1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Wow this coulda been bad!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by shawbagga, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Hurky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR480F 2008
    Just as a side reference here, when I bought my WR300 some years ago, I think I have that bike now for 4 or even 5 years. During initial inspection I think I found that this shunt 10W 27 Ohm resistor was not even connected to earth, so I simply removed it out of the way. I did not experience any electric problems since whatsoever. But I want to clarify that I am also not using the OEM speedo but a TrailTech. I understand that the shunt resistor can be a benefit for the stator/regulator to work more efficient or to get a more constant output, but in my case it just works without it with no noticeable problems. Maybe the resistor is only needed with no lights on, such case did never happen in my case as I have a simplified light switch, front & rear position lights are always on and driving some current.

Cheers.
    shawbagga likes this.
  2. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Righteo as an edit I believe I wrote half turn increments previously when it should have been 1/4. So after going 1/4 turn leaner the other week it was still spooging heavily & fouled a plug. Had an enduro yday so went 1/4 leaner again & it was putrid! Mega lean bog when trying to take off, gutless down low & just generally crap on the rod. Top end(PJ) remains unchanged & it ran awesome up top. Luckily it was a fast flowing sand track(although dry so boggy) so just kept it on PJ hard all day & off rod as much as possible. Forgot to take the bloody imperial Allen key for slide otherwise would have adjusted at the track!

Gonna go back half turn richer to where it was & try a fresh plug & probably another piston with thinner gasket to get squish down to 1-1.1mm. Hopefully cleans up spooge
  3. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM125, SWM RS500R & Superdual
    Ahhh 2strokes.....so rewarding when tuned right, so frustrating when not. Lol
    ohmygewd likes this.