1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 09 125 WR/CR jetting thread

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Might be the problem. Does not seem very constant ether.

K
  2. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Kelly,
    This may not make you feel any better, but just so you know you're not alone,.....

It's become apparent lately with the warmer temps, that I'm gonna have to address the jetting on my new 300. I hate chasing jetting, so I called Hall's this morning and tried to order a "Full Power" jet kit, P/N 8000H1014 (that Rasputin told us about) for my carb. Raymond said they hadn't gotten any yet, and put me on a waiting list with a whole slew of his "locals" who race out there, who all need them "to get their bikes running right" as Raymond put it. Okay, so meantime I'll try to get some stuff from Sudco.

Additionally, (and you're not gonna believe this one)...my pipe came from the factory full of tiny pin holes. Every spin I would take, when I got back to the garage my pipe would be oozing spooge from various spots all over the fat (expansion chamber) part, and blowing a spooge mist all over my white frame tubes and the front of my motor. Every place on my pipe where there is a folded ridge seam,...at the end of the seam there's an open tiny pin hole. There's even a couple holes in just the normal weld seams too. I called my dealer and told him about it, and he told me to take some pictures of it and send them to him. I got a series of really good macro-zoom shots of it bleeding from about 6 accupuncture wounds and sent them to him. He called me a couple days later and told me Husky was going to replace the pipe for me.
    That was mid January,...yep you guessed it,...still no new pipe. I got tired of even bothering him about it. I don't blame him of course,...he did what he needed to do,...and he felt so bad about having to keep telling me "no news on the pipe yet" that by late March I just eventually stopped calling him.
    I've since taken a Dremel and wire brushed all the spots to the bare metal, and filled them with J-B Weld, and spray painted back over them with this semi-gloss black Krylon grill paint I found that matches pretty well. I could've taken it off and had it welded, I know,...but I've been operating under the assumption that I was getting a new pipe for 3 months now, and he told me I'd have to give them back the original when the new one came in,...so I never bothered. If the J-B Weld ever fails and pops off I'll have it welded up next time.

Also,...I ordered two new air filters for it the day I picked the bike up,...never saw either one of them yet either. Once again I overcame. I googled and found the Twin-Air USA site,...looked them up, and ordered me 6 of them directly from Twin-Air at just a tad over half the price per piece that the OEM Husky ones were gonna be. I started to call him and tell him to just forget the OEM ones,...but after 3 months I figure he already has anyways.

I love this bike,...I can't stop staring at it,...but sooner or later I'm going to need something for it to keep it running that has to come from Husky OEM,....what am I gonna do then?
    What if I needed a piston, rings, and wrist pin bearing,...or say maybe a new water pump impeller, or PV parts. I'm not gonna be able to get that at an auto parts store. This is my first Husky, and I'm really excited about it,...but my initial experiences with parts/support has left me with a rather uneasy feeling.

Oh, BTW,....lovin' the Motosportz bash plate man,...thank you! :thumbsup:

I gotta order me a T-6 carb vent filter and some extra vent tubing from Colo Moto too,...in fact I'm gonna do that right now.

Like you said, chit happens, life goes on,...keep the faith.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    This is NOT typical Husky or at least not pre BMW typical husky.

- The air filters you could have got from us, we have really nice Moose ones that have a big neoprene lips for sealing and are very high quality.

- The piston will be available through Athena and I bet wiseco.

- High wear parts are EZ to get.

BMW needs to sort out their parts issues ASAP. Not just this messed up stuff but ordering for the dealers as well. Not a time to stumble. Great product and great dealers, makes sure they have what the need to be successful BMW.
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    You bought the bike from Hall's and they don't stock Twin-Air filters? Am I misunderstanding you?

5. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Okay, no biggie,...no reason I can't still order some mooselips from you. I've always loved Moose stuff.

Yeah I know, but I've just always preferred the genuine OEM stuff for engine internals,...if at all possible. For example, KTMs come with Elko or Mahle forged pistons stock,...and they just seem to outlast a Wiseco. Never had an Athena, so can't comment. I know what 'The Who' always sang about her though................:D

Well that's good to hear then.
  6. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Yes Norman, you are,...and that's my fault, and I'm sorry.
    I bought the bike from a local dealer here in KY. They are predominantly a Kawasaki dealer, with Husky as a sideline offering.
    They just don't have much for Husky's,...and I could see that the first time I went in there. But I just figured they could order and get me anything Husky that I needed.

