Where does this go?

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Kenneth Webb, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    Went for a ride today and when I returned I noticed that a fairly large connector that connects the radiator fan wiring to the bike harness is just hanging down loose behind the fan. Still connected, but I don't see where it fastens up underneath the plastic. There is just a little channel on the back, but no other positive connection. No pic at the moment. Would someone be so kind as to look, feel, or whatever, behind and above the fan to tell me where this connector goes? I didn't hit any bumps or anything, but the wiring is now blowing in the breeze. Lucky that it didn't get up against the header and burn, which would have been very easy for it to do.
  2. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    OK, I found where the wiring piece goes. It isn't a connector, but some kind of electronic piece that is built into the wiring. No way to disconnect either end. The problem is that it will not reach the mounting; the wire is just not long enough unless I am sadly mistaken. Perhaps the fan was rotated incorrectly at the factory and the "thing" was just stuck up behind the fairing. My photo shows the fan and wiring orientation. Can someone look at their to see if it is the same? removing the fan and turning it so the wires are on the top looks like would let the wire gain enough to put the piece back in place.

The way this thing is mounted it just slides into a groove. Nothing captures it at all. It is loose to float, or bounce out! I can see at least two more of these mounts, one for the lambda sensor connector, and it's loose to slide around too. 'Feels like it could just slide out and be dangling any time. How many more of them are there? Perhaps a dab of silicone would help, but it looks like the plastic has to come off to check. I may be faced with an 1100 mile trip to my dealer and back to get this fixed correctly.

630 fan 001.JPG 630 fan 003.JPG
  3. IPA Brewer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Multistrada, KTM 690E
    Kenneth,

It appears to be zip tied to another connector of some sort, and tucked up between the oil line and the top of the fan housing. Hope this helps.

Rich in PLacitas

Fan Harness.JPG
  4. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    That makes more sense. I'll just zip it up there as in the pic. I still haven't gotten the red panel off the side. I tried to pry back the clip but it just didn't feel good; like the plastic was giving way. I'll gut it up and try again. It can't be that hard, just have to get the feel for it.