1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Wr300 Exhaust Options

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by -Norwegian-, Mar 8, 2020.

1. -Norwegian- Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 Te450, 2012 Wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2019 Yamaha Mt-09
    Hello!
    I have a 2012 Wr300 and I am looking for other silencer/muffler options.
    As of today I run a FMF Gnarly and Leovince silencer combo. I would like to keep the Gnarly, as I like the low-end power it offers paired with my Lectron carb, but I'm not the biggest fan of the Leovince. I mean, it's okay, but it doesn't quite have the looks or sound that I want out of my bike.

As I understand, most of the exhausts for Wr250-300's and Cr250's should fit interchangeably, but I'm not sure which one to get. I personally like the look of the FMF Powercore/Turbinecore, not the Q-Stealth as much, but no one seem to have any FMF exhausts stocked other than the Q, so I guess they're no longer being produced? The Procircuit 304 also looks nice in my opinion, but as I understand it's not compatible with the Gnarly without modifications.

In summary, the looks I'm going for is a shorter, more two-stroke-looking muffler if that makes sense, hahah, and the sound I would like is a more snappy, ringdingy sound, compared to the more "round" sound from the Leovince.
    Anyone here have any reccomendations? Pictures are very welcome! Wr300 Censored.JPG
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    This what the Q looks like on my 300.
    [IMG]
    -Norwegian- and Chisler like this.
  3. Chisler Husqvarna
    AA Class

British Columbia, Chilliwack River Valley
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300 Husqvarna
    2FD2C2F0-0CE6-4CF7-B9B0-18F849FA47B0.jpeg
    I have the FMF Gnarly .... and the Pro Circuit 296 .... you actually don’t even see it under the side cover .

Oops sorry about the sideways pic
    -Norwegian- likes this.
  4. Chisler Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300 Husqvarna
    F696DD56-F5A1-4939-972E-22DF0A43031D.png Cover removed ... pipe was left alone ... 296 bolted right up ... slightly cut back on the smaller dia infeed pipe ... silicone hose to join up the two.. and side cover on the inside has the insulation mat ... it works good and legal around here being forestry approved ... and really not that loud.... just need to maybe find a different colour connection hose ... and better looking hose clamps ... : )
    NCSteve, -Norwegian- and Dirtdame like this.
  5. -Norwegian- Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 Te450, 2012 Wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2019 Yamaha Mt-09
    I run Wr125 side number-plates, as seen in my original post, so the exhaust is more visible than with the stock number-plates, really cleans up the rear of the bike in my opinion. Never really thought about the simple solution of using silicone hosing, my mind went straight to custom welding, hahah. Might have to take this into consideration. but most of all I would love to get a FMF Powercore or Turbinecore I think but no one seem to want to sell me one out of all the online vendors I've found..
    Chisler likes this.
  6. Chisler Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300 Husqvarna
    If you haven’t ... try www.gnarlyparts.ca maybe Dave or Chris can help you out .... : )
  7. Hurky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR480F 2008
    I can not help much on this topic as I never tried a different pipe on the WR300 2010, I left the stock pipe and silencer on it as I felt it is just working right. Some time ago I opened up the OEM catalytic pipe removing the catlytic element and welding it back up, worked just fine :D Lot's of power everywhere ...

Cheers.
  8. bulto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 cr 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm maico honda
    DEP are really good. Check them out.
  9. Crocus Paper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 300 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750
    Just got this. They used to be known as Fresco (Italian) now BIG one. It's still untested so can't give any feedback yet. I normally run an FMF Gnarly with FMF turbine core, that combo works for me, plenty of everything everywhere!

Big one 4.JPG
    Speedlabdan, Dirtdame and Chisler like this.
  10. -Norwegian- Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 Te450, 2012 Wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2019 Yamaha Mt-09

Looks great! Excited to hear how it performs!
    I also love my Gnarly and would love to get my hands on a Turbinecore or Powercore to test out. However, I'm pretty sure I've been in contact with almost every retailer that have either muffler listed for sale, but no one actually seem to have them in stock.. So if anyone have one for sale, or know anyone or any business that does, hit me up, hahah.
  11. ct cr430 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 cr 430
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 honda crf450
    Same company different name ?
  12. Crocus Paper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 300 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750
    That is how I understand it, yes. Fresco were big in the 70's and 80's, then nothing for 20 years, then they came back as BIG one......
  13. ct cr430 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 cr 430
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 honda crf450
    While working on a friends Maico I ran across on . Never seen or heard of Fresco before that . I’ll have to do some more research I guess . Thank you , Charlie .