1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Zip-TY Suspension Review

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by PawPaw, Oct 23, 2014.

1. PawPaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Crf450R + old CB750
    Ok, first off I am and old guy that still likes to ride MX. I have always been able to get my bikes suspension dialed in over the years and have only sent my suspension off for reworking 2 other times in 40 + years, so doing so does not come easy for me.
    I have a 2013 Husqvarna TC 449 and the suspension from the factory was very strange. The shock spring and dampening were very harsh as were the forks. The bike had bad head shake and was beating me to death while not having traction out of turns and not reacting well to MX jumps even with the correct static and race sag dialed in.
    I had spoken with several different suspension companies about have the units re-valved and sprung for my weight and my MX riding and to be frank most did not know the bike so I was not happy with their ability to make these units work correctly.
    I contacted Zip-Ty racing via e-mails and after several exchanges I elected to send the units to them for the work. Now understand I live a long way from them and it took awhile, but the cost and the results were well worth the wait. The reworked suspension works great! Now the bike has great traction, corner control, high speed stability as well as working great on jumps. It is like night and day between the OEM and the reworked units in the way they work. The suspension now works correctly and it makes the bike seem like a totally different unit.

This put the fun back in the bike.

I love the results!

If you need your suspension done, this is the place!

Thank you Zip-TY racing for being there for me!

Paw Paw
    LandofMotards and Motosportz like this.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I second that. Great suspension service from those guys. As you said, it transformed my bikes as well.
  3. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Can they re-valve mine for an old, slow fat guy? I'd like something plush but can still take a moderate hit from time to time.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many