1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Wr250 6 speed

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by QUATTRO, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Hurky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR480F 2008
    If I could find a good priced gearbox / lower engine or complete engine of a wr360 I would consider the swap but I have marked it as impossible there very few parts of wr360's here in Spain...

I've geared my WR300 13/45 and it is good for top speed but I need tu use the clutch a lot on the slow technical trials, The 6 speed do have both slow speed and high speed :)
  2. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    360 boxes are getting harder to find as everyone wants to six speed their poxy 250's lol
  3. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    For $399us a Rekluse EXP basically cures the problem. I run 14:49 on my 300 and can dig a trench in 1st and don't need a 6th gear :cheers:
  4. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The guys in countries other than the US are riding them on the road because they are street legal in most other places so 6th gear is a big deal.
  5. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    True, have to remember that. Still a Rekluse allows running taller gearing while still pulling low gears in slow going.
  6. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    It's just tough to find a happy medium between being good for technical and not revving the sheeite out of it on the street. My 449 has a motocross like close ratio box. It's possible but mucho expensivo to drop a G450 gear set in to make it wide ratio. Feeling your pain.
  7. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

This is a great option for off road.
  8. QUATTRO Husqvarna
    AA Class

I ride the bike now for a few weeks with the 6 speed gearbox what a great improvement.
    I have 15teeth front and 47 rear for offroad use could go to 46 for the rear.
    In the loose sand i can use the 6 gear as a real gear it runs and runs and runs.
    And the mods realy improved the bike power stock it was a little mellow.

FMF EXHAUST WITH HGS MUFLER
    JD JETTING 440main
    HTM RACING HEAD
    HTM INLETSPACER (used only one)
  9. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    i sold my KTM 380 only because there was no 6 speed option i could find
    6 speeds make a big difference in not compromising final gearing selection
  10. Diego Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 450 2004
    Hi quattro!

Where did you find the selector/ shift shaft to complete the conversion?

Thanks!
  11. QUATTRO Husqvarna
    AA Class

You can order it new or get a used one from kapers motoren Netherlands maybe he have some more parts
  12. Fat Tire Flyer Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have two complete WR360 bottom ends that I was planning on using to convert my two WR250 from 5 speed to 6 speed.. Never got them installed and have now sold both bikes.. So it's time to sell them to guys who want to do the swap.. Both were bought off eBay and were complete bottom ends so they were very heavy and expensive to ship.. Instead of shipping the bottom ends complete.. I was thinking about bringing both bottom ends to Rob Lang (dealer in Ontario Canada) and have him split the cases so I can then ship only the parts needed to do the swap (much cheaper to ship).. Opinions.. Should I just leave them complete.. Anyone interested..
    juicypips likes this.
  13. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    tough choice.
    you will pay a decent amount to have them split if you cant do it yourself..but i really wouldnt buy a transmission if i couldnt look at it. complete engines to me are hard to price.
  14. Fat Tire Flyer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks "justintendo" for the reply.. Yes tough choice.. That's why I asked who was interested in a 6 speed and their opinion if they preferred "gears only" or "complete bottom end".. I called my local mechanic (Rob Lang in Ontario Canada) and he said takes about 20 minutes to separate the cases (didn't ask what shop rate for 20 - 30 minutes).. Once separated I could probably ship the 6 speed gears only in a USPS Medium Flat Rate Box for $13.45 within the USA.. But a complete bottom end would cost ?? maybe $100.00 to ship (weighs ?? maybe 80 lbs.. didn't weigh it) and I would probably have to build a wood box for it out of plywood.. Thanks again and cheers
  15. bulto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 cr 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm maico honda
    NC Steve, do you know if a recluse will work on 02 cr250. Might be good option for me as I still dont like husky clutches. Ktm has me spoiled.
  16. Fat Tire Flyer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey "bulto".. I am confident to say yes it will.. Buddy of mine (chef on this site) had the exact same bike a 2002 Husqvarna CR250 and he installed a Rekluse Z-Start Pro (the one with the balls).. This was the ?? $629.00 USD Rekluse.. NCSteve has the less expensive ?? $399.00 USD Rekluse EXP..

He also installed the Rekluse Left Hand Rear Brake (Magura version see pic) and the little Rekluse 2 Finger Clutch Lever (see pic).. Funny thing is I bought all the exact same parts but never installed them (Z-Start Pro was bought used with only couple hours.. all left hand rear brake parts are brand new).. I will be listing them in "Classified For Sale" soon.. Cheers

[IMG]
  17. Fat Tire Flyer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Had a few guys asking about my two x "complete WR360 six speed bottom ends".. I really know nothing about them.. Don't even know if they are from a WR360 and if they are the proper year that have the correct parts needed.. So going to post some pics here and hopefully someone can help confirm if they appear correct or not.. Thanks guys..
  18. Fat Tire Flyer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Complete WR360 Six Speed Bottom End "Number One".. SORRY NO LONGER AVAILABLE.. SOLD

Attached Files:

19. Fat Tire Flyer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Complete WR360 Six Speed Bottom End "Number Two"..

Attached Files:

20. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    those are 360, with that stroke.