XPC Racing seat?

Discussion in '610/630' started by djchan, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Doormandan Husqvarna
    A Class

I received my seat back last week from XPC ( it was dropped off personally at my job:thumbsup:) great customer service. I installed it the next day the fit and finish is great. We are still to busy to ride for the next few weeks so the report will have to wait.

Dan L :cheers:
  2. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    Any pics while we wait for full report?
  3. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    XPC Racing

+1 Another XPC Racing customer here.

I just got off the phone with Jim Barrett @ XPC Racing. Great guy to talk with and excellent customer service. Also, an amazing turn around time... they received my seat last Friday, worked their magic on a complete makeover, and its ready to ship tomorrow (Thursday). That's less then 1 week downtime.

I will post pics and ride report when my seat arrives.
  4. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    My XPCRacing seat arrived today!!!

First impressions were great! The seat looked very good. The overall contour and foam density looks like it will provide firm support. I love how the textured vinyl with red stitching looks.

A ride report will be coming soon! I hope to ride my bike to work tomorrow for a short ride. This weekend will be my longer ride. I will give you a follow-up report next week to let you know how things are.

Full view of my bike:

[IMG]

Various profile views of the seat:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Close-up view of the textured vinyl and red stitching:

[IMG]

Close-up view of the nice logo and how I attach my seat (allen bolt and plastic washer for support):

[IMG]

Great work XPCRacing!!!
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Did they change the fastener that holds the seat on?

(zues? dusse?)
  6. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    No, I encountered issues during a previous seat mod where the Dzuz fastener would not engage properly. I replaced the fastener with a M8x1.25 thread allen bolt along with a thread clip nut. The threaded clip nut is riveted to the subframe in a similar manner as the OE version.

I have found that the thicker seat cover material can cause issues with the Dzuz length of engagement on the cam profile. My solution works well to overcome this issue. Also, the plastic washer clamps the seat cover nicely to prevent cutting around the bolt head. An alternative route would be to source a new Dzuz fastener with slightly longer shank length.

Note: this Dzuz fastener concern is not specific to XPCRacing. You could encounter it with any aftermarket seat cover (XPCRacing, Renazco, Guts, etc.) that has different thickness than OE cover. This is one downside of Dzuz/cam lock fasteners.
  7. Nesbocaj Husqvarna
    A Class

You can also un-rivet the fastener portion on the bike and turn it upside down in it's stock location and re-rivet. This shortens up the reach some.
    Worked with the Corbin just fine.:thumbsup:
  8. skywalker951 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I would shorten the suspension instead of the seat. This has worked great for me with a 29" inseam. Shortened the travel 1 1/2", I use this bike for ds and not hard riding. I have a Renazco seat and I expected more comfort. The quality is great but I think its not worth the money.
  9. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    Ride Report

Sorry for the delay on this ride report...

I have been commuting to work (15 miles each way) and did a 100 mile ride this weekend. The XPC seat is a good improvement over the stock seat. I definitely give it a big thumbs up. :thumbsup:

My XPC seat has a firmer density versus the stock seat. It really helps to support and distribute my weight. On the stock seat, the edges were too soft and gives you a crowning effect. You end up sitting on a 2x4 (middle of your butt). With the XPC, the firmer foam prevents the crowning effect.

On my 100 mile ride today, I purposely rode with only my riding pants and no extra bike shorts underneath. I wanted to see if the seat foam did its job. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the seat performed. For even longer rides, I may still add some bike shorts but the seat alone made me happy today.

Of course, my butt still got tired occassionally... just like my shoulders, etc.. so you just stop and stretch and everything is good again. Previously, the stock seat would cause too much pain after 20-30 miles. Stopping would not help, because once you got back on the seat, then pain would just return again. This is not the case with the XPC seat.

Overall, I would highly recommend the XPCRacing seat. It looks great and does a good job at improving riding comfort. I would not hesistate to do it again. :cheers:
  10. mxracernumber1 Husqvarna
    A Class

:devil:You must be getting old because when I saw that picture, I was actaully thinking that those guys missed an oppurtunity for this thing to turn out with a much happier ending...:devil:
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have the Renazco seat and it uses the stock quick release fastener and works fine. I guess it is a three day processes to build this seat as he has to glue and clamp that area to make it stay.

[IMG]
  12. highdez1981430cr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Do Cafe Husky members get a 15% discount?
  13. High-Side Husqvarna
    AA Class

No, but they get to pick the color. :D
  14. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    The banner I'm staring at says 10%, I'd give them a call to confirm. If you click on their banner their site comes up.
  15. High-Side Husqvarna
    AA Class

Cool!
  16. Jodiesel Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    I had my seat redone by XPC a couple of months ago and have finally had a chance to go on a decent ride. With the stock seat, my butt was starting to hurt after an hour. On a multi-hour ride this morning, it wasn't until I was taking my boots off did it occur to me that my butt didn't hurt at all. Great job XPC

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]