1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR300 ride report

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by PC., Mar 22, 2009.

1. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Hey look at you go,....you're just 3 posts away from making Senior Member,...and that's just since March!
  2. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I'm running a 32.5 pilot that I got from Sudco. I'm still running the needle one clip lean. I switched the main from 460 to 450 because the temps here in the Southeast USA are consistently in the 70 - 85 degree range... soon to be 90+.
  3. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Okay thanks for the info. I don't know whether to put in my 30 pilot
    and leave the needle alone, or try and get a 32.5 pilot and lean the needle one clip. I once developed a "lean ping" in the mid-range on my
    '03 KTM 300 messing around with different needles and positions, and that sorta made me "needle shy" when jetting my bikes from then on.

I'm not the type who really likes to tinker with jetting. I have a basic knowledge of it,...born purely out of necessity,...but I don't love fooling with it like some guys do. When I got my '06 KTM 300 I just sorta sat back and waited until the jetting gurus on KTMtalk had it perfected for various altitudes, then I installed what they recommended for my eastern type conditions, and it's worked great ever since.
    I liked that,...I'm more of a follower and not a pioneer on jetting.

I hear ya on that Southeastern weather too,...The wife and I are fixin' to pull out with the camper Monday morning and head out for our annual trip down to Darlington for the Southern 500. We love it down there. I'd buy my campsite from ol' Leon Young down there on Indian Branch Road if he'd sell it to me. We like the Coke 600 in your town too, great race, super track...but man are they ever packed in there that weekend,...a little too much "togetherness". :D
  4. endurotuff Husqvarna
    B Class

Hey everybody! New here! Nice forum BTW, I stumbled upon it on my relentless quest for a 300cc. Somewhere else I've posted my opinion that 300cc's will save the two stroke engine. They are becoming so popular! I Wish the WR300 had ignition mapping switches, can they? Please excuse me if I've hijacked the thread.
    Cheers
  5. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Fast By Ferracci used to sell a dual map box for the CR 125's with the digital ignition. WR 250/300 has the analog still I think. Back in the 90's I think there was a way of hooking or un-hooking the regulator that would change the ignition. Too long ago but I had a toggle switch hooked up to a 360.