Wheels- 21/18 for SM610?

Discussion in '610/630' started by Zero, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Zero Husqvarna

Hey all. :cheers: I need some dirt/ sand wheels for my SM610, black Excels specifically. I have the OEM wheelset, and would like to use the hubs to lace up some 21/18s. I don't mind lacing the wheels myself- laced up plenty of bicycle wheels but no MX wheels yet, I'm assuming that it's fairly easy. So.....

What would y'all do in my position? Mail order some rims and spokes? Are any of our sponsor vendors here selling these components? Or should I just call up Motoexotica and ask them? Would it make more sense to sell or trade the the OEM 17s and look for a complete dirt wheelset? :excuseme:

Thanks in advance for any input, and I'll pay you back with some pictures of a Six getting her tail twisted in the dunes. :busted:

p.s. Plan to use the 320mm rotor on the 21" front if possible, but don't know if there will be interference between the spokes and caliper or ? Anyways, not too worried about the details, just want to put paddle to the Six! :applause:
  2. Doormandan Husqvarna
    A Class

3. FredE Husqvarna
    B Class

Rims

Xxxxx
  4. rajobigguy Administrator

Not true at all. We love helping out everyone but the question you asked is a tough one. Husky's' require their own special wheel set-up and there isn't a lot of options out there. The problem is that Husky uses a different spoke pattern than others so if you are using the Husky hubs you have to use rim hoops that are built for those hubs. In you're case the best thing you could do is probably contact you're local Husky dealer.:cheers:
  5. mtne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE610 + 08'TE610 sumo'd
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950SE
    Another option for a custom built wheel... http://www.woodyswheelworks.com/ I'll be getting a TE610 over there for him to measure up here in a couple of weeks. I've got one of his cush hubs on my 525 and it's the shit............
  6. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda

Sorry I didn't respond to your query earlier, but I had nothing of value to add so I kept my mouth shut :excuseme:

I spend a fair bit of time in the dirt on my SM610 and would be interested in the outcome of your wheel search.

BTW, I loved the photo of you and your 610 in the "Photos Of Your 610" thread :thumbsup: It's good to see some other riders getting all they can out of their supermoto. The owners of SMs that never ever see dirt are missing out on a huge part of the supermoto experience.

WoodsChick