1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Why restore a perfect looking husky.

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Bigbill, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I been thinking of building the engine, add new tires, tubes, chain n sprockets. Don’t paint or wash it. Leave it looking ratty. But make it fast as hell? Just for laughs?
    P-A Calmhede likes this.
  2. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    That sounds fine, get a whole running bike and ride it while working on another engine. See how faster your lap times are on some loop.

Unfortunately fast as hell generally means noisy. Remember less sound means more ground to ride on. If you can not get a plate of some sort on it you are pretty much limited to private property. It has been years since I snuck into sand pits where is really the only place I could hold it open for any amount of time.
  3. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    Even with a plate, off road is mostly limited here in CT.
  4. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Bill is not too far from the trails in western mass which can be used with a mass off highway use plate that costs something on the order of $50 a year and one has to prove they paid sales tax on the vehicle. You are right it is pretty limited here (even if you join a club and do work parties) here in ct. There is somew letter writing effort at this time. There is a loop in Plainfield for a street registered bike. Last I knew it had a whole thread on adv rider so it is probably pretty hammered by now. Then there is Thomaston Dam thanks to the Army corps of engineers. both of those can be rode for a fee once a year as well when they are used for sanctioned events.

Where do folks with vintage bikes ride? I spectated a NETRA vintage event this year, the over 25 year old class has grown over a couple of years ago and the two older classes have shrunk. Zero Husqvarna bikes one Husqvarna cousin (cagiva) and I met his mom at a mud hole.
  5. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I’m not sure what the state is going to charge for property tax since they have a Kelly blue book on vintage bike values. If vintage bike is worth $4k what’s the property tax going to be.
    The dam is minutes from me now. I get plates on my 250wr with the 4,3 gallon tank I can ride there and back.
    The dam is ok to ride at 8:am but by 10 am it’s crowded on weekends. Have to watch out for the little guys. We would switch to mass riding the pipeline and the state forest in Lee and Otis Mass. to ride mass we left the house at 8am, got breakfast, rode all day home at 9pm. the state of ct had like $600 for off road riding through a grant but the money was used for something else. When I had my plated 98 250wr husky I would sneak into the state forest ride then go home.
  6. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I wonder if the left kicker on the start turned the husky bike owners away.?