1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 125 / 150 Jetting Database

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by MattR, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Year & Bike Model = 2009 CR125
    Carb = PWK 36mm
    Pipe & Silencer = FMF & turbine core II silencer
    Other engine mods = none
    Premix ratio & fuel type = 40:1 Torco GP7 w/ pump premium
    Temperature range (deg F) = 55-60
    Elevation (feet) = Sea level - 1000-2000ft
    Main jet = 185
    Pilot jet = 48
    Needle = N3EJ
    Clip position = 3
    Air screw setting = 2.0
    Slide = #6
    Conclusions/Results = Fat on the pilot and then cleans up and runs hard and clean. It feels perfect once past the pilot circuit, but I cannot get any color on the plug. Was first using N7NW needle #3 clip then #4 clip, but could not get rid of lean feeling bog before power kicked in. Tried the N3EJ #3 clip and felt an immediate improvement of the bog. Still cannot get any color on the plug doing a WOT plug chop (BR9ES) and I dont have anything bigger than a 185mj. Bike shows no signs of an air leak, but still cant seem to get enough gas into the cylinder.

Power (once past the pilot circuit) is superb and razor sharp, but lack of color on the plug has me nervous. Will keep testing...
  2. BCdirtbikegal Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 KTM sx50 jr, 08 pw50
    Year & Bike Model = 2011 WR150
    Carb = pwk 38mm (one from Motosportz)
    Pipe & Silencer = stock
    Other engine mods = none
    Gearing = 12/51
    Premix ratio & fuel type = 50:1 Motorex w/pump premium
    Temperature range (deg F) = 60-85
    Elevation (feet) = 1,000-2,000 ft
    Main jet = 168
    Pilot jet = 38
    Needle = NOZI
    Clip position = 1 (leanest)
    Air screw setting = 2
    Slide = #7 (stock one with carb)
    Conclusions/Results = Tried the JD needles that came with the carb and had a mid range bog, if cracked the throttle it would bog and cut out, couldn't clean up even with changing main and pilots and clip position and float height and reeds were fine, I know 'spooge' shouldn't matter but it was always there, a lot. Went to the ktm NOZ needles, and huge improvement overall, more power and smoother and no spooge. Still a slight bog, but perfect through the pilot and main, have ordered the NOZJ needle and will see how that does. Had the bike up at a race that was 4500-6500ft elevation, and bog was a bit worse with the richer air, but still better than it was with the JD needles, going down to a 165 mj didn't clean it up, but I think the NOZJ needle will help overall.
  3. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Suzuki NExx series needles work much better,same profile as NOZx series but with a longer straight section. better off pilot to midrange transition
  4. BCdirtbikegal Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 KTM sx50 jr, 08 pw50
    Oh really? Okay, that's next on the list if this doesn't clean it up...
  5. Toro618 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Just curious what most here consider little or alot of spooge. So when someone reports "very little" spooge, are you saying just little around the cap of the silencer? Or is a thin streak of oil down the silencer still considered little?

When I am riding part throttle for an hour just playing over logs and practicing tight figure 8 turns, I get spooge that's a thin streak of oil all the down the silencer. I am running 44:1 mix.
  6. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

A line of oil that runs anything less than the full length of the silencer in a single ride is what I call acceptable spooge. When I see drips from the back of the silencer down onto my swingarm, it's too much. Or if I see splattered oil all over the back of my bike, then it's time for a change in jetting.
  7. Toro618 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    ok thanks.
  8. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.