1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st why not to search CL at lunch...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Cool info.

BTW it weighs 238 no gas. Lighter than i thought it might be.
  2. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

You also got the Race Parts "rain" seat cover that was in the back of the owners manual. I ordered one of those back in the day. From what I remember it had a little too much grip in a 3 hour race if you know what I mean. The neon green looks to have pretty good color still, don't leave her out in the sun too long. Literally in a day the sun would fade the fenders. The tanks were well thought out back then, even that little gas cap had a nice fit to it. I had a '95 that was used by some Aussies at the Tulsa ISDE. I am so jealous by the way.
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Cool find! My 6th sense must have been working.... I was just reading the '94 WXE 250 test in December '93 issue of Trail Rider. It was still sitting on my night stand. Fred Hoess riding it on the cover. Good stuff! I'll send you a photocopy if you want it.
    Norman
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    That would be awesome. Found out this is in fact a 94.
  5. luvwoods Husqvarna
    AA Class

You stepped in it, that's for sure :applause:

Then there's the story of my $600 WR which became the $2500 WR........:banghead:
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    "From what I remember it had a little too much grip in a 3 hour race if you know what I mean"

can you say monkey butt
  7. Woodsknight Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thats a good grab.. One day I will own another husky 250 smoker that is setup properly. I had a 94 I think and man that was the worst bike I ever owned. At the time I didnt know much about having suspension revalved so it ruined it for me. If I had done the suspension, put on new wide pegs, and some honda front brakes, I think things would have gone differently.
  8. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    You know, you could post some more pictures to make us eat our hearts completly away. :thumbsup:
  9. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Congrats man, that's awesome! I think after 14 years this bike finally found the owner it was meant to be with. Enjoy.
  10. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Yeah, sorta sounds like maybe the older gentleman kinda concocted that story about it locking up as an excuse to just park it and walk away with his dignity. He probably looped it out on the pavement with that mid-range hit, then was scared of it.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    So i did a 125 mile 2 day ride this weekend. LOVE the bike. I believe it was seized now as it seized again the last mile of our ride!!! I blew by everyone at about 85 MPH on the pavement, let them go back by and then she locked up. Rolled to a stop. Still turns over and sounds fine but low compression. I bet i could go out and get it to run again. So it is going to get a new piston and gaskets / love.

As for the bike... I freaking loved it. Worked as good as Adams 07 IMHO. :eek: Motor is great, more flywheel but stronger down low. Suspension is great (Showa) and swallowed the roots and rock very well and kept the bike planted. Not the quickest turning bike but acceptable. Very stable at speed though the rough stuff. Seat is to low for me. i raised the bars and need to put a tall seat on it. Really like the bike. Motor rips, bike is planted and confidence inspiring, feels modern (except the real low seat) and just works great.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Petar likes this.
  12. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    Nice! That third photo with the neon looks awesome!:thumbsup: If you would post some photos of the innards when you pop her open. My 01 seized putting around the yard after a wash. Would like to compare.
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    K,
    she lean seized at hi speed/rpm and throttle closed? (pilot jet?) That is the worst place (regime) for even great running 2 strokes, the throttle chop zone. I think that is why Ajax believes in the kill sw technique for long down hills and closed throttle hi rpm negative torque moments.
    That bike is nevertheless fantastic, I think most here are blown away at what you got for your cash!! good on ya, keep the 94 WXE250 post going, its a good one,R
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Seemed a little lean and i did hear a slight pinging a few times. We did some big nasty hill climbs this area is known for and no issues or overheating. Ripped right up the hills and never got hot. i did richen the fuel screw in the morning. Dunno what it is. i do know it has a Keihn carb and came with a mikuni. Yes, wide open and then chopped the throttle, never had an issue in 30 plus years of riding doing that.

New piston and gaskets will be here tomorrow. Will tear down and inspect, rebuild and hope to be terrorizing trails on it next weekend. :thumbsup:

Love the bike. The super low seat bugged me at first, especially with the super high bars, it felt like it had ape hangers. I got used to it. Standing is perfect and EZ. Sitting I learned to like it and like the ability to touch the ground very EZ. Might still put a tall seat on it some day. The motor, even seized a time or two is excellent. Very controllable but FAST. Suspension is better than Adam's 07 WR250 with LTR revalve This area has lots of root wads and big up hill step-ups you have to slam into and momentum over. This beats the crap out of you. The 94 tackled this stuff as good as anything i have tried. Does real well with all types of trail trash. Got the brakes working well and everything pretty much dialed. Feels modern until you sit down in that low old school saddle. the pegs suck and it is not the sharpest turning bike on the planet but it is a keeper for sure. Looks like the bike will do about 80 miles on the stock tank!!! Sadly the 406 might have to go.