Wheel setup for SM conversion

Discussion in 'Older Single cams' started by Braaapster, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Braaapster Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '93 WXC 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '95 XR600R, '03 DR650
    Has anyone swapped to 17" wheels on a 1993 WXC/WXE 610? I'm looking into setting my bike up for supermoto, but the wheels are the most difficult part. I'm trying to keep this on a pretty tight budget, so the brand new $1500 sets are out of the question.

I picked up an OEM front hub for cheap, so I'm going to lace it to a 17" hoop and use the parts off my current 21" wheel. The rear wheels/hubs are not cheap, so I'm considering all other options. I've heard of people using older CBR 250 mag wheels, but I'm not sure how I would set the wheel spacing, and get the brake rotor mounting right.

I'm not looking to make a race bike, but just something I can try to get sideways on a kart track every now and then. I know the mags are heavy, but if they're cheap, its the way to go for me.

Has anyone done an SM conversion to a 90's WXC/WXE? I'd like to hear about some possible setups, and how they've worked out for you.
  2. 2strokefixer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '86 400 xc, '01 te570, '99 wr250
    +1

I'm looking at picking up a 96 wxc and a sm convert would be a great addition to the stable