08 TE hand guards?

Discussion in '610/630' started by 04asphalt, Mar 2, 2009.

1. 04asphalt Husqvarna
    AA Class

trying to decide what hand guards to mount on the 08 TE, anyone have picture of theirs?
    what is the I.D. of the bar ends?:excuseme:
  2. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
  3. mcinfantry Husqvarna
    B Class

ive had three styles of acerbis, and ducati hypermotards. i went BACK to acerbis supermotos..
  4. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    Acerbis on my 06'.

Attached Files:

5. Howard70 Husqvarna
    A Class

Cycra Probends

I've been happy with the Cyra Probends on my 08 TE610. I used the triple clamp side mounts. There are two models of the mounts, I used the universal ones (CY-1055-02) but I couldn't see a difference from the CRF-X side mounts (CY-1055-CRX).

The Probends come with two sizes of expanding plugs for the bars. I've seen accounts where folks drilled the bars to accept the larger of the two because they couldn't get the smaller ones to expand and grip the bar.

I used the smaller plug, but I expanded it before inserting to a size that would barely fit. That provided enough friction so that the plug would then grip and expand well once in the bar. I've had them on several months and a couple of falls - they haven't moved. Another trick to getting them to hold initially would be a single layer of electricians tape around the plug.

The aluminum guards themselves did not perfectly line up when I installed them, but it was easy to carefully bend them into shape with a vice and a large cresent wrench. If you do that, go slow and spread the effect along the guard - I wouldn't put all of the new bend in one place to avoid cracking the hard aluminum and spreading the bend gives a better curve.

Here's a link to some photos:
    http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/album.php?albumid=32

Howard L. Snell
  6. Boatman Husqvarna
    A Class

+1

Except I drilled the ends of the bars to accept the mounts. It was no big deal and doesn't affect the strength because you only drill in about 1 1/4"

[IMG]
  7. 04asphalt Husqvarna
    AA Class

would the swivel type mounts eliminate the need to bend the bars?
  8. Howard70 Husqvarna
    A Class

Clarification - you're bending the aluminum guards, not the handlbars.

The bending isn't a big deal and you might not even need to do it if you mounted the guards in the handlebars and then just pushed the guards enough to line up the mounting holes. I tried that and I didn't like the strain it put on the expander plugs, so I bent the guards instead.

I'm not familiar with the swivel type mounts you mention, but I doubt that they'd help. The lack of initial perfect fit comes from the guards extending too far forward, so you bend them back. For a swivel to help I assume the problem would have to be one of minor alignment that the swivel could account for.

While opinions undoubtedly differ, I recommend the triple clamp mounts over the handlebar mounts because the triple clamp mounts are incredibly stable compared to the handlebar mounts that tend to rotate in a fall.

Howard
  9. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Here's my HDB guards, with and without the plastic deflectors
    You can see and read more here --> HDB <-- Click it
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

:thumbsup:
  10. Boatman Husqvarna
    A Class

I again agree with Howard.... the triple clamp mounts are the way to go. There are so many different handlebars that there is no way the guards will fit perfectly every time without a little tweaking.
  11. Howard70 Husqvarna
    A Class

If I was starting over again, these HDB guards are the way I'd go. The foldout mirror and switch options would be great.

Howard
  12. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    I have seen your threads on these- are they any heavier than normal guards- they look thicker and bigger all around-
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have a set, not heavier than standard Cycras and very nice quality. Mounts tot the top bar clamp. Good stuff and nice dude that builds them. We are going to have them up on our site soon.
  14. 04asphalt Husqvarna
    AA Class

what are the stock bars? magura??
    what is the dia. 7/8? 1 1/8
    decided on the cycra pro bend. what mounts should I use. they have several size bar clamp, side pinch triple, top mount triple, etc. they also offer a speacial bend to give space for brake cables...:excuseme:
  15. Boatman Husqvarna
    A Class

Not sure who makes the stock bars but they are 7/8". Side mount triple is what I used and I didn't get the special bend. I wanted black guards but they only come in white in the kit. Guess I'll have to crash more to make it worth while to buy the black guards.:D

Just a thought... besides being more stable the other plus with the triple mounts is if you plan on stepping up to 1 1/8" bars in the future, you won't need to buy new bar clamps.
  16. rajobigguy Administrator

+1 on the Zeta XC flashers for the 610. I prefer not to mount to the triple clamp on the 610 because it is a dual sport bike and I use it that way so that means that I soak up some hwy miles and if you mount the gaurds to the triple clamp you end up bypassing the isolaters in the handlebar mount which means more vibration in the hand grips.
  17. 08_TE_250_Dad Husqvarna
    B Class

18. Thorton98 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Acerbis Rally Pros. I liked the way McInfantry's bike looked,so I went that way. Very happy with 'em!

Attached Files:

19. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Cycras mounted to the bars and bar ends. Just cause thats what they had on the shelf at the local bike shop. So far so good.

I also use the CR High bars, ProGrip 'rallye' grips, and from Dual Star i have heated grips. Its all good. :)
  20. Thorton98 Husqvarna
    AA Class

04asphalt- Sorry, mine are Acerbis multiconcept Enduro Handguards with big bar swivel mounts. I sent you a PM with all the details- price, where I got 'em, etc. I looked at so many different handguards I can't even remember what I have!!! Temporary insanity!!:confused:
    Talk to ya, Stace