Yr 2000 TE610 Supermoto questions from a Newbie

Discussion in '610/630' started by CMB123, May 12, 2009.

1. CMB123 Husqvarna
    B Class

Hi All

Please be gentle as this is my 1st post and 1st Husky and not sure this is the right section or forum.
    I picked up a TE610ESM here in the UK this last weekend and so far so good apart from 2 things:

1 Rev counter does not work
    2 Plastics need replacing as do road tyres.

Does anyone have any cluies where to start problem solving with the speedo (is it cable or electrical drive from CDI for example)?
    Also been trying to look for plastics places here in the UK for 1999-2000Model Husky plastics but seems to be difficult to find.

Any tech input and pointers for aftermarket/plastics places or websites here in the UK much appreciated.

Many thanks

Chris
  2. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Welcome to CafeHusky and the wonderful world of Husky ownership, CMB123 :cheers: And happy late birthday, too:) I'm glad to see another 610 `tard here:D

I don't have the answers to your questions, but someone in the 610 forum might know about the speedo and plastics.

Good luck!

EDIT: moving this to the 610 forum for better exposure...

WoodsChick
  3. Fritzcoinc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Disconnect the cable at the wheel gear box and try to spin by hand.
    The speedo needle should wiggle a little.
    My speedo cable failed at about 2800 miles.
    New one was about $23 USD
    While waiting for new speedo cable, it took a while to get for some reason, I used the one from my 84 400 Enduro. Same size but a little different construction.
  4. terrorkorps Husqvarna
    B Class

1 - the rev counter exploding at 12000 km, common issues...

2- plastics are common on ebay.de, search on it at good price.

bye from Italy
  5. CMB123 Husqvarna
    B Class

Hi

Thanks for the replies. Enjoying the husky at the moment (rain permitting). With the SM wheels and sticky rubber on this thing certainly corners well.:ride:

I will take the rev counter off this weekend to have a look at it but for my info does this take a signal from the coil/plug or elswhere electrical?

Also am going to do an oil and filter change and valve clearance check, any handy tips or can anyone point me in the direction of a web "how to" guide?

Thanks one and all in advance.

Note to self get some photos up on the web of the bike.
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Here was a good How Too on the SM610 valve check, but sadly the pictures have disappeared.
    http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=578484

There are a few leads in that thread though.
  7. CMB123 Husqvarna
    B Class

Many many thanks for this info. My 610 is a year 2000 (rhs kick start and elec start. I guess the motors had not changed to 2006 so procedure the same. Reg the RHS bag filter does this need cleaning and new gasket?

Cheers
  8. London610 Husqvarna
    B Class

Depending on how near you are to Winchester, it may be worth giving Husky Sport a call, they're a sponser on hear too, worth looking them up as they are the importers (read top dogs) of Husqvarna's in the UK and have the best chance of finding what your looking for. - www.huskysport.co.uk