Why does my bike get caught in 3rd ?

Discussion in '610/630' started by Nick Mac., Nov 1, 2008.

1. Nick Mac. Husqvarna
    B Class

When riding, regardless of maner, on the down shifts i get caught in 3rd...Generally have to release pressure off the lever,lift a fraction then drop to second...This has a somewhat annoying habit of occurring pre entry to corners...:eek: is often an outcome. Strangly, the bike has had this habit from day one. I dont want to go into why i haven 't had warranty work...Is a pain in the backside..however some shared ideas' would be welcomed..Thanks in advance... Ps. anyone have issues with the thread locks in the Airbox (07 610) spinning?..I have an Alloy one being constructed to replace the orig. It sucks..in all the wrong ways.
  2. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

How many miles on the bike? Whenever my shifting got notchy, it was an indicator to change the oil, & the shifting was buttery smooth again
  3. Nick Mac. Husqvarna
    B Class

Approx..2000mls, Oil is done on a regular basis, as is "both basket filters" and oil filter. my bike arrived stock, with this issue. If you ride real gentle, no probs, oncce it gets going and oil is hot, It happens on 99% of changes, often is speed related too, eg, shifting down to quickly.. No "foriegn" noises, bike is otherwise 100% ok. Good reliable excitment machine...BIG HEAPS excitement when overgeared in corner, not decellerating as planned i tell you...
  4. Nick Mac. Husqvarna
    B Class

PS...Not " Notchy" .....Locked out. Requires upward lift to release what " feels" like pressure, so as to drop a shift to 2nd.
  5. meletis Husqvarna
    B Class

had the same issue with 3rd and 4th, resolved with different oil viscosity
  6. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You have some burrs in the shift mechanism, remove the cover and probably the clutch and polish the pieces in the shifting assembly. It should be cheap and easy to repair depending on your mechanical skills.
  7. Nick Mac. Husqvarna
    B Class

Ok..Thanks, after looking at workshop manual...its a shop job! Will it come good or do any harm if left alone?
  8. Flying Trash Can Sustaining Member

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1100R
    I had the same problem w/3rd gear downshift. It stopped when I started using Spectro Golden and only happens now when the oil gets dirty.
  9. dags Husqvarna
    B Class

my 08 450 false neutrals more than anything i`ve ever ridden :excuseme: