Zip Ty Racing waterless coolant

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Baddrapp, Aug 18, 2014.

1. eca Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Interceptor (sold)
    Ordered. Time to get the cooling system in shape.
    Motosportz likes this.
  2. broadwayron Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 520RR
    Sorry for the stupid question, but what's the downside to using this stuff?
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Cost. You pay for what you get.
  4. broadwayron Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 520RR

Seriously, cost is the only disadvantage? Considering all the things I've wasted money on, it sounds like I should give this a try. Hell, I don't have money to burn, but I pay $400/month just to park my bikes!
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I dont know but the only one I can think of. Once you use it you will be like, humm.... thats pretty cool. :)
  6. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I was actually pist the first time I used it, wondering wtf no one had told me earlier. I lost three RFS racing engines due to over boiling in the desert, all of which could have been avoided with $23 bucks worth of XF. I'd say it's pretty damn cheap considering it lasts the life of the bike. The down side? If you have an emergency and have to put water in it, you can, and it still keeps pretty sweet 257° boiling protection. But when you get home, you have to drain it all out and put fresh XF in again. :cool:
    PaulC likes this.
  7. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Please let us know how the XF works in your TR650 in the long term, maybe after a couple of rides. And thank you for using our product!
    PaulC likes this.
  8. jimmyc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 TXC449, 09 SM610, WR250, plated
    Other Motorcycles:
    18YZ250X GS1200 busa duc900SS GG
    Thanks Guys . All good advise!
  9. PaulC F class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 2018 YZ 450F, 2019 CRF1000AT
    For Aussie consumers, I noticed Autobarn has started selling Evans Power Cool 180. Not sure about the quantity options tho.
    Liquid Intelligence 115 has a 1.5lt tin which is rite for the TR.
    Louisbiker likes this.
  10. Mark_H Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR 650 Strada; 2015 Nuda 900R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda XRM 125, Kawasaki Curve 115
    Question - If I replace my coolant with XF and fill the system and radiator, what is the optimum level and do I still need the Expansion tank to be connected or will it become redundant?
  11. PaulC F class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 2018 YZ 450F, 2019 CRF1000AT

The safe answer is... keep the tank and keep the coolant to the same level.
    The reason I've retained my tank is because I dont want any air in the system.
    XF2 and 115 are made for motorcycles. If you go to the evans be sure to get the motorcycle blend.
    Hope this helps:D
  12. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    Here this man says two interesting things:

1-«Evans has been designed in a way that the additives stay suspended within the solution at all times, so we hear many comments, especially from people who don't drive their car every day, that when they do get to drive it, they have to replace their coolant and that's because the additives drop out, they settle at the bottom of the cooling system, they crystallize and that coolant is, effectively, useless.».
    The last time in which I flushed my (water based) coolant, I noticed that at the bottom of the bottle into which I poured it there were some white solid things!
    I've kept it for inspection purposes and today I've taken a photo:
    [IMG]
    2-«We get comments that water is the best thermal conductor and it's true, we can't argue with that, but only in its liquid state, so, once the water becomes vapuor, the thermo-conductivity of water is no longer relevant. That vapour, within the cooling system, actually creates pockets throughout the cooling jackets and separates the coolant from the metal components, stopping any heat transfer.» (Like Tinken already wrote in the previous page).
  13. danketchpel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Moto Guzzi, Ducati, Beta
    That is my thinking also. I made sure there was some XF2 in the overflow tank so when it cooled back down it didn't suck any air into the system. I filled mine to pretty much overflowing with the engine hot and running, then slapped the cap on quick.
  14. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    That white precipitate is just DKP. It doesn't dissolve in EG well, so manufactures like Evans must add a little bit of water. XF2 contains no DKP and only trace amounts of water because it is hydroscopic (pulls water out of the air), far less than Evans. As tested, Evans turns dark brown when heated, XF2 did not. We use very high grade EG which contains less contaminates such as water.