1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 125 / 150 Jetting Database

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by MattR, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    2009 WR144

Carb = TMXx 38
    Pipe & Silencer = FMF Fatty / TurbineCore 2
    Other engine mods = 0.3 Base Gasket, Walt's PV grind, PowerNow divider
    Premix ratio & fuel type = Spectro Platinum SX syn, 40:1, 93 pump gas
    Temperature range (deg F) = ~50 - 70F
    Elevation (feet) = ~130 - 580ft
    Main jet = 470
    Pilot jet = 35
    Needle = 6CHY16-62
    Clip position = 3
    Air screw setting = 1.75
    Slide = 5.0
    Plug = BR8EG

Conclusions/Results:

First day of testing (580ft) was wet and cool, woods ride with two long straights. Bike didn't need the choke to start cold (air screw 1.5 turns out) but ran very good from bottom up onto the pipe. Had an issue on the straights shifting right as it was climbing on the pipe and giving more gas. Slight blubber that would clear if I let off the throttle a bit. Overall, bike ran great everywhere else, just a little fine tuning for those open rips.

Second day of testing (130ft), dry and about 70F. Ran the air screw out another 0.25 turn, bike needed a little choke on cold start this time. Lots of long, open sweepers to get out to a tight, sandy MX-style woods track. Same issue when climbing on the pipe on the straights, slight hesitation but VERY slight. Bike ran fantastic all day but did have some spooge at the pipe/silence joint and tip. Going to try the needle a clip leaner and see how it goes.

Very impressed with this little smoker, it grunted up hills without issue, LOTS of power when it hits and still smooth in 3rd gear while riding the semi-tighter stuff. Have to check my gearing, rear I swapped to a 50T, front CS I'm blanking on, either 12 or 13.
  2. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

2009 CR125
    STOCK PIPE/SILENCER
    38MM TMXX
    STOCK MOTOR
    MOBIL 1 SYN. PREMIX 30:1
    4100-4800FT ELEVATION
    40-75*F
    MAIN- 450
    6CHY16-62 NEEDLE 4TH CLIP
    37.5 PILOT
    5.0 SLIDE
    BR9?? PLATINUM STOCK PLUG

FIRST TIME AT THIS ELEVATION, TYPICALLY AT 0-1000FT. HONEY LAKE MX IN CALIFORNIA, steepest longest uphill ive ever seen on a track, no room for error on the main jet in these conditions. Started on friday with 65*, 40 pilot and 460 main. Went down to the 37.5 pilot and was better on the bottom. Tried the 3rd clip on the needle, total fail. Back to 4th clip. I was struggling on the long uphill but was nervous about dropping the main due to the huge loads this track was putting on the bike. Saturday, temps where quickly going above 70*f, dropped the main to 450 and picked up a whole gear on the uphill. DRASTIC improvement. Left it there rest of the weekend, temps dropped to 45-50* on sunday and i gained 5-10mph on the uphill and was able to carry 3rd gear on turns i had to run 2nd the day before. Ran from 1.75 to 2.5 turns on the air screw depending on temp all weekend. In hindsight i would have tried 3rd clip with a half clip washer on saturday if i wasnt running motos all day. 440 main may have been a smart choice as well but i made a 9 hour trip for this race and it would have been a shame to stick a ring. In all the bike ripped, but was destroyed on the long uphill start and long climbs by the 250's and 450's. Bike never cleaned up on the starting gate all weekend, had a blubber on the bottom every start until i hit the 5-6th turn, sometimes half a lap. I cant tell if its jetting or plug fouling issues from warming the motor up for a few minutes after i see the white flag. Need to fix it though because it was a dog off the gate. No regrets though, i had a great time running the only 125 i saw all weekend :)
  3. scov Husqvarna
    AA Class

4. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    2009 WR144

Carb = TMXX 38
    Pipe & Silencer = FMF Fatty / TurbineCore 2
    Other engine mods = 0.3 Base Gasket, Walt's PV grind, PowerNow divider, iBooster
    Premix ratio & fuel type = Spectro Platinum SX syn, 40:1, 93 pump gas
    Temperature range (deg F) = ~80F, humid
    Elevation (feet) = ~800ft
    Main jet = 460
    Pilot jet = 32.5
    Needle = 6CHY17-62
    Clip position = 3
    Air screw setting = 1.5
    Slide = 5.0
    Plug = BR8EG

Conclusions/Results:

Hair leaner settings from my last test session (MJ -1 step, PJ -1/2 step, Needle -1/2 step), feels more crisp and the air screw wasn't vague on either side of 1.5TO. Choke was still barely needed, bike fired quick and clean, revs from idle to WOT on the stand were strong and smooth. Super humid out in the 80's, lots of stop and go trail work with long idle sessions. Bike was happy for the ~2hrs I was in the woods, refired easier when hot than two test sessions ago. Once speeds resumed and pace picked up the power always felt on tap, no pronounced bog (but that soft trans is still there), no sputtering although the pipe joint still drooled quite a bit. Overall I was real happy leaned out a bit from my last ride. Rocky hill climbs were effortless, no bog, just smooth power. (BTW, my new Motoz Tractionator Enduro S/T's are freekin' badass!! wow. Thanks, Kelly!)

