1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Where I am on my restorations

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Bigbill, May 28, 2017.

1. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Don't forget there was no online husky parts for sale like today back then. No decals, nothing. You husky guys got lucky a few seen a nitch for new parts for left kickers that we have today.
  2. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I'm not sure how many pics you want. Here's my 72 Suzuki TS-250 I rescued from the junk yard. I'm not too good with pics yet. Plated.

Attached Files:

3. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Here's my 71 Suzuki TS-185 plated.

Attached Files:

4. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Here's my 71 Suzuki 125 piston ported engine. I cut 1/8" off the bottom of the piston. Changed the port timing. She beat kx 80's down the straights. Caught one kid crying to his dad that old bike beat me. The dad shouted that's a motorcycle. I just laughed.

Attached Files:

5. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    There's plenty of old oil injection, piston ported bikes around they were once $100 now there collectible right? But they ran forever.

You can either turn your head or your puter screen to view the pic right. Lmao
  6. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    The pictures can be rotated in Picture Viewer in Windows.

You can take new pictures with a cell phone and copy the pictures to a computer with a usb charging cable to make it easier to post.

Old snapshots are better scanned. My father had taken most of his pictures from the 70's on Ektachrome slide film. Those are a little tricky to digitize as I got a usb slide scanner . You lose some resolution when you digitize so you really have to start with the best images possible.
  7. wrx Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1973 to 1986 husky's various models
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM -250 / Buell / Penton 400 mc5
    that RZ/RD 500 is the consumer version. nowhere near what Kenny Roberts rode. He rode TZ750's and TZ500's in the later years. I had the SUZUKI RG500R GAMMA and that was a far cry from what Kevin Schwantz Raced. cool bikes, but not real deal 500cc Grand Prix Road Racers.
  8. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I understand that but I had to describe it some how. I didn't know the history behind this bike when I bought it. It was unique. Cool though. I regret not buying the Kawasaki triple 2t 750. One of my friends has a gamma he's restoring. Lyme Rock Race track in ct was suppose to bring back motorcycle road racing. I never heard much about it. I had a Suzuki T500 I wanted to build I had all the porting specs from the aussies. To turn the t500 into a winner.
  9. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Cool stuff Bill!
  10. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I got into bikes late, and when my son wanted a bike I got into it with him. I found out live life to the fullest. We only pass this way once. Ride on.......
    DaveM and jack topper like this.
  11. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    When you do restorations here you want pics from the beginning? Bare frame? Up to the finished product?

I just picked up another frame a 79 MM for my 390OR engine #2067. I'm trying to make the frame numbers correct to the engine in there year. Just want to be politically correct so the bike cops don't come after me.

I hope to start prepping the frame for paint tomorrow.
    Eric The Leg likes this.
  12. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    You put the restoration stuff in the restoration section. I am not sure about cops but there is national ones, state ones, county ones though not really in Connecticut, and local ones. You will only have to deal with the local ones if you stay in the restoration section.
  13. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Thanks Frank
  14. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Fran

K is the first letter in my last name
  15. Eric The Leg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1986 WR400, 1985 WRX400, 1979 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 Kawasaki KZ 440
    I joke about that, but they're nothing on this site like they are on some others (thinking KZRider, you mention a conclusion there and you'll get seven posts that you did your test wrong and are missing some generally obvious detail any competent mech would have addressed before even buying the bike).
    You post up a pic of a rough new acquisition here, you'll get speculation as to whether or not your WR has the case protector down-tube, how many fins are on your head, etc. Mention SAE, and 12 people will chime in to say "don't do it", even though you were complaining about the PO SAE repair job you just fixed. Talk about running that rough acquisition without splitting it, and you'll get opinions and stories (yours included). Talk about what you're doing, most people on here watch, or provide forward-looking advice.
    My Kawasaki is much cheaper to wrench on, but the community here at Cafe Husky is much more helpful, and that makes my rather expensive 'dogs' with occasionally difficult to source parts my workshop project of choice.
  16. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    i really dont get a vibe here about overly pretentious restorations...we have some nice restos and you need those to preserve a portion of the swedes to keep them original. most guys here tho are all about riding them and keeping them looking in the right "spirit"...we do have a focus on having things correct mechanically, which there is nothing wrong with. there are only so many sidecovers and cases, we try to keep them from getting blown out!
    DaveM likes this.
  17. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    Fran...I wondered about that and had a foot in each camp! my knick name is Frank, my real name john...go figure:thinking: