1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc wr 250 question

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by pollaski16, Sep 21, 2009.

1. pollaski16 Husqvarna
    B Class

I have a 2000 wr 250, first husky, fist woods bike, Awesome! love it. It didn`t come with an owners manual. I downloaded the 2002 version thanks to the people on the cafehusky forum, and I was just curious as to how close the jetting of the 2000 is to the '02. Also, I know it's a great woods bike, but I can`t leave things alone. I was wondering if there are some little things with the setup, or mods that work especially well on this bike, just some tricks of the wr trade since I`m not a long time husky owner. Thanks in advance for any help, as it is greatly appreciated. P.S.- Sorry about all the run-on sentences.:thumbsup:
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The forks can be much better with a re-valve. The WR 250 may be the ideal match for a rekluse pro auto clutch.

Walt
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    yep and yep. check your reeds and put a piston in it every 1000 miles and it will last forever. Some people like the Keihn carb over the Mikuni. Better mileage, metering and low end power. This motor is sensitive to pipes. mild to wild with a pipe / muffler change. Silly 2 strokes :D

Welcome. :thumbsup:
  4. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I'd say the '00 to '02 jetting should be pretty close, unless the carb itself is different. Get a Keihin and life will be even better.

And like wallybean said, the rekluse pro is perfect for this bike. I've had the pro on two other bikes and didn't really feel it was much benefit, but I really like it on this WR.

Dial in the suspension. Nothing better than god suspension set-up on any bike.

Neat thing is, you can swap parts and actually turn your '00 into a 2010 clone, relatively easy. Kelly could probable do the same with his '93.

They are a really nice bike, I just wish I'd got one about ten years ago. I've had really good race results with it since the first race and I'm really just starting to figure out how to use it effectively.
  5. pollaski16 Husqvarna
    B Class

one more thing

I also have another question wich may sound a little stupid. My `02 owners manual says no more than 50:1, which seems a little vague to a layperson like myself. The guy I got my bike from ran a 50:1 fuel mixture, and on a thread I was reading the guy ran a 40:1 ratio. And also if I`ve been running 50:1, and 40:1 is better, is it ok to switch, or wait till the next rebuild, and I just rebuilt it like <10 hrs ago. Sorry I ask so many questions, but I haven`t been in contact with any people knowledgable on husky`s so I`m kind of like a kid in a candy store.:notworthy:
  6. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    IMO, it depends on what oil you are running. If the oil is formulated to run at 50:1, then run it at that. If it's a multi-ratio then run it at whatever you fill comfortable with, or what the mfg. recommends.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    What he said.

And no issue changing brand and ratios. Stay with only good motorcycle specific oil, not shelf stuff at Schucks (Unless they sell Amsoil) and try different brands ratios to see what your bike likes. It is amazing how different a bike can run on different oils. I personally have been running amsoil in everything and like it. Spectro SX is probably my second favorite. I run between 40-50 to one all the time.
  8. pollaski16 Husqvarna
    B Class

thanks! you guys are so much help. :thumbsup: I run motul 800 2t at 50:1, so I guess I`ll be fine. Husky`s are just so nice, I feel I have to keep it in top condition just out of respect for the bike, so I`m glad to have assistance in doing so, it is much appreciated. I still like the ideas on how to improve it too. I put a torque spacer on it, and I was wondering what the best thickness is, so in case it is too thick I can have it machined down. I can tell a little difference, but I`ve heard that too thick can hurt your throttle response, which I`ve also noticed a little. I think it needs new reeds too, so that will be next. Thanks again.