Since this test session I've repacked the silencer, zip-tied the pipe joint grommet and cleaned the air filter. Tests on the stand and around the yard felt very crisp, temps still high but less humidity. Bike was pulling the front wheel from idle/slow rolling with ease. Think the filter was pretty dirty/oily for that last test.

Hope to get back out on my local loop for some more trail work and testing this weekend. Same conditions and terrain so good back-to-back.

Oh, and I love this freekin' little bike! Featherweight muscling it around as I was burning in an old trail. Total giggles...
    jbankes likes this.
  5. gixxer_gixxer Husqvarna
    B Class

Year & Bike Model = '09 WR125
    Carb = Mik (stock)
    Pipe & Silencer = Stock/ stock arrow
    Other engine mods = 0...rock stock inlc. air filter.
    Premix ratio & fuel type = 40:1 putoline
    Temperature range (deg c) = 10-28
    Elevation (feet) = 1500
    Main jet = 480
    Pilot jet = 35
    Needle = factory needle
    Clip position = #4
    Air screw setting = 1.5 - 1.75 out
    Slide = 4.0

Runs very well and has a nice safe over rev! don't know what all this pwk conversion is about no need i say NO NEED! The bike rips and handles and stops, perfect......................
    lankydoug likes this.
  6. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Year & Bike Model = 2011 WR150
    Carb = 36mm Keihin PWK A/S from 2011 KTM 150XC
    Pipe & Silencer = Stock pipe / FMF S/A silencer
    Other engine mods = Exhaust spirngs Stock / silver.
    Premix ratio & fuel type = Maxima K2 @ 40:1, 100LL AvGas / 110 Sunoco race gas mixed 4 gal AvGas to1 gal Race Gas. Non Ethanol Gas is no longer available in Mississippi and may not be anywhere according to the Gas Distributor.
    Temperature range (deg F) = 65
    Elevation (feet) = 300ft. to 1,700ft ASL
    Main jet = 175 (got rid of a throttle bog after needle change)
    Pilot jet = 35
    Needle = NOZH (NOZI stock) (slightly richer needle so I could run on #3 position and keep more needle in needle jet.
    Clip position = #3 NOZH richer than stock NOZI #3
    Air screw setting = 2 3/4 - 3
    Slide = 6.0 (stock 7.0)
    CHECK YOUR FLOAT SETTINGS. Mine was too high and overflowing when you hit bumps or slightly leaned the bike over.
    All bogs now gone. 21mpg.
  7. marc p. Husqvarna
    B Class

Year & Bike Model = 2009 cr 144
    Carb =38 tmxx
    Pipe & Silencer =fmf fatty and tc
    Other engine mods = power valve clearance Premix ratio & fuel type =35-1 motul & 99 RON mix. Mixture of 91PON and 106PON.
    Temperature range (deg F) = 85-90 at this time.
    Elevation (feet) =3000 ft.
    Main jet =450
    Pilot jet =35
    Needle =CHY16-62 2004 rm125 needle.
    Clip position =#1 leanest setting
    Air screw setting =2
    Slide =4.0
    Conclusions/Results = THIS THING RIPS !!! (comparing it to my 2001 Honda CR250r) I went the PWK route because I had a bog with the tmxx, no let me put it this way, I experienced Complete Lack Of Any Internal Combustion at 1/3 thru 2/3rd throttle in the midrange. Now I know what a bird hears when flying. With the pwk I was never able to tune out the C.LO.A.I.C. with the supplied jets but was able to minimize it (still sucks). Then I read the JD jets are too lean for some engines. Also didn't like the loss of top end. Found a thread by dartty- sorry can't remember all his call sign, I'm sorry mister, and I mean that because you have saved the day! I can wack the throttle open at ludricously slow speeds and go ripping off into space. Excellent response every where. Makes torque in the midrange which helps in power sliding almost as well as the 250 honda! Runs really well but my plug is black after ripping around at half throttle and up. Would a leaner slide help there? I have no complaints with the bottom range. I know that dartty has a 125 and settled on the 16-62 and 5 slide. How much of a difference is a 63? 64? Yeah I started out at clip #2 thinking with the 4 slide it might not run too well. Had a low booming exhaust note and ripped. Went to leanest position (sounded better) and picked up even more torque in the mid. I think my main is too big, still revs high though. Maybe it can rev higher? The 16-62 needle lets more fuel past the main? I'm mixing race fuel that is now $6.79 a gallon to abide by Husqvarna's 98 RON fuel requirement and I see individuals here running 92 PON ( which is approx 96RON) and claiming no ill effects. Anyone have an opinion on this?
  8. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
    '11 CR150
    TMX(radial slide)
    RB Designs, bore to 39mm, plate, air screw, low speed mods
    480 main
    17/62 RM needle 3rd position
    35 pilot
    1.5 air crew
    FMF pipe/stock silencer... MX riding

morning started out around 37 degrees and ended up around 75... 1200ft elevation

Awesome running, pulls great, no hesitation or spooge.... love this set up....
  9. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    2007 wr125 with 2002 cr125 motor and ignition.
    old style tmx38
    370 main
    25 pilot
    modified slide
    60 needle
    carb divider (custom).
    kx125 exhaust pro cicuit.
    wr muffler
    airscrew 1.75
    no base gasket.
    20-40 degrees celsius 500 ft.

runs well, no bog, good bottom and mid, screaming top.
    only struggles when i do.
  10. jbankes Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR144
    Year & Bike Model =2009 Wr144
    Carb =Mikuni TMX
    Pipe & Silencer =FMF Fatty Gold/ FMF Shorty
    Other engine mods = Twin Air & CR Ignition
    Premix ratio & fuel type = Klotz Super Techniplate @ 40:1 - Sunoco 93
    Temperature range (deg F) = 40F-80F degrees
    Elevation (feet) =700'-1600'
    Main jet = 470 cold or 480 hot
    Pilot jet =35
    Needle = 15-74 Needle from power up kit
    Clip position = 4th down
    Air screw setting = 1.5-1.75
    Slide = 4.0
    Conclusions/Results = Runs strong pulls hard on top but has an occasional bog maybe powervalve linkage slop, did adjust slop out waiting to test this weekend
  11. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Check your float level.
  12. jbankes Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR144
    Will do, what is the actual measurement for the float level??
  13. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I believe I heard 8mm for the Mikuni
  14. justplayin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Bike= 2012 WR125/144
    Carb= Mikuni with RB carb mods... divider plate, bore to 39mm, low circuit mod, thumb screw
    Pipe & silencer= stock
    Other engine mods= .4 base gasket
    Premix ratio & fuel type= 40:1 Bel-ray & premium pump gas
    Temp range (deg F)= 35 to 65
    Elevation= just above sea level
    Gearing= stock front / 52 rear
    Slide= 5.0 slide (RB)
    Main jet= 460
    Pilot jet= 35
    Needle= 6CHY16-62 (2004 RM125 stock)
    Clip position= middle
    Air screw= 1 1/2
    Power Valve adjustment= 3/4 to top
    Power Valve spring kit= stock/silver springs

I just wanted to update this post since my 144 install. Left same jetting as when a 125. Bike flat out rips. Runs clean and strong from bottom to top.
  15. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Year & Bike Model = 2011 WR150 with Uptite Husqvarna 167cc kit.
    Carb = 36mm Keihin PWK A/S from 2011 KTM 150XC
    Pipe & Silencer = FMF Fatty WR125 pipe / FMF S/A silencer (going to try a modified FMF KTM 2003-04 SX200 pipe)
    Other engine mods = Exhaust spirngs Stock / silver.
    Premix ratio & fuel type = Maxima K2 @ 40:1, 100LL AvGas / 110 Sunoco race gas mixed 4 gal AvGas to1 gal Race Gas.
    Temperature range (deg F) = 65
    Elevation (feet) = 300ft. to 1,700ft ASL
    Main jet = 170 (144cc = 175)
    Pilot jet = 35
    Needle = NOZH (NOZI stock) (slightly richer needle so I could run on #3 position and keep more needle in needle jet.
    Clip position = #3 NOZH richer than stock NOZI #3
    Air screw setting = 3 (144cc = 2 3/4)
    Slide = 6.0 (stock 7.0)
    CHECK YOUR FLOAT SETTINGS. Mine was too high and overflowing when you hit bumps or slightly leaned the bike over. Set Keihin at 14mm
    No bogs now gone. 21mpg.
    Gearing 14T / 50T Parts Unlimited Xring Chain.
  16. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Have you tried to use any of the Rm 125 needles . I would see if the Tmxx came on anything else that was closer in displacement also . Iam running the Suzuki Pwk needles from a 250 in my 167
  17. Parh 474 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '73 Cr125, '06 Cr125/144
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ossa, Bultaco, Puch, Maico, AJS, Yam
    Year & Bike Model = 2006 Cr125 w/2008 144 Cylinder
    Carb = '06 TMX38 old style
    Pipe & Silencer = FMF Fatty + FMF S/A
    Other engine mods = 2008 144 Cylinder
    Premix ratio & fuel type = 32:1 Maxima Castor 927 + Pump premium
    Temperature range (deg F) = 40 - 110F
    Elevation (feet) = 100 - 3700
    Main jet = 400
    Pilot jet = 35
    Needle = 6DJ8-60
    Clip position = 3rd
    Air screw setting = 1.5 turns
    Slide = 3.0
    Conclusions/Results = Stutters and breaks up when hard on the throttle, raising the needle all the way helps a bit.
    A week later 02/19/12- Went to a 30 pilot runs well up to 1/4 throttle, starts 1st kick. 1/4 throttle up make a "crackling" sound when hard on the gas. Eric Gore literature describes this as too rich. Raising the needle moves the "crackling" higher into the rev band. My thought now is to go to a leaner nozzle (needle jet as opposed to a jet needle), because this is the leanest needle that Husky lists. Anybody know of a leaner needle than 6DJ8-60?
  18. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    This database is for jetting setups on the CR,WR 125 / 144 / 150 bikes.
    The goal is to list your carburetor settings and provide a brief conclusion of the results.

