Thanks to Scot Harden and the top guys at Husky USA

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, May 8, 2009.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Many of you have had to endure my bitching about my 09 WR125 in multiple threads. For that I am sorry. Frustrations of missing epic rides I had looked forward to for a year overcame me.

That said I got a very heartfelt Email from Scot Harden today and addressed to the powers that be at Husky USA. They are working hard on it. Scot just got back from the factory. They know they messed this one up and are bending over backwards to fix it. I feel much better knowing all us 125 purchasers are getting the attention we need to get our bikes rolling. The solution is coming shortly and they are working as hard as they can.

Thanks Scot and crew.

Sorry for my rant on this but it looks like the squeaky wheel thing works. :D This sheds a lot of hope for the future of husky for me.
  2. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Great news indeed!

I got a phone call from Gerald at Upstate Cycle last week letting me know that the CR's are covered by the upgrade as well and that my parts should be arriving soon. That said, Scott from Toy Tech cycles in PA was able to get me a set of old style '09 (pre-upgrade design) engine brackets in time to keep the CR racing till the new stuff arrives!

Great service from great people who are genuinely interested in happy customers and seeing the Husky brand succeed!
  3. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Group hug time ????????

Sorry..........could not resist

Seriously.......did you think for a moment Husky would not come through???
    That WR125 is too nice to stay a bridesmaid............they are already winning here in NY at some opening HS's........wait til they are at 100% nationwide...........gonna be "the bike" from Husky in 09 when many thought it would be TE 310 or WR 300. Now.......if it was a WR 200 then that would be the deal!
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Been shouting for that bike for years, if they build it it will sell in big numbers.
  5. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Joe, are you saying the '09 WR's are winning in NY or the '07's?
  6. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    If Husky had a 200cc 2stroke that weighed within a few pounds of the orange offering I'd have one in my garage right now:thumbsup:

Glad to hear you're feeling better about your WR125, and Husky in general, Kelly. You're a great ambassador for the company and it would be a big blow to Husky if they were to lose your loyalty.

WoodsChick
  7. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Great to hear. Now if they'd just do something about the EFI problems.
  8. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
  9. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    Thanks Kelly for keeping us up to date on this...and your rants which are well placed... speaks volumes for all of us...:thumbsup:

Thank you
  10. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
  11. I'm figuring this is only the tip of the iceberg re: Scot's attention. Based on his winning spirit, it's simply not in his DNA to half-step. Like I said in another post, I'm sure there are some super initiatives and developments bound to come over the next few years with Husqvarna.
  12. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I use to think that way I use to say to my self cant wait to make it a 144.BUT now that i have changed the stock gearing from 13/50 to 13/52 the Bone Stock CR 125 is so much faster.First will walk up anything and now 6th will screem across the desert.Like i have said for 2 years now i race a stock 125 against the open class and feel no need for more.Last weeken i took my 510 which i just had Zip Ty racing
    add the latest suspention up dates to ,out to the National.I rode the 510 around and even did a few runs up the bomb .The bike is super fast and handles great but when it came time to start the race i took the 125 to the start line .a new Husky 200 might be what people think they need but it can be done on a stock 125.Next weeken i head up to
    Utha near Salt Lake City for the next round of the Nationals if i was not so worried i would mess it up i would play with the jetting as we will be up about 6,000 feet but i just do not want to change it since it runs so good.
  13. miketv Husqvarna
    A Class

That's a big relief Kelly,

glad things are moving in a better direction :thumbsup:. I also received some encouraging news about my recent dilemma last night. Looks like it's all gonna work out and I'll be back in business.

cheers,

Mike
  14. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    :thumbsup:
  15. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I am an Ajax fan now,, also son of ajax is a young 125 ripper as well. trust me Ive done 2 H&H nats,,,if that (older)guy can run the 125 through those events from start to finish, there is no doubt the machine is amazing. The L2 of both I did were flat out ugly in places and overall relentless in throwing terrain at you,, no rest for the weary. All you 125 fans are barkin up the right tree with the CR or WR which ever weapon you choose.
    I am praying for you 09 owners to get those babies sorted out!! Good on all of you!!
  16. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I have no doubt the CR/WR 125 is a ripper, and I'm sure it's fast, and I'm sure AjaxAuto wouldn't be winning on it if it wasn't the cat's meow.
    All the members here that have them love them (or they will when Husky comes through with the needed upgrades...) and they can't all be wrong:)

I don't need a ripper, as my rippin' days are pretty much over. My idea of rippin' is being able to maintain a 12mph average in a 12mph section of a nasty enduro. I need good chuggable bottom end in a small, slim and lighweight package. I've only ridden 2 types of 200's (several GG200's and several KTM 200's) but both of them had way more enduro-friendly motors than any other 125 I've ever ridden...and I've ridden a lot of them. The KTM motor with the head mod produces ungodly amounts of low end grunt...almost more than the beastly GG300's I've ridden...and the older models with the smaller frames were a perfect fit for me. For obvious reasons, I'd rather have the Husky than the KTM :D
    I'd really like to snag a ride on one of the new Husky 125's sometime soon because I need another 2-stroke. I'd like to see if the smaller motor and extra weight of the 125 can give me what I need without having to work too hard to get it.

And just to keep this on topic (sorry, guys!) I'd like to extend a big "Thanks" to Scot and all the folks at the top, too. I think we're pretty fortunate here to have the ear of someone that really does care about our concerns as Husky owners :thumbsup:

WoodsChick
  17. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    The 200 KTM's I have ridden...(though I havent tried the gas gas) is based more on the 250...I tend to think of them as 250's with a bit less power

Notwithstanding...125's being a totally different ball game...much more agile and lighter...crankshaft mass is much less...and the difference is quite noticeable..I think thats the key

Its more mental effort to be smooth on a 125(your going to have a busy left foot)...but they float over the terrain like magic...:ride:

but as the saying goes..."there's no accounting for taste"
  18. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Pretty much the same for me, they always feel like a small 250, not a 125 on steroids. I recently rode an '08 200 XCW with all the cool mods. A nice bike, but I always feel like I might as well ride a WR250, when I ride a 200.
  19. dirtbikejunkie Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have to disagree on the 200 vs. 250. I have owned both 200 and 250 simultaneously (KTM), have wrode WR250, YZ 250, etc. The 200 is a ripper if you ride it like a 125, but has tons more grunt than a 125. It's not the torque of a 250, but at the same time it wears on you less and can be extremely effective if rode correctly. IMO, it's one of the most fun out of the box woods bikes for the money, especially for smaller rider.

My wife use to ride a 200, and she agreed there was no comparison between my 250 and her 200. They have different chassis, and IMO the motor characteristics are completely different. It's definitely a "tweeny" bike
  20. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I agree with everything you said. The 200s feels more like monster 125s to me than weak 250s, especially the older KTMs in the smaller chassis. They feel like they spin up faster than 250s, thereby giving me that "small bike" feel without the 1/4 inch wide powerband of a 125.

Again, I'd really like to get a test ride on a Husky 125. I'd like to see for myself if all the 125 riders here know better than myself what I think I might need...

WoodsChick