What non husky did you cherish at one time?

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Motosportz, Nov 5, 2008.

1. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    My former love.

Prior to getting my TE610 I had a 94'KLX 650 which
    I owned for twelve years. It was a great bike and despite the fact that it was a tank I rode that thing
    to places it had no business going to including off the
    edge of a mountain trail or in other words off a cliff.
    Luckily the landing was soft forrestbed type dirt and
    pine needles.
    I used to think my KLX was the best dualsport bike
    ever until I got my TE610. Now I know better. In fact
    I love my Husky so much that sometimes I find myself
    going out to the garage in the middle of the night and
    firing it up just to get a fix. Jerry in Sac

http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1089&stc=1&d=1241070085

Attached Files:

2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    KDX200...............1984 model,,,,,,,re-entered dirt biking with that little ripper
  3. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    Yeah:lol:, she's down and out, I'm replacing a RHS crank seal, the water pump gear was giving me fits, so I let her set over night with some liquid wrench and finally got it off with some heat and a gear puller....still waiting on a gasket though...:thumbsdown:

A big thanks to Gerald@Upstate, Harvey@Bottones, and the boys at Hall's for all their tips.:thumbsup::cheers:
  4. HuskyT Moderator

I had a 1980 KDX 200.... I loved that bike... bought it second hand from a friend for $600 at the time..... rode it hard for two years and two top ends......
  5. HuskyT Moderator

1983 YZ490

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    If this is a re-post - sorry.

Really liked this but could never get it running. It was sold to a guy and shipped to England for a collector. 1973 G5 also known as a KE100

[IMG]
  7. Bagman Husqvarna
    A Class

Enduro legal lighting only. Metal tank, Modified FOX twin shocks. Man, those were the day's!:)Sorry for the delay, I've been away.:excuseme:
  8. Bagman Husqvarna
    A Class

:cripple::cripple::cripple:
    I had the 79 IT175 & got my 1st trophy & finished my 1st enduro! Enduros were sadistic back then:cripple:
  9. Bagman Husqvarna
    A Class

I had a 83 & liked it so much that I got a 86 then I got tired of not being able to stop [rear brake drum] Then Kawasaki brought the rear disc brake & I got another one:thumbsup:Best bike for the money that you could buy:ride:
  10. motox415 Husqvarna
    B Class

1997 kx 500

Attached Files:

• KX.jpg
      KX.jpg
      File size:
      88.2 KB
      Views:
  11. PhilM Husqvarna

Still love this pile. It gets beat on weekly and never misses a beat...

[IMG]

[IMG]
  12. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Ha...,didn't see this thread before.:) I guess it boils down to 2 bikes; my 1975 Bultaco Frontera 360 and my 1986 Kawasaki KDX200 C1. I had both of them plated and owned both of them longer than any other bikes that I have owned over the years. Heck, I bought the KDX new in 1986 and rode it in enduros in California and Washington, then just trail rode it for a while. It sat for a few years when I was poor, then I rejuvenated it back in 2000 and rode it some more. Finally, after I sort of decided that it was permanently retired and needed some money, I sold it last year.:cry: If I were to suddenly get rich, I think that I would buy it back from the guy I sold it to, if only to have it around to remind me of all the good times I had during the 22 years that I owned it. Hmmm, I guess the KDX won out over the Bultaco....but I'd still like to have that bike around, too.

Good ol' "Bentley"
    [IMG]

And good ol' Bentley in white trim back in January,1988 at a desert enduro at Superstition.
    [IMG]
  13. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Of my dirt bikes I would say my 1970 square barrel 250 Maico. It was around at a time when everything was fun and anything could be done. I remember splitting the cases during the week and putting as much as I could afford into the transmission or clutch to race on Sunday. Then the next week do'er again. Still have my 73 440 and plan to restore it one of these days. I have been looking for a parts bike or a AW400. Loved those old Maicos, still do.
    Back then the Huskies were really popular but I couldn't get one to turn, point and shoot then bounce off a berm. I guess I just didn't have the technique.
  14. Vegas Husky Husqvarna
    AA Class

My first bike was a 1986 Honda TLR200 "Reflex" and then I learned the error of my ways...then my room-mate got a 1994 HuskyWXC125, well I couldn't keep up with him on the trails so I went looking for a "big" bike. I found a 1990 Husaburg 499/501?? at a pawn shop and got 1 1/2 good rides out of it till it blew up. We got a 1991 Husky 250 to replace the Burg. After that it was Huskys all the way. Well...not quite, I had (stollen) a 2000 Honda TRX400 4trax, and a 1975 Suzuki GT380 3cyl 2 stroke street bike. Current inventory includes...
    1999 TE410
    1996 WXC410
    1994 WXC125...the Husky that started it all for me
    1992 WXC360...under restoration
  15. mxracernumber1 Husqvarna
    A Class

blue with envy

I loved those bikes. Found a 175 in a pawn shop once, but it was wragged out and they wanted $1,800.00 for it. Cases had been welded, etc. You found a diamond right there buddy. Dang why can't I find those deals??? That thing is darn near show room. It hasn't been flogged at all. Looks like it's barely been ridden. I am blue with envy.
  16. mxracernumber1 Husqvarna
    A Class

crazy

That's CRAZY!!! My very first bike was a 1975 KE-100 in blue. Looks like there might be a little blue showing through on that one. I had to keep a can of CRC-556 with me all the time to spray the coil and dry it out after I hit a soupy mud hole.
  17. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    I've only ridden it a couple of times, here she is at the last scramble I made.
    [IMG]
    After a little elbow grease the pipe looks great.:thumbsup:
    [IMG]
  18. mxracernumber1 Husqvarna
    A Class

1987 yz-125/1989 yz-125

[IMG]
  19. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    1981 Honda Trail 110.

My 81 had the hi/low tranny. 1980 was the year they went from the Trail 90 to the 110, but they left out the 8 speed. :thumbsdown: The 81 had points and condenser, no electronic ignition. :thumbsdown: It still was a hoot to ride. I traded it off for an 84 KLR 600. :thumbsup: I would like to own another Trail 110, with electronic ignition.

Pic. not of my bike, web shot.

Attached Files:

20. johnnywad Husqvarna
    B Class

Still got it....Still cherish it.

Love this bike/pig

Attached Files: