1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC 100:1

Discussion in '2st' started by cbr929, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Stiggy Pop Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TE150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 200exc
    interesting lots of Dominator here, everyone I ride with runs the Interceptor.

I've been running Super M for 15+ years now, but all of my bikes have always been spooge machines even with clean jetting. Buddy says it's because the flashpoint of the Super M is too high for the woods riding we do, so I think I might try something new for the 150 (that is assuming it ever arrives... still waiting on my JANUARY delivery)
    JAM likes this.
  2. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Shawry, the Di oil injection on the Beta 300...don't ask me how the computer works but he's got 110hrs on it, just replaced the piston/ring 10hrs ago, he bought 2 bottle of premix when he bought the bike and the 2nd bottle is 1/2 used.
    We were riding singles for around 5 of 6hrs with the occasional firetrail/transport tracks.....yep l can hardly believe it and called bullshit but he filled up at the start of the ride and at the end he showed me the usage and l could not believe it!!
    lankydoug likes this.
  3. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Just seems mega lean regardless of conditions. I reckon I'd still run some oil in with the fuel but that's just me.
  4. PaulD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr250( sold)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Sprint RS. Honda TRX300EX Be
    Loots of spoogin with Super M here also. Like the Interceptor best but nobody stocks it locally. Ran Dominator a few times seems to run pretty clean but not as clean as I terceptor. I try to stay at 40:1
  5. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    I ran super m at 50:1 for many years before just switching over to 927. Never had Spooge at all...
  6. PaulD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr250( sold)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Sprint RS. Honda TRX300EX Be
    My bike is jetted as best as i can get it. The spooging is worse in the winter i think the bike runs cold just lugging all day in super tight singletrac. I tend to lug it a bit too much. My buddy rides a Beta 300 same oil mix and gets no spooge at all. I notice his radiators are much hotter than mine but i believe Betas have a thermostat. I figure as long as its running good some spooge isnt neccasarily a bad thing
    JAM likes this.
  7. Stiggy Pop Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TE150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 200exc

Yeah never bothered me much, messy stuff though!

Manager of the dealership says they've had a lot of bikes delayed but it should be coming "soon" (taps foot impatiently). We did get 20" of snow Tuesday, but I just hope the damn thing comes at all.
  8. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I became an Amsoil dealer just so I could stock up on a 2 year supply of mix oil. At first I bought Dominator then after a couple years I ran out of oil and had to renew my dealer membership and bought Interceptor and Dominator. I mixed Interceptor and Dominator 50/50 and it worked perfectly that way although Interceptor by itself would have been fine. I tried ratios from 25:1 to 40:1 in my yz125 and while 25:1 did make a tiny bit more power it was only practical on an mx track... if you tried to woods ride it it would need a silencer repack about every 10 rides. I run 40:1 in my 09 wr250 and posted pics on this forum of my top end apart after 300+ hours. No carbon, perfect cyl wall, no measurable wear only the ring was out of spec and the tin coat was was worn on the intake side of the piston. I replaced piston and rings and it's back to like new and 205 psi compression. Since the Lectron install the silencer rarely needs re-packed. When something works this good I see no reason to mess with it.
    reveille and robertaccio like this.
  9. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I did the same thing to get the best price on Amsoil. I started using it in my Husky shortly after I got it, and I'm happy with it so far. From what I gathered from my conversations with Amsoil, was that the main difference between Interceptor and Dominator is the additive pkg meant for high load and high RPM/output. They told me that Interceptor would still do the job, but Dominator added more protection. 30-1 on the MX track ( I scream it), 40-1 in the woods races.

If I had to run an oil in extremely lean mix ratios it would probably be Motul 800, or Maxima 927
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    lean=less gasoline=more oil in the mix, 24:1 is lean= less fuel to air (oil displaces the amount of fuel)
    rich=more gasoline=less oil in the mix, 100: is rich = more fuel to air

we know that oil does burn too, but the oil is not considered fuel.

rich and lean only refer to the fuel/air mixture no matter if 2T or 4T,

as for the BETA it is not a constant mixture it is a constantly adjusted mixture, very little oil added at low RPM more added as RPM increases, so you cannot quantify the oil to fuel mixture ratio unless you have complete profile of the RPM data and how much oil gets mixed per RPM. @ of crew have X-Trainers same thing they just keep the oil tank up the bike does the rest as its demanded.

****all that said from the engine/combustion side of things, but we also understand that your premix gas can can be referred to as an oil rich oil/fuel mixture.

