ZipTy Engine Rebuild Services

Discussion in 'Zip Ty Racing' started by Huskynoobee, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    ZipTy Racing has been a Husqvarna Racing Team for many years. As a result, you'll be hard pressed to find another shop that has as much expertise and experience with these power plants. From Italian "Big Block" engines, to the latest Husky/KTM four strokes, and the smallest to largest 2 strokes, we've got you covered.

Bring in your bike, or send us your engine if you like. This sexy "Red Head" is all refreshed and going back to its owner.

IMG_5902.JPG

For all of your service needs call (760) 244-7028
    Reflexrider, Kam1, bigjon and 5 others like this.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    OMG that's a new SWM engine.....with Husky clutch cover. PS note for fun, I removed the sight glass installed an alloy disc into the seal and epoxied a 1 Franc coin onto it (for the factory Husky French racers).
    My 2008 TXC450 sight glass was broken by Glen Helen roost from a dang Honda CRF450 I was chasing at an SRA GP. Glad I noticed that strange no oil sound and looked down to see my boot covered in oil. DNF drove home modded it and everything is still fine.
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Plan on bringing my 07 TE 450 in when rebuild time comes around. 544 hours right now. Still starts and runs good at the moment.:cool:
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  4. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    you sure about that (SWM)? 'cause it has a 8000 part number on the cylinder. 'course if the cylinder was replaced (and if it is bolt-on. Cool!) that's another story. guess i wouldn't change the castings, either.

I really hope SWM takes off.

How did a CRF break your sight glass? was he completely sideways while you were blowing his doors off tapped out in 5th? and good catch on the noise change- most people would ignore it. I think it's the timing chain mostly?? anyway, you saved yourself a motor.

ciao
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    just tongue in cheek on the SWM comment. (but same powerplant)

I assume it was the CRF because that was only roost I received , BTW it was on the practice /sighting lap......so really it was a DNS not a DNF and a @2 hour drive up to GH from San Diego only to get in 1 lap then turn around and drive back.

I never heard anyone else have a sight glass shatter that I can remember, but maybe there was, because I do remember telling about my alloy disc mod and coin epoxy job to someone.
  6. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    oops... completely missed the humor- you got me.

yeah, I remember reading about your glass-to-franc replacement a few years ago (?). there's some guy on ebay that repairs 'em. Though the husky ones (of that era) are big and exposed so I guess I'm not surprised- although I always thought that they were plastic.

wait... that ebay guy repairs brake master cylinder sight glasses, now that I think about it, so.... never mind.
    robertaccio likes this.
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Oh yea back to the rebuild thread, we did my TXC450 at somewhere near the 300hr mark. it really could have gone and gone more. no stretch but some wear on the exhaust valves. did everything regardless (all bearings, crank rebuild etc.) and added the SM450 counterbalance shaft assy per ZipTy recommendation. Bike is still going strong in her retirement life, and still smooth as glass.
  8. FatDaddyMX Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TXC510 09 TC450
    Other Motorcycles:
    04 KTM 200sx 78 RM125 Fox Re
    Sorry Guys but I have been away for awhile for work, St Thomas Virgin Islands.
    Its nice to be back.
    Just before I left, I lost all coolant in my tc450 prerunner. Hose leak.
    Great story riding in the back of the vegetable truck back to Ensenada.
    I talked to Ty, he got a laugh with my story.
    He had my engine for a week, went thru everything and got me up and running.
    Ty talked me thru what he found and what he did.
    I am always amazed how he will drop what he is doing and talk with me.
    I am a old guy working on bucket list items, but he has always spent time with to answer questions and tell things he has picked up on.
    He has done all of the motor work and suspension on my tc450 prerunner and txc510 race bike.
    Both are better than I am. They both allow me to go to my limits and stay there comfortably.
    Ty has helped me with my projects over the years, and I do not think I would have gone as far as I did without his help.
    Ty has a customer for life in me.

Fat Daddy
    Huskynoobee, Kam1 and juicypips like this.
  9. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Getting back to an old thread. I have a TE 630 that I am now getting parts for to bring it back to life. Bottom end, con rod. I remember Tinkin talking about a mod for the 630 motors to give the crank better oil flow. What is the mod? is it some magic only the Zip Ty shop can perform? Is it something an ordinary joe like myself, or my choice of a local shop perform? I recall Tinkin saying without the mod the bottom end will always be short lived. The community NEEDS to know this mod. If anyone can help, PLEASE DO!
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  10. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    It's not magic, but it does require a precise experienced shop. If you would like to send it in, we'll be happy to take care of it, but we can't go giving our secrets away.
  11. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Thank you for the reply Huskynoobee. Send the cases in or the crank, or both?

I will be taking my crank to a local shop for rebuild. I would be happy to send in just the case shells if that is what is needed. Can they get painted Red like the Zip Ty motors. Is that service offered to? :cool:
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    FYI recommendation I brought my basket case low hour 2013 310TXC (disassembled to save on labor hours as well as for discovery of issue) up to ZipTy Racing with her rolling chassis.
    Ty and crew had her completely rebuilt and reassembled in short period of time with some added booster products in head work and other ZipTy products thrown into the build. All done and ready to race, I will always love those little 300cc four strokes but they were rather delicate for my taste, Ty was always working on bullet proof stuff for them.

Issue-Broken oil pump gear in the middle of a local Tecate Mexico race, which I finished in 2nd 50+ open with crazy noises coming from the zero oil flow engine, so think about what we needed for that power plant after close to an hour of hot weather racing on a closed course GNCC type 6 mile loop.