1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

wr 430 piston crossover

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by jo360, Dec 6, 2014.

1. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    this is the best way to do it, i always have the shop bore then tell me which piston i need, then when i bring it to them they hone to fit.
  2. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    What I do is I use the coarse honing stones to tough bore it first. Then once the scored marks are gone I measure for the new piston. Then I use the fine grit stones to the exact measurement with the clearance. Then the openings in the sleeve need to be chamfered/deburred. The sharp corners need to be chamfered.

I have the gear driven adjustable honing stone driver for large and small cylinders. I have rough, medium and fine grit stones. I been boring all types of engines for 40 years.
    I prefer to do my own work. Plus I buy all new quality tools too.
  3. Nikel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna CR500 1987 Supermotard.
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki Zx6R 1997
    I have a Wössner piston in my 500 and I have seized it four times this summer due to a malfunctioning carb.
    It is still under 0.3mm in clearance so i guess you can say that the Quality is quite good.
    justintendo likes this.
  4. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    we have seen how your bike gets run, it is not babied. your opinion is a valid one
  5. Kartwheel68 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 125XC, 250XC, 430XC, 430WR, 250CR
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 175WR , 76 250WR, 74 250 Mag
    I have Wossner pistons in bikes ranging from an '84 KTM125 to 250 Huskys, to 450 Maicos to Honda CR500. All have performed flawlessly and I have had no seizures. My Maico 450 has 5 years of HARD riding/racing on its Wossner piston, I took it down recently to put rings in it and the piston was still the same clearance as when I put it in. I see absolutely no reason to search out expensive Mahle pistons or try to find a piston out of some other bike to cross over if a Wossner is available.
    justintendo and SK Marls like this.
  6. Nikel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna CR500 1987 Supermotard.
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki Zx6R 1997
    Well thank you =)

Its the rest of the bike that's falling apart instead.
  7. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    just had notice from the seller zero stock after waiting a week.this is the second seller to advertise but have no stock.living in australia you can add another 10 days shipping etc this is part of the reason for looking at alternatives, nothing wrong with wossner always used them in the past and the ones i ordered were wossner but if i can get a refund i will try mahle and confirm stock verbally before ordering.
  8. Paul P Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR400 OR390
    Other Motorcycles:
    Maico Montesa Rickman OSSA Triumph
    jo360, a lot of the eBay sellers are fronts for distributors to sell online instead of to dealers. Most operate out of their living room, with no inventory, except what they can stuff in their garage between their cars. The Bird guy on there is one of them. They send the order to the distributor without knowing if there is one in stock. Meanwhile, you're left waiting after you have given the guy your money.
    Our shop is a real world small race shop, a store you can walk into, and we are dealers for Wossner pistons.
    justintendo likes this.
  9. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Woosnerusa does not seem to play that game as I bought my piston directly from them with the understanding if I didn't like it I could return it. Most likely the ebay sellers referenced above are just folks who have gotten a dealer price and do drop shipping. If woosnerusa.com won't ship overseas perhaps they can put you in contact with woosneraus.com or some such thing. I also seem to read somewhere the product is branded something else somewhere else. Definate adavantage with a business that processes cards. They are not supposed to process the card until they ship. Halls plays by these rules. I had them weigh the wiseco piston at the time I ended up getting the woosner.
  10. Jn316 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982 430 xc
    Hello all
    1st time poster here, I have an 82 Husqvarna XC 430 had a seize crank due to bad storage for over 20yrs.
    Been looking for tech data, top of the piston has a number stamped on it 86.43mm.
    My question: Is that piston a standard or 1st over?
    Thanks in advance
    Sal
  11. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC

stock bore is 86mm so piston is 85.92
    yours should be 86.42, so it might be aftermarket
  12. motomwo Husqvarna
    AA Class