1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Wiring Issues 1986 400

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Eric deVillier, Feb 17, 2019.

1. DeathFromAbove My Cat Says AREAR!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    70,71 360 8s 72,74 450 73 360 73 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    66 Triumph Trophy 99 ZRX1100
    Pictures? Rod bearings are still tight?
  2. Eric deVillier Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1986 400wr
    I'll upload the pictures once my buddy at the shop sends them to me. I've been real busy trying to get the funds together for a true rebuild on the bike as soon as I can. I have an overha gasket kit coming in for it tomorrow so hopefully I'll be back on the trails by the day after. He did say the bearings will need to be replaced within the next 100 hours or so but for now they pose no threat to the bike.

Since I'm going to splurge and do a complete rebuild I've been wondering what the best carb would be. It has a mikuni on it right now and from what I've researched that seems to be the most commonly used brand. I've heard rumor that Lectrons are pretty great too. I'm not exactly going to be racing people in the quarries here but I don't want the bike to be a slouch either. Should I stick with Mikuni?
  3. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    theres nothing wrong with the vm mikuni, it can be tuned very finely, is reliable, performs well, and parts are easily sourced. there is nothing slouchlike about a stone stock 400, they are a factory built race bike.
    i do own a lectron and they are a good carb. i would just worry about getting the bike up to snuff first.
    ajcmbrown and markt2 like this.