Where is the 650 forum? (TR650 in the house...)

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Motosportz, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    was not taking it that way.

Call it whatever you like just make it :D
  2. Toyboy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC250/2012 TXC310, 2013 TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW Hp2E/Yamaha Super T/BMW R1200RTP
    Soo many other places to talk about the 650GS. Not sure it would be a good idea. :naughty:

Marelli is Italian, been around a long time....:thumbsup:

Checking on the wheel compatibility. 99 thru 2012 use the same sprocket carrier and hub in the BMW world. Want to compare these wheels with the BMW ones so I can get a spare BMW , now TR650 wheel set....already making plans for off road set with excel rims etc. Hope to get my bike before the weekend :applause:
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    :)

You have been in the TR650 forum for a few days now :cheers:

Screen Shot 2012-10-10 at 8.56.01 AM.png
    Lonfish, ray_ray and Ruffus like this.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    :lol: didn't even notice that!!! Nice. I agree keep the BMW stuff out of it. I'm sure all those with the beemers and info will still post like they already have and that is perfect IMHO.
    Ol'NumNuts likes this.
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I am not trying to expand the scope of Cafe Husky at all... but if the TR650 is incredibly similar to the G650GS - then it would make sense to at least talk about those in passing.

How about this?
    Screen Shot 2012-10-10 at 10.36.48 AM.png
  6. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 CR/WR 250, '13 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)

Your the man, you make the call. :)

It only makes sense, but no influence of course!! haha
    Lonfish and Motosportz like this.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Fine with whatever Coffee. But looking at the TR650 I doubt there is much that crosses over. This bike is almost all new except the wheels and parts of the motor.
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I really don't think people will be flocking to Cafe Husky to talk about BMW G 650GS bikes.. if they do we can make changes.

I edited the spacing a bit for the description.. we can try that for the time being. Only a tiny % of people ever read the description anyway. Those descriptions are mostly used by myself because I can never remember where certain things should go. :lol:

Personally I am hoping for side by side comparison report... which to some extent, I may write. I called around and this place is quite close to Bills (BMP), and apparently they will have a BMW G650 GS I can at least take a detailed look at:
    http://www.salemhonda.com
  9. Toyboy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC250/2012 TXC310, 2013 TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW Hp2E/Yamaha Super T/BMW R1200RTP
    Certainly a lot to glean from the BMW guys who have had the power plant for some time. As a BMW enthusiast, I do appreciate the learning curve being shortened by anything they would bring to the table. Your forum, it's all good. Hopefully they will be up to sharing. A few can be obnoxious buit I suppose every brand has those...... Just happy for the bike. Can't wait....
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    those guys get kicked to the curb quick here. Thats what makes this site great (moderated well), no BS just good people helping each other out. :cheers:
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Motosportz, can you report on any of the reactions people have when they learn the bike you are riding is a Husqvarna? I'd be blown away if I had just stumbled across someone riding these model bikes ..

Most people here are not so hard-headed that can see more than one side of a issue and maybe just wanna swap ideas on the Husqvarna bikes ...For myself, this place has made owning and dealing with A husky very easy as everyone here helps so much with problems of the bikes ... The ride reports on the bikes here are really spot on ... That is for all the bikes and not just this new TR models ... Some here are really nit-pickers with yrs of bike riding and really know their stuff ...
  12. Paul G Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650
    Hi, I'm new here - my first post. Just like to say what a great thread this is and how useful all the comments are. I have a F650, early one and thinking about upgrading to a Terra. Love to here more about the Terra as owners get more miles on them. Thanks for your comments.:)
  13. SamM Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None yet
    I'd love to see one of these on the street. Don't think that is going to happen anytime soon where I live. Next week, I'm on vacation and I have a 146 mile trip planned to my not-so-local Husqvarna dealer to look at the new TR650 Terra. At this point, I'm in for a purchase in Dec or Jan and I don't see anything changing my mind on that.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    My typical rides are straight out into the back roads. I avoid people / traffic. So the exposure is not like i ride around town. But at the gas station it tends to get quite a lot of questions. One guy came over all aq buzz asking what it was and that he was looking into a DR650 or F650 and after i told him the price I think a bike he had never seen or knew existed shot to the top of the list. It is different and cool looking and people do take notice. Some dude and his friend were really having a big stoplight conversation about it. They looked very interested and puzzled.
    ray_ray likes this.
  15. Ogre_fl Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tiger 1050
    146 miles would be a dream.
    My "local" dealer is 6 hours away.
  16. nomad5326 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F650GS Dakar (3)
    Been thinking of the tank expansion possibility on the Terra as well as the Dakar/Sertao. With the tank under the seat/subframe you would think someone would make a tank that would replace the main and take up the space afforded by going to a single exhaust as most have/will. Seems BMW did this when they made the F800GS as the tank goes all the way to the rear of the fairing and runs a single exhaust. Touratech may make a side add-on as they have for the GS and KTM's so will see. 200mi isn't bad on the hwy and with close stations, but in Baja or cross country on trail it gets tight sometimes, esp w/my navigation skills ;-)
  17. nomad5326 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F650GS Dakar (3)
    Terry et all, are those true dual exhaust cans or is one a CAT (normally used on the Rotax)?
  18. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I would think 146 miles would be considered close living in "Inner Mongolia".
  19. SamM Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None yet
    I don't really live in Mongolia! LOL
  20. NumberCruncher Husqvarna
    AA Class

Saw one today at Tasky's. Impressive at first glance. My biggest hope for the bike while looking at photos would be a low seat height and a lower weight than reported. It sounds like 406 pounds is about right and I can live with that. How is the seat height? It looks nice and low? I didn't buy an XR-650L last summer as the seat is just too tall. My 2011 DR650 is perfect in this regard. If this bike were available last summer I would have bought it over the DR650. Now I have a choice to make. But since I am only seven days out of reconstructive shoulder surgery a new bike will have to wait until 2013.

Faster than the V-strom Suzuki? Hate to doubt first hand experience but I'd like to see a dyno run for each bike. V-twin should easily out-rev a 650 single and produce way more top end power. Certainly if this new Husky was a 650 twin instead of 58 hp it would be 68 or so.

NC

Also, when everyone says adventure bike, I assume technically less off-road worthy than a dual sport but by how much?

Edit: Found a dyno for the V-strom 650. 62.1 hp at the rear wheel. Flame me Ride but I don't buy that the Husky with 58 crank hp can out accelerate the V-strom unless the Suzuki is way taller in the gearing department.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/c...ersys_vs_2012_suzuki_v_strom_650/viewall.html