What this forum is for and how to use it

Discussion in 'Technical Reference' started by Coffee, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    This forum is for good "How to do things" type information, such as a video on how to check the valves on a 2006 TE250. The Technical Discussions area is for the "what" information such as "does it matter if the numbers are face up or face down on the shims?" (it doesn't).

The theory is to make the 'how' threads separate from the 'what/where/when/why' threads which are posted to more often, so the 'how' threads do not get lost - hopefully an improvement over a bunch of sticky threads.

:cheers:

EDIT - Here is a thread to discuss the Tech Ref section:
    http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2322
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I've merged the discussion and reference threads. Try not to make the threads any longer than they need to be. Someone joining up 3 years from now may not care about certain things.

I've seriously thought about having this area only available to logged in members but except for the throttle stop removal I seriously doubt it would be of concern to the non-riding public officials - which is my only concern.

I may add a subforum only available to logged in members at some point, I've been working on a few special items that people may find of interest - but they are still well into the future.

3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Well that did not work.

It is human nature to explore and try new things - and there were far too many people posting things in the Tech Ref that had nothing to do with the how to do things.

It would be simpler if we had fewer forums for the new people I suppose.

In any event I've now set things up so only myself and mods can post in the Tech Ref section and I'll move threads around to there are discussion threads for each thread in this section so questions can be asked.
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Just a reminder, because I had permissions incorrect when we switched to the New Cafe Husky - the Tech Ref forum is intended as a collection of the Best of Cafe Husky.

I've changed things back so that only the moderators can post in the Tech Ref forum.
    RossmcG likes this.