1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Wr 250/300 Linkage Bearing

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by LuukC, Jan 15, 2023.

1. LuukC Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I drive a Husqvarna WR250 2009 and w
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki gs450
    Hello, never posted here before but did gain a lot of info in the past. (I could not really find a similar subject here so i assumed i could create a thread).
    Right now i am planning to do some maintenance to the bike because the off-road season is done in my country.
    I was taking the rear linkage and suspension apart because the swing arm had a lot of play when i lifted the rear wheel it had like 5cm. But when i had it apart the bearings were in good shape and individualy had almost no play or visible wear.
    Can someone tell if this is just free play in the shock or
    something else?
    Then one other thing, the bearing on te lower side of the shock in the linkage is a ball that can rotate in stead of a needle cage type bearing.
    This is the only one i had apart today and cleaned because dirt has come inside but was not yet rusted.
    When i looked on the web today i could not find it on any parts diagram. What u could find was a "bushing" as it said.
    When i look to the all balls revision set there is the type of bearing in the set i have right now but when i look to the prox revision set there is nu extra bearing included from what i can see. (Could be just a different picture).
    It is a wr 250 from 2009.

so if anyone has some advice about servicing the linkage and swing arm of a wr 250/300 please let me know.
  2. Veikko Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300 -12 and WR 250 -01
    Hi,

I just ordered Prox linkage and swing bearing sets too. When all is good there is no play, while ago its was no play and now its some play in my WR250.
  3. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna uses both the bearing types on the lower shock depending on the year and model. The parts pdf shows a roller bearing and bushing for your year and model. Part # 8000A4430 & 8000A4431.
  4. LuukC Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki gs450
    Thanks for the response, so there is probably the "wrong" type of bearing in my bike right now, now i know what is supposed to be in there i can order the parts if i need them so thank you now i need to find out where exactly that play is coming from....
  5. LuukC Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki gs450
    Just for a small update here, 5 minutes ago i ordered a complete set for the pro link and swingarm for €135 euro at the local dealer. Not bad, if i see the price on the internet it costs me almost €150 and i can pick them up tomorrow. I wonder what type of bearing is in there for the shock...
  6. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If the kit is for your bike it should be a proper bearings..
  7. LuukC Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki gs450
    There was no roller bearing but the swivel type, now i only need to loosen the nut from the swingarm itself but my 22mm socket is not fitting
  8. LuukC Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki gs450
    Another question about tje swingarm, i have got 2 realy small cracks on both sides where the linkage connects to the swingarm and because of that i am looking for a replacement. Is there someone who knows is the 2005 and older type does fit? The linkage and rocker arm are the exact part number but the swingarm is not i am curious dis someone try and fitted it? Please let me know.