Its OK whatever your choice is I really don't care, but I will ask, Why why is it even a desire to go with a 100:1 fuel oil mixture? Is it just to prove to do it??
    I believe even the OEM recommended 60:1 is pushed because of Euro street legal 2T rules. But do what makes you happy. I don't run what the OEM says either (50:1 for me) but its all about the tuning/jetting I've seen 32:1 bikes with nice dry black-gray exhaust outlets with zero unburned oil spooge they were tuned perfectly. For my YZ125 its 32:1 more pinning more oil
    Husky_250, JonXX, NCSteve and 2 others like this.
  11. NH-JP 2nd Fastest Old, Slow Guy!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1988 Honda Hurricane,
    For me, one of the things I do not like is the smoke coming out of the pipe on a 2 stroke. I had run 4 strokes up until these last 2 bikes. I hate killing whoever is riding behind me.
    Being able to run a mix ration like that made me much more comfortable running a 2 stroke.
    Now when someone is behind me, all that they comment on is how nice it is to be behind a 2 stroke that is not killing them.
    I had to come to the understanding that it is not only the oil itself that is performing the lubrication, but the additives as well that are making it ok to run that light a mix. Today's oil is a very engineered product. Like cars running 0 weight oil because a heavier oil droplet cannot fit in the tolerances of the modern engine.
    I'm still not running it at 100:1, I run 80:1 and have been nothing but pleased.
    Stock recommendation from Husky is 60:1, and 80:1 is not that far off in my mind.
    Knowing that a family member of mine, an A Class enduro racer, who has been racing for years, had put hundreds of hours on with no issue, and that Slavens was comfortable using it gave me the confidence to try as well.
    Although I can't speak professionally about the mix, I would expect that the explosion in the chamber is a better burn with less oil in the gas. That probably equates to better fuel economy and more pop.
    That is at least the way I got to the point of running it this way.
  12. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Re: Beta Di Oil mixer...for long time 2T owners like the majority of us, wrapping your head around and more importantly, trusting the DI oil mixer is doing it's job is hard to comprehend. But when you step back and understand how the thing should work it's quite remarkable as it's, and as many have pointed out, it will only inject an amount of oil that the engine requires at probably certain RPM's which l believe is contained in their oil injector map....better than the old mechnical oil mixer on my old KDX.

So guys wanting to mix at 100:1 due to technical riding through to 30:1 for desert or MX boys, the mapping on the the Beta Di system does that and possibly more or less. You cannot eliminate smoke or riders feelings behind you as you cannot and should not jet for this - you have to jet the bike to the conditions that the bike will be ridden and how you will ride it. Yes, start with a 60:1 or 80:1 ratio if you wish but again, how you ride and where you ride will determine the 'correct' mix ratio.

I guess the fundamental question that will pose future 2T riders is...do you trust technology to mix your fuel, correct air/fuel mixture and inject into your motor?
  13. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Bottom line is if you run 100:1 and have a long wide open stretch and then chop the throttle to idle you are likely to momentarily starve the lower rod bearing and the main bearings because 100:1 doesn't provide enough oil for sustained high rpm then when you chop to idle all you get is what goes through the pilot jet. Modern oil is good but you're pushing its limits in this condition and when you stick a rod bearing it's on you for scrimping on oil. That said IMO, screw the guy behind you, if he/she doesn't like smoke he can back off or nut up and make a pass... I wouldn't fry a crankshaft out of politeness especially for someone who is pitiful enough to ride slower than me. :lol:
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    that was funny good one doug
  15. KimDN Husqvarna
    AA Class

A lot of people run Saber at 80 or 100:1 here. Slow tech riding with a steep hills. I watched one of the AA guys mix his Saber at 100:1 on his YZ144; I asked him about it, engine looks normal when apart and no seizures. I ran it a few times at 100:1 but only on my Freeride. I don't know anyone that has had any issues with it. Keep in mind we are in a jungle!

The consistency of the Saber has got to be twice as thick as Intercepter.

I'm sure that some people use it because they want to say the run their mix at 100:1 since it sounds crazy. Others do it for less smoke (which seems to be a bit of the result for many), while others do it because the bottle of oil lasts twice as long, saving $.
  16. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    I run Dominator 50:1 in everything I own and have since before it was called Dominator (Series 2000)

Thank you Jesus, somebody gets it!!!

That's what kill buttons are for...If I'm gonna lay the ears back for a long time, I'll bump the kill button for a second every little bit, leaving the throttle open.
  17. Steve Kanya Husqvarna
    AA Class

Put em on a dyno and I bet you get more HP with more oil. I remember a test years ago that showed 18-1 to give the most HP. Granted the new oils were not born yet but 18-1 blew our mind as we thought 50-1 to 80-1 with Klotz was nuts when it came out. Yes I'm a fossil and I think it was Dirt Bike Mag or MX action that did the test. I'm sure the new oils have changed the game now for sure. Juha S. the multi time world champ always ran more oil untill his silencer spooged big time. What did he know.
    lankydoug likes this.
  18. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    No, that's incorrect. Rich and lean refers to any combination of items, whether it's gas and oil, air and fuel, or whatever else you happen to be talking about
  19. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    The rich/lean talk of the actual oil in the fuel/oil mix would be marginal at best I'd have thought?!
  20. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    On my 08 YZ125 I did mix 25:1 with race fuel and Amsoil Dominator and it ran noticeably better than 40:1 the only downside besides the price of mix oil is if you putted around very much and let the exhaust cool down you had to repack the silencer after about 5 rides. If you were always on a MX track it would be fine to run it that way.