Please do not post jetting questions in this thread.
    These questions should be posted in Jetting Chat.

You should copy and paste this list below into your reply. This will help keep a common format.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Year & Bike Model =
    Carb =
    Pipe & Silencer =
    Other engine mods =
    Gearing =
    Premix ratio & fuel type =
    Temperature range (deg F) =
    Elevation (feet) =
    Main jet =
    Pilot jet =
    Needle =
    Clip position =
    Air screw setting =
    Slide =
    Conclusions/Results =
  19. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Year & Bike Model = 2004 CR125 with FBF 135 cyl
    Carb = TMX38
    Pipe & Silencer = PC and shorty silencer
    Other engine mods = none
    Gearing = 13/50
    Premix ratio & fuel type = 40/1 Spectro syn 1/3 powermist T111 and 2/3 pump
    Temperature range (deg F) = 45-80
    Elevation (feet) = S/L to 1000ft
    Main jet = 380 (was 390)
    Pilot jet = 32.5
    Needle = 60 stock
    Clip position = 2nd from top (was middle)
    Air screw setting = 2-2.5
    Slide = 3.0
    Conclusions/Results =[/quote]

Bike rips. Still a little TMX burble just off idle. Bike took a while to clean out with the 390 main and burbled into the mid with the richer middle needle position. Now anything off idle the bike pulls hard for a tiddler. Top Eed seems a little weaker now but that maybe because I now have a little mid to go with the top.

Runs great in the woods but I do not know if I'd want to hold it WFO in the sand all day....may want a 390 main for that.
  20. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    Year & Bike Model =2010 wr144
    Carb =tmxx stock other than 2 small holes drilled in the float bowl drain bolt to keep fuel around the main jet.
    Pipe & Silencer =stock
    Other engine mods =dual fuel pet-cocks,twin-air filter,power-valve arm 3/4 up in slot-slight tension on power-valves
    Gearing =13-53
    Premix ratio & fuel type =32:1 motul 7102t,94 octane non-ethanol pump gas
    Temperature range (deg F) =60-70
    Elevation (feet) =100-2500
    Main jet =460
    Pilot jet =25
    Needle =6dey 15-74
    Clip position =2nd from top
    Air screw setting =1.5 turns out
    Slide =#4
    Conclusions/Results =This is the setting that works best for me. I tried the rm chy16-62 needle with the #5 slide in many different clip positions and with various different pilot jets and main jets and could never get it perfect-it would be good in one area and too rich or lean in another. I also tried the 6dey 15-74 needle with several different pilots and mains and also with the #5 slide. I wanted to try all combinations to see how good I could get it.The #5 slide with the 6dey15-74 needle, 2nd clip position,25 pilot and 460 main ran really crisp with no spooge and a light brown plug reading but felt a little weak in the mid-range and the plug showed what I felt. I put in the #4 slide with-out changing any-thing else from my previous settings and the bike came alive-strong crisp power,no bogs and a dark brown plug reading. I do get some spooge at the silencer opening but it is after a lot of slow speed running in steep terrain and I can live with a little drooling to have it run like it does now. I also checked my float level and set it to 8mm and made sure that both floats were level with each other before I did any jetting on this bike.(my float level was 2mm too high and the floats were not level with each other from the factory)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.