Zip Ty Racing in 2012 ???????????????????????

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ajaxauto, Nov 11, 2011.

1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Any one heard if Zip Ty Racing will have a Husky Team in 2012 ? I stopped by there to pick up my bike and saw NO NEW 2012 bikes being preped for 2012.Then when I asked whats up for next year
    no one would commit to a answer.Then i asked a few of there ridders and all they would say is we hope so we are working on it.
    Sure hope so Ty and the Zip Ty Racing Team have worked hard these last few years to make Husky a up and comming force.I know of no one out here on the west coast,where Husky now has relocated there main office.That would or could do a better job at promoting Husky in all the different types of races that the Zip Ty Racers go to.
    Out here I have found many dealers that can sell you a Husky but if there is something you want to do to help dial it in Zip Ty Racing has the answers.
    Sure hope they will be around in 2012 Any one know more
  2. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    when lips are tight, deals are still in progress.
  3. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sure hope so because from the looks of what I saw if a deal is in works they are getting a late start for 2012.Remember they race all year long where some teams only race when the snow melts
  4. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

hope they continue on the huskys
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    well if there are any questions about the ZipTy team during the silly season.....I sure hope Ty renews or gets renewed as the west coast racing team. ZipTy appears to have steadily progressed the brand out here.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    John, tried to call you back, will call later. Sure hope this is not true.
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Hard to see how ZipTy could be let go really ... Who could or would replace them? Most any move would seem like it would have to be a couple steps backwards ...
  8. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Best thing to do is let this thread die ASAP, best for all parties at this time. What is going on is none of our concern or business.
    Later George
  9. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    The best way to let a thread die is to not post to it, especially with cryptic messages that will only foster more interest than thread participants might have had before.

While the future of the Zip-Ty team might not be none of our business in the strictest sense of the word, the thought of a major player in Husqvarna racing not fielding a
    team for 2012 is of utmost concern to the Husqvarna enthusiasts here. While wild and unsubstantiated rumours are not helpful (none of which have been posited here, by the way) it is quite natural to discuss the issue.
  10. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    The current thing may be good; the next thing may be even better. We wont know until something actually happens, and then we wont know how good that is until some race results show up :oldman:

OTOH, the 'new 650' thread is several pages long already, based on little more than finger in the wind guestimation so why should this be any different.....
    raisrx251 and WoodsChick like this.
  11. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

So what is the word? I just saw their 2011 bikes are up for sale.
  12. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

i noticed that none of the hardcore stuff, radiators, oil cooler kits are no longer on the website...
  13. Thomas95 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    HVA WR 144
    i hope it fits here but can anybody say me the email adress from ZipTry Racing?
    I cant find them on the website :(
  14. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
  15. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I was there on Friday Still makes alot of aftermarket parts for the husky Next week about 15 big brake kits for the 2006 up WR 250/300 will be ready
    This lets you run the same size brake all the other Husky have Why the WR 250/300 comes wth a small rear brake when all the other models have the big brake is somethng I do not understand
    Zip Ty might not field a race team with the support of the Husky Factory BUT Ty will help you make any of the current Husky handle and run better
    Tinken and robertaccio like this.
  16. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Try a PM to Tinken.
    Tinken likes this.
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    From my ZipTy "bling" parts to the ZipTy clutch rebuild to my Ty Davis tuned suspension, support and moto friendship from Ty's shop has been top notch. "His" support racers are pretty solid as well (himself, Sutherlin, Garrison etc.). Oh yea and Ajax and Robertaccio too (hahaha)
    WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  18. tnttimber Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ty's crew have always been very supportive of me and have been a great help. I'm sad they no longer cary the H banner.
  19. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    If not carrying the H banner, just another example of the current regime cutting all ties to its past performers (and maybe the last of its kind?) it seems ...
  20. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I have sat around far too many campfires and have heard too many false rumors. Times are hard right now and the motorcycle industry isn't what it used to be. The bottom line is that Husqvarna cannot financially support a professional race team with a magnitude to Ty's abilities.

Purchasing a motorcycle doesn't automatically make you a share holder in said company, but you do have an interest in the future and well being of the future of that company. In my humble opinion, I feel that if you own a Husqvarna motorcycle and/or if your business and well being revolves around such motorcycle, then this information is your business.

Just because Zip-Ty racing doesn't officially carry the "H banner", doesn't mean they will no longer support H customers, because they do. Ty could ride any bike manufactured in the world and still to this day he prefers to ride his Husky. Ty has this immense knowledge of motorcycles that I cannot even phantom and I don't know anyone who knows more about Husqvarnas than he does. He really is a great guy, he is extremely generous and fair to his customers, never gouging them for their last penny like I have seen in too many other businesses in this industry. I suggest you give him a call or stop by and if he isn't terribly busy (which sometimes he can be), he will point you in the direction you wish to go.

The best way to contact Zip-Ty is by phone. Either Danny or Ty will be able to answer all of your questions.
    Zip-Ty Racing
    Phone - 760 244 7028
    Fax - 760 948 0132
    Sales PartsDirect@ZipTyRacing.com
    Support Questions@ZipTyRacing.com
    Phone Orders 9am - 5pm PST
    Online / Fax Orders 24 / 7
    International Orders Welcome!
    MikeB likes this.