Which Hammerhead Shifter Tip?

Discussion in '610/630' started by Kenneth Webb, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    A question to those who have fitted a Hammerhead tip to your shift lever: which tip did you use! I ordered their 56 9434 and it does not look like I can make it work. The pin location is quite different, and the pin is larger. Shimming, etc. is no problem to get a tip to work, but this one is just too far off at first glance. Pivot Pegz on and a ride this comming weekend, but I doubt my foot will fit with my stock shifter. There is still time to do something about it, but not a lot!
  2. Russ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250i & 701 Enduro, 501 & 630 sold
    Hi Kenneth,

These are reposts from earlier threads. There are some photos of my Hammerhead tip here:
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/new-member-and-te630-owner.19163/#post-174751

I am in Sydney.

Regards,
    Russ

3. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    Thanks for the response. Since I'm heading for Death Valley in less than a week, I decided to modify what I had. The tip that I had was much larger thru the throat than the stock shift lever, but was just about the same throat dimension than the stock tip. So I cut the pivot portion of the stock tip off and lightly filed it to fit into the body of the Hammerhead tip. I drilled the stock piece to receive the Hammerhead pin, and I'm waiting for the JB weld which I used to assemble the pieces to set up. 'May have to slightly file the hole to get the pin to fit since the hold seems to be an odd size. At this point, I have no choice to to make it work! One of the problems with the tip I bought was that the gap between the pin and the shifter front edge was so big that the tip would rotate into the case. I just bought the wrong tip so avoid the 56 934 (Hammerhead number).
  4. dualie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 SM 610
    Part numbers for the longest tips [20mm] they offer are ST20W [1 & 1/4" wide knurled tip] and ST20R [1" wide rubber boot tip].
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
  5. TE 450 Pilot Husqvarna
    AA Class

6. stuartmcivor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMS630
    Maybe I am blind but I can't see the part number for the shiny red shifter knob on the packaging picture. Do you remember what it was, or what "other" bike type it was for? Maybe a CRF??? as that is the best match I find when browsing the Hamerhead site.

Thanks for your help
  7. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

From the posted pictures and Kens number I would say 56-9434. I have one fitted with the pivot pegs and I did what ever one else has done drill out the stock tip rivet. Drill hole for the hammer head pin, trim spring arms, use washers as spacers and everything worked out.
    Kenneth Webb likes this.
  8. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    I tried the 15mm forward version with the rubber boot and I didn't like it. I think it sticks out way too far because of the oversized square base, and the material left around the larger pin is delicate. Mine snapped off in the dirt.

SO... I got creative with a chunk of billet on the mill and made my own, stronger, shorter, and right where I needed it...

[IMG]

Can't really tell much. left to right, Hammerhead +15mm, mine, stock. It takes the same rubber boot, but makes it into more of an oval than the round Hammerhead.
  9. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nice job! You should mill some levers too! No one makes an aftermarket lever for the 610/630.
  10. stuartmcivor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMS630
    Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the 56-9434 number in the hammerhead search option. Came back with no matches found. The part numbers posted by "dualie" bring me to parts for Honda CRF's. Further reading shows that some fitting is required anyways so maybe these Honda parts are the ones to be fitted. Just wanted to be sure before I made an order.
  11. stuartmcivor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMS630
    Is that out too far to the side or too far forward?
  12. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Too far to the outside, and you can't tuck your toe in close without getting into the squared off portion of the tip.
  13. stuartmcivor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMS630
    Okay, Thank you. Will consider that when deciding which one.
  14. notoriouz Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMS 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Ninja 650r
    This question is for anyone who bought a new shift tip, what was the main reason you decided to replace the stock one? Did you bend it? Was it just time for a new add-on?
  15. Ross Shafer CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950sm, Honda XR100
    I put the plus 20mm on my 610 'cuz I couldn't fit my new mx boots in there with the stock tip. The squared off area at the pivot is indeed pretty uncomfy and necessitates rotating my foot outwards for comfortable shifting. I am getting used to it....that said, now that I'm more accustomed to the mx clodhoppers, I may try the stocker again.
  16. Grandia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '07 TE610
  17. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    But do they actually make one to fit the 630?
  18. Grandia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '07 TE610
    I'm not sure if the 630 shifter is different from the 610, but they make one for the 610. Their site is quite crappy, but if you send them a mail, they are quick to respond.
  19. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS

It is.
  20. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

I looked at that site and its in Italian. Do the speak English.