Zip-Ty Racing Videos

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Bigred97, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Bigred97 Husqvarna
    B Class

2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Yeah that 449 is underpowered.......Bonds 2nd into turn one on a basically OEM 450 against well developed top level team bikes from the other brands.
  3. DesertHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for youtube video of the race. In regards to the 1st Video 449 being underpowered. The bike isn't under powered it seems like it has more to do with Bonds still nursing an injury & a lack of quality time spent on the bike.

In regards to the 2nd video. This is how we do it here in the southwest part of the US. The 449 seem to have plenty power leaving the pits as well as there is the speed limit in the pits. The rocky & hilly terrain may seem to make the bike look unpowered, but it looks like the traction was no question was there!

Here in southern part of Nevada & California a lot of parts of the desert which consist of rocks (boulders in some cases) sand washes, deep woops, silt (very dry & dusty dirt) and sometimes the 110 degree heat. These types of terrain has no mercy on bikes and riders! Believe me!

I will be at the Worcs race in Primm NV. (California/Nevada stateline) on Feb 26-27. I'm going to make it point to keep watch how competitive the bike really is. I think the bike is going to do very well this year as well as turn some heads!

....and currently waiting for a phone call from my dealer telling me that my 2011 449 has arrived!
  4. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    I'm sure the solid traction of the CTS system had a lot to do with making it easy for him to get off the line well.
  5. Klas Husqvarna
    A Class

I can tell you guys, there is no other bike with so much traction and grip as TE/TC/TXC 449 on the market. I ride a TE 449.

/ Klas
  6. jfoulkrod Husqvarna
    AA Class

First, thanks for the videos. I wonder if Husqvarna will change the gas tank for 2012. It looks like refueling with gallon milk jugs is somewhat more difficult, especially spilling gas all over. I surmise that center of gravity issues prompted this design, but it seems a bit unconventional. I like the bike (have been Husky loyal since 1968) but wonder about the gas tank. Would welcome any Husky brother / sister opinions that may enlighten me. Thanks!
  7. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    It's brand spanking new, first model year. So aftermarket support is virtually non-existant. I wouldn't expect that to be the case 6 months from now given all the hot press the bike is getting.