Where is the 650 forum? (TR650 in the house...)

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Motosportz, Oct 2, 2012.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Sweet!!! and quite a write up MotoSportz .. You have already blown all magazines out of the water ...All you need now is more seat time in the dirt to finish off the reporting :) ... maybe a short video of the twin exhaust sound would be something else to add on your review ...

------

This pic makes the Husky look so thin and that yellow bike look something Patton would have driven across EU ...

What about the fairings around the tank ... they look very wide here in this shot... That is probably just the camera angle?

112_4038.JPG
  2. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    How does it compare to the SM610? I know you had one of those and I did too. This provides me a good reference point. Also, would doing maintenance items like checking valve clearance be easier on this bike? It was kind of a pain on the SM610.
    JonXX likes this.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I did have a very nice 06 TE610 I converted to a SM. Loved that bike. Very fun and capable. The motor in this one is the star and I like it better. Super smooth and big long power. Comfort is better on the TR, just better layout, seat, far less vibrations. Suspension on the TR is nice for street and such but the TE610 would be better off road with real full travel and clickers. The TR is heavy which makes it a nice street bike but will be a handful in harder trails. For street use IMHO hands down the 650. Feels like an aprilia 550 V-twin. For dirt the TE610 / 630 is probably going to be better. I called Bills today and said "you might want to order some straddas as this is a GREAT street bike".

Again IMHO.

[IMG]
  4. SamM Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None yet
    Two things that I wanted to ask:

What about the radiator protection? Is there any and do you think they will be damaged in a drop?

Also, do you know if the Rekluse from the BMW engine will fit in the TR? Are you going to carry those? You're a vendor here correct?

Ok, maybe that's 3 or 4 questions!

Thanks!

SamM
  5. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TXC310, WR300, 85 125WR, 82 175XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    Dang it anyway, this was a decision I was hoping to put off for a while:banghead: I have an '07 G650 Xchallenge, and now I may have to throw it on CL and get this or do I sell the '09 WR300 and get a '12 WR300, the G650 is a great bike & it sounds like this one is even better. aaaargh............
  6. johngil Husqvarna
    A Class

Looks and sounds like a nice package for a great price. Will be checking them out when Tri-County gets them in.
    Looks like a great commuter bike with the ability to do a little weekend work as well.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Front of rad is exposed and you don't want to take gravel roost. Sides are semi protected from the multi part louvers. that seems good.

Rekluse? No idea this is my first experience with this motor.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Seems like a good bike and I tried to be honest. Check them out if street and gravel exploring is your gig. Would be a great commuter as well. We will see about dirt, i can't see it being great in the dirt because of the weight but functional for two track and light exploring. Should rail gravel roads in huge power slides. That motor is begging to go flat tracking.
  9. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    How is the headlight? On par with other street bikes you have ridden? My supermoto a were no good and I ride a lot at night. Have you checked maintenance intervals yet?
  10. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    The license plate dangler assembly on the Terra is just waiting for the back tire to throw a rock up and take it out. My license plate removed it self from my 630 on the last ride. I bet you will be cleaning that license plate assembly up before to long. The rest of the bike looks solid.
  11. fasteer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 701 Enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco SEF300 (for sale)
    I have a '12 650 V-Strom that I bought primarily for two-up day trips with my wife.
    It's got great ergos for her at 5'2" and 105#.
    How did the ladies like the passenger accoms on the TR?
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    seemed good. I think it is a 55 watt H4 and it was for sure better than the older husky headlights (which were like a cheap flashlight) In my short night stint I would say very usable but not super powerful.
    Coffee likes this.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yep. the lic part is metal and it is a little more robust than my 511 unit but yes, if you do some off road it is going to eject at some point. they have to make this silly things dangle down there to get it approved. Almost all of them need fixed. I am going to build a small brace for it and see how long I can make it last.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Very short rides around my neighborhood. They seemed to fit it fine but I bet the larger V-strom would be better for two up.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Some more info. The display panel on this bike is GREAT. Tons of info and finding out more about it. This should come on all Te models. Calculates fuel consumption both actual and average. Has a motor coolant bar graph. Real nice back lighting for night rides and BIG tach and digital speedometer. Some other nice features. Good stuff.

ALL fuses (6) are in a nice little box under the seat. Clean and EZ.

Fuel filler is odd. Basically you stick the pump end in a little hole slightly bigger than the pump end. As you fill it in the normal spot but the tank is actually under the seat you are basically sticking the gas pump end in the end of a hose that leads tot he main tank. Thought this might be an issue but works great, shove the end in, full til it pops off and your done. No real way to spill and it aims it for you. Looks like an issue but works well.
    Netteb16 likes this.
  16. Ogre_fl Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tiger 1050
    Having filled it up, do you have any real world MPG's to report?

Also, can you advise what the warranty period is on the TR650 is?

Thanks
    Ogre
  17. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Thanks for the 1st hand account and trying to be objective, Kelly. This looks to be an interesting addition to the lineup. Sounds like they got a lot of things right. Hope the boingers are able to be modded, icing on the cake!
  18. mrkartoom Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE610, 15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Beta Rev
    Yes very good job on the write up. I like the styling and it sounds like a nice machine.
  19. Big and Husky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for the report Kelly as I am very interested in the TR 650. Do you think this bike will be ok for a tall (6'6") rider? Is it easy to do the usual "tall guy mods" to this bike ( handlebar risers, foot peg lowering if they are not too low already)?
    Thanks
    Big
  20. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eddie Seel 634SMR works Replica -
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilla Dosodoro 2X 2009 610

Nice one Kelly and keep us informed as to how she performs on dirt and as well on tar when the motor has run in :applause:

Ours in SA will be landing at the end of the month --and with fuel costing what it is here in SA i am seriously looking at getting one as a -all rounder.