1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR 300 Clutch pull to stiff

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Huskybloke, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Huskybloke Husqvarna
    AA Class

So I took the bike and luv it but I have one complaint and one only , the clutch pull is to stiff

so what clutch perch or other ideas are out there , Thanks in advance
  2. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Magura hymec 2(167). Exy but worth it.

Failing that Ballards pivot assist n different cable(MP or venhill) n kp cable lubed n routed with least amount of bend. MSR does a ezy pull lever too I believe n Honda perches from mid 00s r supposedly ezy pull too. They patented the linkage/ratio bak in the day or sum shit I think. Jus get the Magura
    ohmygewd likes this.
  3. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Adjust the clutch pushrod in the center of the basket so that the clutch arm on top of the case travels across a midpoint at 90 degrees. It will a big difference especially if it's off by much.
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Motion Pro Terminator cable helps to make complete disengagement. I tried the MSR lever and hated it. Didn't matter which of the three holes I put the the cable end into. None of them made it any easier than stock...in fact , I thought is was much worse.
  5. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150

[IMG]
    wayneoXCF and Huskybloke like this.
  6. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    ^^^ this, plus I extended the actuator arm about 5-7mm.
  7. Hurky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR480F 2008
    Let's see if I get it right, you mean 90 degrees taking the cable guide as a reference , just in the middle of his travel ? I've actually never looked how mine is set up.... Will like to check for sure...

BTW. I have also extended the actuator arm and that made a huge difference, but it will also reduce the overall travel, I mean that I had to pre-tension the cable more to be able to actually disengage the clutch completely. Maybe I extended it too far..... I didn't remember the actual distance but maybe 10mm or so...

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Regards.
  8. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Yes, 90 degrees using cable and arm. I would think 10 mm would be too much. You need to have some free travel in the lever or you'll probably cook your clutch so what ever distance gets you complete disengagement and full engagement is ideal. I'd start with 5 mm.
  9. Huskybloke Husqvarna
    AA Class

I started with a new cable it comes tomorrow and I will go from there , my last 3 bikes have been cable and no where near as hard as this one so I amsure I can sort this out other than this small problem the bike is fantastic
  10. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    I also went through this. I got the Terminator and it made a little difference. Then I got a Righteous Stunt lever and perch and it helped a little more, but was still stiff. I bought a used clutch actuator from Ebay and cut it and added and welded an extra 6mm to the arm, if I recall, and that made the biggest difference.
    wayneoXCF and Huskybloke like this.