1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Where can i get an aftermarket exhaust? and ecu which isnt restricted to fit smr 125 4t?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Eden, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Eden Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    smr 125
    hi there everyone, just wondering where I could an aftermarket exhaust system and ecu for my smr 125 4t. And also how I derestrict it?
  2. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Hi Eden,

The restriction on the SMR 125 is electronic and basically involves cutting one wire from the ECU to remove the limiter. It offers about another 3bhp on the top end which doesn't sound a lot but it is a 20% increase on the restricted bike.

With regards exhausts, there is no official recommendation however I am aware GPR make a pipe and silencer:

http://www.gpr-motorcycle-exhausts.co.uk/c/490/125-SMS-2010-.html

I'd recommend you talk to your dealer about the derestriction.

Dave
    glenn82 and Coffee like this.
  3. Eden Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    smr 125
    Hi thanks for you help greatly. do you know which cable exactly? do you think it is worth it? or keep it stock?
  4. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    In terms of reliability and economy I'd suggest keeping it stock. The extra power comes from letting the bike rev harder and that can only cause additional wear.

For a 125 4 stroke they do go quite well anyway so it depends on if you find the performance limiting or not. As always it's that compromise of performance versus reliability!

Dave
  5. KAWASAKI.KIDD Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sms 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    ZX6R RAF- ZX6R J1- KX 125 -GSF400VC
    Hi Dave

I have been looking to get sum info about derestricting the SMS-125 [4T] and i found your info quite useful.
    My younger bro has one for scooting around to work, and i took it up the road today after giving it a extra two teeth on the rear. it was the first time i rode it and im used to my 600s so it felt gutless lol, but i know its got more to give.. and as i thought... it turns out it's restricted.

So i was doing my homeowrk on how to resolve this and i stumbled upon your thread here. I am wondering if you can tell me more about this ECU 'alteration' and i'll get his bike done for him so he can enjoy it properly as it was intended. lol if you could let me know which of the connections to splice this would save me a lot more time trauling threads.

Also i understand its a yammy engine any other bikes you know of using the same engine we can go and look at whats on offer from other models that he may want to bolt on, or change its gearing.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
    glenn82 likes this.
  6. glenn82 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 te 125 4t
    Hi I've just