Zip Ty Racing Nic Burson wins desert night race

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ajaxauto, May 30, 2010.

1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The 100s MC had there summer Team Night Race he in the So Calif Desert last night
    I rode sweep all night on the Husky 125 so i did not get to race
    BUT i did see Mr Nic pull the hole shot and never give up the lead
    After 4 hours plus one lap on the 12 mile long course Nic Burson who teamed up with Matt Henderson crossed the finish line 1st in class and 1st overall

Ok Nic let hear the comlpet storie
  2. Nick657 Husqvarna
    AA Class

The night races are pretty crazy. But I ended up having a good time. Riding with my buddy Mat Henderson we were looking for redemption from getting smoked last year. I did a lot of testing with my lights (http://www.rigidindustries.com/) during the week to get ready. I knew the Start was going to be really important because the Dust at night is really bad. So I ended up with the holeshot and tried to put a really good first lap in. I came in with a 30 second lead on the first lap. For about 2 hours we were withing 15 to 30 seconds in the lead depending on lappers and what not. Finally around the 3 hour mark we started to open up a good gap. We ended up winning by about 5 minutes. I had a great time and I'm happy to get the win. Thanks for all the support.
    Nick Burson
  3. HuskyT Moderator

Congrats Nick! Keep em coming!

T
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Sweet! Great report and keep up the winning way for Husky!
  5. noairkerr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 yamaha wr250f 2005 ktm 200 exc
    Great Job! Those are some impressive lights, I'm sure we will start seeing more of them at Starvation ridge. Sounds like the color is good in dust. Just when I thought I was done buying lights......KP
  6. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great job Nick :applause: :cheers:
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    :applause:

But which lights? 'E' series?
  8. Nick657 Husqvarna
    AA Class

E Series

I ran two 10 inch E series.
  9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  10. jfoulkrod Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great ride Nick. Keep up the good work....you're doing Husqvarna proud!
  11. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

CONGRATS! You guys and your bikes must be in unreal shape to complete a race like that. Enjoy the taste of victory!
  12. Swampds Husqvarna
    AA Class

Congrats! It is nice to see that Zip Ty team is getting great results. I can't imagine trying to ride at race pace at night. :notworthy:
  13. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

What kind of speed can you run at nite with those lights(in mph)?

George mentioned his 4" one is good for about 65mph.
  14. Nick657 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm not sure what MPH, but I felt as fast at night as I go during the day when I have clean air. The lights really light up the trail. The biggest problem for me is passing lappers. You can't see the area around you so it's too dangerous to get off the trail. The dust reflects off the light and it's hard to see. So in clean air I can ride fast but catching and passing is probably slower at night.
  15. HuskyMax Husqvarna
    AA Class

I was looking at rigids website and noticed the amber series that is supposed to help in dusty conditions. Have you tested any of those?

Congratulations on the win:cheers:
  16. Nick657 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I haven't tested the amber set up and I would really like to. Just to see if it would help at all. The dust at night just seems so blinding. Its crazy at some points in the race you are just sitting down going about 5 miles an hour because you can't see anything.