1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Wr125 vs wre125?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Luke, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Luke Husqvarna
    C Class

Hello, I am hoping you guys can straighten me out on the questions I have!

I desperately want a good 2 stroke 125cc Street legal bike that performs the same as a 125 motocross bike! I do not wish to sacrifice offroad ability for street comfort or top speed. My options for new models seem to be gasgas and Husqvarna so I came with some questions :)

What is the difference in the WR125 and WRE125? Do these bikes both come with a title so that they can be plated and insured just like any other motorcycle? The Husqvarna website leaves much to be desired and doesn't seem to list bike specifications :confused:

So I believe WR stands for Wide Ratio and CR stands for Close Ratio, so the only difference between the WR125 and CR125 is sprocket sizes? What I am hoping is that I could buy a WR125 and after changing sprockets to what they have on the CR125 that it would have similar acceleration and powerband, all in a road legal package.

I am not really sure of the differences in Enduro and Dual Purpose and what I want is a "Street Legal MX"

Cool place, hope you guys can help me out!
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Hi Luke! Welcome to cafe husky! :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Only the TE & SM 4 stroke bikes come from the factory with a license plate in the USA, although they may list some models on their website that are sold in other countries that are street legal.

It is still possible to be creative about these types of things, in some states, the less talk the better because forums such as this are actively monitored... not a huge deal, but the less detail the better.
  3. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Generally motorcycles come with a certificate of origion which you take to motor vehicles or the dealer does it for you electronically or some other way and then you get a title.

I have seen that dual purpose 125 on line. That one has a much wider transmissions. I would expect it might have oil injection and different porting. The manuals I have read for husqvarna two strokes like the ones currently available in the states stress they are for off road use with varying speeds and not for constant speed and constant load. Hopefully I summarized the text well.

There was a 100cc threshold where a two stroke could be dot legal. Only Kawasaki with the ke 100 chose to market into that niche. Not sure if that niche still exists but Kawasaki stopped selling the ke100 maybe four or five years ago unless time is flying by.
  4. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I think the wide ratio is also the gear box ratios
    WRE Ive seen in europe as a more resticted model
    Cr has different ignition timing
    Riding a motocross bike on the road is not the best idea but the Wr is geared quite well
  5. Dailydrifter99 Husqvarna
    C Class

Here in Norway they sell both the WRE/SMS and the WR on plates.
    The WRE/SMS is restricted to 15bhp and has about 28 when you take out the restrictions.
    The WR is restricted to about 6-7bhp(!) to meet co2 and noise requirements and puts down about 38 to the wheel derestricted.

The difference between the WRE and WR is gearbox, sprocket sizes, frame, suspension, cylinder ports and carb.

The WRE/SMS uses a 28mm Dellorto with TPS, the WR uses a 38mm.
    Suspension is cheaper and softer on the WRE/SMS.

Hope this was of help,

/Leo

edit: i just learned from this forum that there are even more differences between the WRE and WR, the WR has a lighter flywheel and a different CDI too.
  6. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Are those bikes pre mix gasoline or oil injection?
  7. Dailydrifter99 Husqvarna
    C Class

sm/wre has oilpump, wr has to be mixed.
    I wouldnt recommend using the oilpump anyway since the wiring isnt the most reliable and alot of people has had mishaps with faulty pumps og wires. You have to put extra oil in the fuel when you tune the sm/wre anyway and the pump steals a bit power.
  8. mitchwre07 Husqvarna
    C Class

hi new here jus had a 2007 wre 125 it is estricted and will only do 60 flat out were can i find a saller rear sprocket and will this cause any problems to power delivery. also how much will getting the bike derestricted affect the life of the engine and parts ??
    cheers mitch