08 TE hand guards?

Discussion in '610/630' started by 04asphalt, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

another photo for you.. Cycra pro bends mounted to handlebar and bar end. I tweaked the right pro bend during a nice get off. When I hit the ground the pro bend was bent into the throttle tube on the end and kept the throttle running up the r's with the rear wheel turning... Had to pull it apart on the spot and with the help of a few friends we were able to bend it away from the end of the bar enough to keep the throttle tube from being torqued..

[IMG]
  2. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Hey Fast1 not to steal the thread (Sorry) but do you or did you have any trouble with mounting your GPS there..

[IMG]

I had to move mine cuz the Brake cable kept hitting the GPS.:excuseme:
  3. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'll start a new thread so we don't hyjack this one.
  4. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    so you bent the right aluminum hand guard?
    or did it get shifted in the bar end- was it not originally flush with the handlebar? then the problem was it now was flush and rubbing the throttle/grip. ??

The only hand guards I have seen bend- were some old model accerbis ones about 6 years or so ago that seemed to bend like a lead bar...

Good Hand guards usually seem likely to shift or move or loosen than bend... I've been looking at the new Cyrca's CRMs which have the bar mounts very close to the handlebar mounts-

Oh - I like bikebonz mounts too. Trick stuff they have-
  5. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

yes I bent the hand guard. The bolt that holds the bar end inside the bar also bent. I need to purchase a new replacement since I can not get this one positioned correctly anymore to match the side that isn't bent. It was an eye-opener get off by the way :eek: I did get to test out the Komodo pressure suit.. it worked very well.

In addition I had to loosen the handle bar mounts that go through the top of the tripple clamp since the impact had slightly twisted them in the rubber mounts.
  6. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    wow- glad your OK- sounds like a "horrendous crash" as Sheriff Rosco P'train would say...
  7. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Fast 1,

I've had the same thing happen with the Cycra's bar-end retaining bolt. Crashed good and must have shifted the insert thus loosening it. Crashed again after the bolt had worked its way out and bent the bolt. I don't have a vise at home to "customize" these things to relieve the tension so they won't tend to spring out if slightly loose. Luckily, my throttle tube was trimmed back enough that it couldn't be held open by the guards after a crash. I've also bent the Tomaselli's a few times so that always makes the Cycra's not fit quite right as well. I'm still happy with them as they've saved my hands and controls too many times to count. Nice insurance for my occasional "lack of talent", lol.
  8. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I was worried about removing too much throttle tube/grip when installing mine because I didn't want dirt to work itself into the throttle tube/handle bar friction points.

The pro bends did offer substantial protection to the levers and hands and I just feel its the part that can be replaced if required while keeping the important stuff free of damage while your riding.

Now for the stock hand guards... first day mine tipped in the driveway while idling during warm-up and the blinker, hand guard, clutch lever and flywheel case all broke while the case took a beating.. that was just from kickstand position to ground damage.. without any riding involved.. all done before the first mile got put on the bike. :lol: That should be convincing enought to get some quality hand guards.. :excuseme:

[IMG]
  9. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    I remember you posting that and it is still appreciated because it kept me from discovering the idle tipover for myself. I guess that's what this forum stuff is all about. Learn from someone else's experience good or bad. I trimmed my throttle tube after seeing F2G's stick after a get off following Kelly, Oldbones and BTC in Tahuya. That was a nice sweat fest 90+ deg in May last year; didn't want to repeat that one with my noob self. :cheers:

edit: just realized this is in the 610 section, hopefully still applies to 610ers :busted:
  10. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

If I'm not mistaken the 610 bars for 08 and 09 are copies of the small displacement bikes..