1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc '09 WR/CR125 P3 Carbon Fiber Tank

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Norman Foley, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Rear

[IMG]

Side

[IMG]

on bike ....no seat

[IMG]

on bike........with seat

[IMG]

I did try to include it in the raffle prizes as well as Husqvarn USA double wide red and white EZ up but both ideas were squashed by the people who had to return them

Joe
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yep, looks much better on the bike. :thumbsup: Nice report, thanks.

Kelly
    Mz
  3. HomeFinance Husqvarna
    A Class

That is a beauty! Are they going to make them for the 08 and 09's ?
  4. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

Also note the purpose of the hump is not to hold more gas, but to accommodate the Dry-Brake mechanism which goes down 2 inches into the tank.

On the stock tank the backbone hump is right there, so to accommodate the Dry Brake P3 had to go up!

The good thing is it does not interfere with rider movement on the bike nor do you notice extra high weight, because that's the fuel the bike drinks first!
  5. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

This tank is good for.... 2009 and 2010 WR/CR 125s
    and 2010 TXC/TE/TC 250s

Also note carbon fiber and kevlar production tanks are just over 3 gallons.
  6. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok, I'm back in love with it! :applause:

Very nice looking!!!
  7. Last Lap Husqvarna
    A Class

Man Junk

Watch out for your man Junk. That looks like it could hurt:doh:
  8. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    The black one is no doubt much sexier, but I'm liking the seeing the fuel level. Note the fuel line in the pic.....
    [IMG]
  9. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

For me seeing the fuel is no big deal. I fill it up, run a race and then drain it afterwards to calculate fuel mileage for each HS track I run.

I'm all about the bling!!!
  10. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Lindsay has spoken to IMS and they have no intentions of building tank for 125/250F bikes. Hall's and P3 are still looking into building a plastic tank. Once Lindsay get's a new 250F that he can have for a length of time, he will work on refining the tank. He wants to drop the tank down on each side using a crossover and a remote fuel pump pick up to boost capacity. Glenn Kearney has been using tank #2 on his TC250 for last couple GNCC's.
  11. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

And it is a beautiful looking tank. Just can't justify $1200 price tag.

I will just have to stop for gas. :thumbsdown:
  12. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Those things are going for $1200 ?:eek:

I thought they were supposed to be about half that?
  13. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Things change I guess. :excuseme:
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I'm done waiting. Contacted a local and very good fabricator and am having him build a aluminum tank that will fit below the tank and on the left of the engine. We figure we can get a little over a gallon there which would be perfect. I have a 25hr night race to attend this weekend and then next week we are building it.

because of liability I will not be able build and market them but if someone needed a little container for packing water i could get them one. :D Cash, dark alley, no names etc. :cool:

Will post pix of the final part.

[IMG]
  15. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

I saw a picture of a 125 at the ISDE this year with a similar type gizmo. Hopefully it works well. Husky really needs to address this gas tank issue. Off road bikes need 3 gallons -- minimum.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yep, not only are they shooting them selfs in the foot by not offering them and loosing sales but also by not making even more by selling us another tank which most of us would do more than willingly.
  17. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Kelly,

Keep us in the loop on that "water tank". I was also looking at doing something in aluminum but if you are going to make the splash, I am more than willing to support the cause.

Walt
  18. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    If you go that route maybe the unused rear top engine mount tabs could be a mounting point for the auxillary tank.

The price is so high, because it is so labor intensive with all the complex shapes on the tank top and bottom. Lindsay said he can do a Japanese tank for less because they have simpler shape. I didn't get my tank for free, but did get a discount (not much) for all the leg work I did helping Lindsay.... getting an extra stock tank to mock up on, bringing my bike 6.5 hours one way to his shop, taking my bike to the prototype company to see if they could do a CAD molding program and more. I was at the final price, but could see all the time and work Lindsay has to put into building a tank. I'm happy with my 2.9 gal tank and trying to be part of the solution to the problem. :cheers:
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yep, already identified some mounting points. :thumbsup:

BTW please don't get me wrong, I think Lindsay's work is fantastic, the CF one is beautiful. I just can't swing that kind of coin and I want something the carries the gas under the stock tank. I don't think a simple solution is going to present it self soon so I will custom fab a solution. It is the last part of the puzzle to complete this fabulous bike. I am far from done at 40 miles and need the bike to be too. :D
  20. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes Norman, your help has been tremendous and I do realize all the labor that is involved in building those custom tanks. I just wish, like the rest of you, there was a cheaper alternative.