I've since come to the realization that Jeff Kaylor, the parts guru at Hall's, is the man I need to call about Husky parts. They eat, sleep, live, and breathe Husky there. :thumbsup:

Sorry Norman,...after re-reading my post I can see how it is misleading.
  7. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Thanks for the clarification!:thumbsup:

Some parts are flowing..... P3 is working on a large capacity tank for '09 125, that will also work for the '10 EFI TE250 which will share the same frame and tank (Hall's/IMS tank will be 125 only). Lindsey wanted a spare OEM tank for modelling purposes. Bottone's ordered it Friday at 6:00 EST, he had it Wednesday at noon and shipped it to P3 that afternoon. WR300 jet kit and WR125 upgrade kit are a pain in the butt.
  8. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

9. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Today I put a 30 pilot in Cody's CR 125 for the race this weekend. Temps here have gone from the low to mid 60's (F), to 80+ over the last 2 weeks. I was prepping the bike for this weekend and noticed a slight burble off-idle and an inconsistent idle. I popped the 30 pilot in it and things got right immediately. I also went from 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 on the mix screw. I didn't touch the idle screw. Our elevation is approx. 500 (ft). Stock pilot was 35. I went to a 32.5 last month when temps went from 40's to 60's.

Just an FYI.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  11. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    That's a trip about the pinholes in your 300 pipe. That'll throw your jetting for a curve..... I'll have to go and check out mine now.

I've mashed the crap outa my pipe, but I've got a bud who excels in 2 stroke pipe repair, so I'll be okay for now. I'm worried about the future as it can only be repaired so many times. Hopefully FMF is working on something. That pipe guard looks sweet, but its hard to part with $150 for a guard.

As for air filters.... I got a twin air from a local shop for $20. It fits all WR's from the mid-80's until current, including the 300. It works perfecto!

That T6 vent is a must on the 300 as it has shown dirt on the slide every time I've looked in the carb. Is it a Mikuni thing!?!? I've never seen dirt like this on an Keihin carb on a smoker.

I'm still tripping about the pinholes in the pipe. Too weird....

K,
    hope you get your upgrade parts quick. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.
    I rode Mark's WR125 last weekend. What an eye opener coming off the 300. So much fun in the tight twistiest.... effortless.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    And Marks is quite a bit more tame than my 09 or the 04 you rode. Runs nice and pulls well but gives up quite a bit on top. I like his bike but was a good bit faster on my 04. My 09 is going to be faster than the or judging by the top end (when I can get it there) and the 09 CR125 i rode. Fun stuff.
  13. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    After today's race, I made some jetting changes. Alt. 550. Temp. 75-85F. I kept the Idle jet at 30. I moved the needle up a notch (clip down one notch). I changed back to the stock 460 main (from 450) and also changed the plug from a Iridium 9 to an Iridium 8.

All the changes were based on old fashioned plug tip readings. The tip was looking quite baked... white and charred. After the second moto, I made the changes and things were looking quite good... nice dry, chestnut brown.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I'm now running...

470 main
    32.5 pilot
    kit needle in the middle position
    4.0 slide
    Doma pipe off an 04 CR
    PC SA muffler off a 04 CR
  15. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Was there some fabrication involved in using the older pipe and silencer?
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yep. Lots of stuff is different. Needed to bend stuff and make brackets. Hose clamped the muffler on for now. Rotate the kick start back a notch. Also covers the oil fill hole. made a huge difference in power output with the jetting changes.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  17. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Since your out ride that little puppy...one can only assume you somehow got the New Power Valve installed already.:D

Looks pretty cool with a silver Ex Pipe.:thumbsup:

So hypothetically speaking of coarse... if you were to take a guess at the main difference between the old and new P/V.

Is there a noticeable difference?
  18. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just a quick jetting update as the warmer more humid temps have arrived.My bike is an '09 CR125 and here's where I'm at and I raced it this weekend and it was running great.I'm in the northeast at basically sea level more or less where I've traveled with it.
    I'm back to the stock needle position with all the stock jetting(main,pilot etc.).I have the air screw at 1 turn out and I've set the idle so it just barely dies.
    Seems to be the ticket as the humidity and temps have risen here.
  19. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

After 4 years of racing my 2006 bike and one full year on the 2008 bike both are stock setting as delivered .Maybe the factory is on to something
  20. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I'm almost back to stock on my '09. Went back to a 32.5 pilot from a 30 (35 is stock). Went back to a 460 (stock) main from a 450. Kept the needle one clip notch lower (raised the needle on notch richer which still seems to fatten up the mid just right). I'm also running an Iridium plug #8 heat range (#9 is stock).