Where to ride near LANCASTER PA

Discussion in 'East - USA' started by andy75wr400, Mar 9, 2014.

1. andy75wr400 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1975 Husqvarna wr400
    Other Motorcycles:
    80 Honda CR250 83 Yamaha IT250
    Where can I ride near Lancaster Pa...????
  2. BaronVonDarrin Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te630
    Other Motorcycles:
    wr250r, CL175
    I am in Norristown and find myself asking the same a lot. I usually hit up as many dual sport events as I can find and afford to travel/participate in. You can find a lot of them here for each state: http://www.usdualsports.com/2012/11/pennsylvania-dirt-bike-rides.html

The parks around here are pretty much all kin dof expensive from what I could find. There is also the reading anthracite area. I have not been there yet but a lot of folks hit that place. It is unmarked though. Also no maps or recovery or anything. Its pretty much just coal mines area that the coal company lets you ride on for a yearly fee.

There is also this joint opening in march: www.anthraciteadventure.com I hope this place is going to be pretty cool. It would be awesome to have a place within 2 hours shot of where I live to go play in. It is even closer to you, lancaster to trail head is 1.5 hours.

There are also supposedly some fireroads and shit around but I have never found any over east here.

http://www.rauschcreekracing.com/cwo/Home
    this place seems cool but ill be damned if it ain't little pricey for me. Never been, cant afford it. They do not have day passes either. Which makes me even less likely to purchase if I can not scout out the place first.
  3. BaronVonDarrin Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te630
    Other Motorcycles:
    wr250r, CL175
    I am really excited about that anthracite adventure area. If you want to meet up there sometime after it is supposedly going to be open let me know. I could use someone faster than my even MORE newbish gf to ride with, safety in numbers and all.

hope this was all helpful
    andy75wr400 likes this.
  4. andy75wr400 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1975 Husqvarna wr400
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks I did hit treverton up at i think the anthericite co and it was cool nice wide open riding with some challenging stuff if you look for it or know someone who knows the area. I went up with a friend who'd been there a few times. Its fun coal riding fun hill climbs. Seems like anything decent is 2 hours in every direction.

I went to sleepy hollow mx in Fredricksberg yesterday which was only 50 min away, sat march 15. thought about practicing with the c riders but the c riders looks way fast, 16 years old, and fearless. I might hit some lower caliber races w/ahrma moderns before I do that
  5. BaronVonDarrin Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te630
    Other Motorcycles:
    wr250r, CL175
    "Seems like anything decent is 2 hours in every direction"
    haha. yup!

i do not have a bike suitable to take to an MX track and I am a bit intimidated or worried that I might just piss everyone off there being a newb and slow as piss on a big pig of a bike (doesnt feel all that big to me having spent most of my thus far rather short riding life on bikes well over 450 lbs... but whatever. try coming off a ktm 950 toa te630 and see if you dont breathe a sigh of relief)

so it is clear, there are going to be TWO areas with very similar names up in that area. One is strict coal mine property you by a pass to which i assume you visited. The other is an outdoors/offroad park that will open soonish. The later of which I am kind of looking forward to.

I should hit up that existing riding bit though. Maybe I will catch you there sometime. If you see an idiot on a big husky crashing all over the place and cursing, thats probably me
  6. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
    Hey Andy, I go to Shamokin to ride sometimes. I'm pretty sure thats where "anthraciteadventure" is going to be when it opens. It's still a bit of a drive though.
    andy75wr400 likes this.
  7. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    I ride st clair area often. I think thats a little over an hour from Lancaster? I know many many trails there. I can actually ride almost all offroad from st clair to shamokin. Done it a few times.
  8. andy75wr400 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1975 Husqvarna wr400
    Other Motorcycles:

I hope to see you up there no doubt, I crash all over too, just part of the fun.

I race AHRMA because it was a way to get on to some tracks without the pressure of modern racing, plus the beginner/novice class is truly that. Its great for someone just to check out tracks and have fun. You should show up to the Budds Creek Ahrma event April 12-13 with the 610 and ride modern. I will have my 06 450 honda that I just got and practice and race with it. there will be about 5 total guys racing from beginner to expert, you pick the class. Pretty sure you can Join AHRMA on the spot. Then you wont have to worry about pissing anyone off there cause we all have been there. Or just pick up any mx bike from the early 80s or the late 70s for about $1500 and run it just make sure it has drum brakes. I run the 75 husky 400 in the historic class and sportsman class, and an 83 it250 for the harescramble events. This last year was my first year and will never stop doing it. Hope to see you there. Andy
  9. andy75wr400 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1975 Husqvarna wr400
    Other Motorcycles:
    Wheres st clair pa?

That would be cool to meet up and rip some new terrain.

Apparently there is riding in coatesville pa towards pottstown pa? Ive never hit it but it runs alongn some railroad track?
  10. andy75wr400 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1975 Husqvarna wr400
    Other Motorcycles:
    y
    you ever hit coatesville behind the airport?
  11. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    St.Clair is the Reading Anthracite Riding area or whatever its called. Its just north of Pottsville. Not to be confused with Pottstown.
    There are many great singletrack trails back there and also just north of the Burma area is where valley forge trail riders is doing their Hare Scramble. A totally new course and different location from last year, as Coal Twp really bent them over apparently.
  12. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I have ridden in Coatesville, by the airport. It ain't much. Coatesville is 30. mins east of Lancaster on Rt. 30.
  13. Jeremy Williams Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 txc 310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kx 250f
    You can ride single track the whole way from minersville up to st.clair. Theses areas are just north of tower city, which is about 40 minutes above Harrisburg,pa.
  14. andy75wr400 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1975 Husqvarna wr400
    Other Motorcycles:
    How do you get there?
  15. andy75wr400 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1975 Husqvarna wr400
    Other Motorcycles:
    Do you have directions from harrisburg? I live in lancaster so i would be going 283 to 83 then to ??? Thanks
  16. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    81 north to 61 south. Turn left at 2nd light in St Clair (after Wal Mart). Go thru town and up hill to Burma. Check the Anthracite riding website for a permit
  17. WR Chris Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki KX250F
    If the "Anthracite adventure" place is off of RT125 that's the place we (valley forge trail riders) used to hold our hare scramble. We cut most of the trails into that place. Its fun, but keep your eyes out for locals and opposing traffic. People fly in all directions there. Even during our race I had to chase off locals who just have no regard for others. ALWAYS STOP AT A ROAD OR TRAIL CROSSING! Seriously. Its a different way of life up there. We even had a local threaten us more than once.
  18. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    We affectionately refer to locals as "coal crackers". I work with several guys from that area.:thumbsup:
  19. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    I am originally from "Da County". It's a Skook state of mind up there..
  20. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Dude U from skook?...lol,:lol: I don't know how to write an accent.