the last one?
  9. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    I ordered one, but it was when there were three remaining.
    LandofMotards and Shovelhead85 like this.
  10. Shovelhead85 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hey, you guys that bought one for your red-head.... try mounting it first before hitting the bracket with the rat-tail file. You might get lucky and be close enough; besides it's a lot of work to hog out that doubled stainless steel bracket by hand. A die grinder (or in my case: a buddy with a vertical mill :)) is much better.

And be sure to report back on your results & impressions. These pipes pop up occasionally (at $200+ though) and somebody might be interested in doing this in the future. I saw that the Motorcycle Superstore had 'em marked DOWN to $532.99 from $649...MSRP is much higher.

Here's the thread where I first read about the pipes:
    TXC310r exhaust post
    but I was more interested at the time in the red Acerbis seat for the 250/310... (actually, I still am: Anybody got any info???)

Took me a while to jump on the pipe deal- I'm still a little astounded that they lasted 2 months.
  11. Shovelhead85 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Anybody get theirs yet? Mounted? Any issues? Howzzit run? :thinking:

Let us know!
  12. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    I received mine, but haven't had a chance to mount it yet. Will do so this weekend. It's very light!
    Shovelhead85 likes this.
  13. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Having a 12 te250 i had the same mounting issues so I'd imagine any black head can be made to fit on the red
  14. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Looks cool, havent started it up yet. Bought a new battery but can't find my battery tray lol
    Shovelhead85 likes this.
  15. Shovelhead85 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    You'll probably want to go with the smaller insert; that way you can maybe intimidate the other motards. Unless you wanna sneak up on 'em. This pipe is pretty quiet.

hmmm, I thought this pipe was made for your bike. No? 'Cause I was wondering if my fitment issues were more imaginary than real (hence the advice to dry fit before modifying).

Each ride I take I'm more impressed with this pipe.
  16. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Yeah it says my bike on it. It fit but were the mid pipe meets the head pipe the bolt holes didn't line up perfect and like you said the carbon hanger wanted to sit in the back rather then the front like the old one. It fit in the end but it took a lot lol
    Shovelhead85 likes this.
  17. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    I did a test fitting for mine, tonight. It seemed like it was going to have the same problem, but I shoved a screwdriver through the mounting grommet and the mounting hole, and just levered it forward a small amount. Once I did that, I was able to push it enough to get the mounting bolt through. As it is rubber mounted, there is some play, so I doubt that it'll end up shearing the bolt.

I haven't fastened the CF mount yet, and I can't help but wonder why they made it a single sided mount, rather than having it on both sides, like the stock exhaust.
    Shovelhead85 likes this.
  18. Shovelhead85 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah- when I noticed the TC's have a similar mount on the subframe, I wondered if you could just "make" it fit. Our mid-pipe is a bit longer than TC's (& TCX's ?) I think, but with the rear mount being "slide-able" on the new silencer it's not much of an issue

Probably to provide a clamping force around the silencer, since the clamp is a separate item, and not a welded-on (titanium!) tab like on our stock pipes (either way- you need a way to resist torque on the pipe, while providing support). And I'm glad they did it this way, because a permanent mount would mean more alignment problems for red head owners. It might be lighter, too. :thumbsup:
  19. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    Finally got mine all bolted up, and out for a ride last weekend. The install went pretty smoothly. I initially had the CF mount on the inside, but your mention of clearance issues persuaded me to move it to the outside.

Only concern I have is that the instructions show a metal washer with a piece that goes through the grommet on the rear mount. I'm pretty sure I didn't receive that piece, and I don't see it in the pic you posted of the hardware you received.

My concern is that it would take some of the stress off the CF mount, since that mount would be pricey to replace, as you've indicated above.

Performance wise, I thought I noticed a bit more top end power, but hard to really say without a back to back comparison. Obviously the weight savings are nice.

Definitely happy with my purchase. Thanks again for this thread!
    Shovelhead85 likes this.