1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR300 Thermostat bypass hoses

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by OUMX117, May 12, 2017.

1. OUMX117 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    250SX
    My bike is maintained to a "T" and only has 50 hours of Colorado singletrack on it (read: low rpm). I don't ride the bike where I live, only on my riding trips. The thermostat locked closed and caused my bike to overheat and took out the water pump seals and MELTED the plastic piece in the powervalve linkage assembly. Cost almost $300 by the time I fixed everything. I have since removed the thermostat, but would like to know if there is a hose that doesn't have the provisions for the thermostat that would be a direct swap for my bike (2014 WR300) since I'd like to remove the automotive heater hose fittings I installed in place of the thermostat.
  2. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just get a earlier year hoses that didn't have the thermostat.
  3. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    2010 or earlier. I'm running the Chinese red silicone hoses-been great so far & don't leak like oem ones do!
    OUMX117 likes this.
  4. OUMX117 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    250SX
    Thanks! I just found the red silicone ones you were referencing. I'm going to give them a shot!! Thanks for the help everyone.
  5. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    GPI brand? About $50-$60US? Only thing was had to trim one hose as was slightly too long but no biggy. They actually seem very good quality!
  6. OUMX117 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    250SX
    Yep! Those are the ones I ordered. They're scheduled to arrive at my house on Tuesday. I'll update the thread with my opinion of quality. Anything has to be better than the Auto parts store bypass rigging that I have going on now. The thermostat failed on me while I was in Moab, UT so I had to get it fixed :doh:
  7. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Macgyver set up-nice!