1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st What did you do to your Husky today?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by firedog55, Jan 14, 2015.

1. freejack Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WB165, 95 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    92 wr200, 88tzr250, & Beta evo300, B
    How are you finding the tyre, im running a veerubber trials tyre on my 165 everywhere except sand, excellent traction & smooth
  2. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Yeah, man. Are you gonna race on that tire? I see a lot of trials/hybrid tires (correct spelling btw) at local HS races, but I don't get it. If I was riding rocks and ST, maybe. Most of our SE courses have a hard base and fast sections connecting the woods, some rocks, up/down/across the creek, but mostly fast, twisties through the woods. VE33 with Tubliss @ 7psi on my 165 grabs like a toddler on everything and doesn't wallow in turns or choke on sand or mud.
  3. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Anyway, changed fuel in the 165 to 2:3 Sunoco 110:90 octane, non-ethanol with Amsoil Dominator, 50:1.
    Quite a noticeable difference, pulls much stronger on top, gained maybe 1k rpm, serious hit when the PV opens. Gonna tweak the Lectron next I guess. Idle is a little erratic, sounds lean on top, but plug is black. Spooge reduced by 50%
    Was running the 90 octane with Torco race booster and Klotz ST 50:1 and liked it. After 100 hard hours on the 300, wore out a set of rings, but no other signs of wear, piston and cylinder still within spec with cross hatching in good shape. The 165 seemed to be happy too, but spooged quite a bit. Got a wild hair and found some local car racers selling race gas. Paid $35 for 4 gl of Sunoco Standard pumped from a barrel by a hot, blond country girl :rolleyes: Happy so far after 1 serious ride on the 165.
    :cheers:
    lankydoug and Huskynoobee like this.
  4. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    The hot blond country girl is good for an extra 100RPM for sure.
  5. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Maybe strokes per minute noobee!
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  6. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Nah you would blow up before you reached the extra 100.
  7. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Yeh be a definite bent rod.
    justintendo and Huskynoobee like this.
  8. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Next time I'll take her pic ;)
  9. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    People think I'm wasting money on race gas, but the bike runs so good I don't want to even try it with pump gas. Plus it's damn near impossible to find non ethanol stuff here behind the pink curtain. I bought the bike jetted to run it and the only thing I've done different is mix 100LL AV gas with my Sunoco.
  10. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    That being said, the guys at the off shore race boat shop I get my fuel at are nice and all, but not what I'd call hot.
  11. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Here she is boys!
    jordancargergas.jpg
    haha...dream on :cheers:
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  12. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    IMG_20160925_182303317.jpg
    So a few may of followed my thread on ttx öhlins now I've got that installed and set up 80% tested still need to do it in vigour on next enduro.
    I've plasterd the resivour with stickers as I don't really want any local scroats seeing what I got.

The kick start is made using stainless hex 17mm it was a beast to bend and get right as it sits it's outta the way, i would like to have it bend further over expansion, may if I'm board make a mk2 version..

Third is the homebrew rad guard yes I'm working on the other side. It's 12 gauge plate and have reinforced the vent cut out ovals with a5mm lip. Should be more than adequate for gnarly side impact.
    Will post pics of fully finished set on once they're done.
    shawbagga, NCSteve and oldbikedude like this.
  13. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Well, I thought I could get by without race gas, but recently the local distributor for the non-ethanol fuel got busted because it actually tested as 90 octane, not 93! Then one of the local stations got a contaminated batch and I guess it's all going to court now :rolleyes:
    Now the station I like has a different distributor, but it's still only 90 octane. Now that I've put some Sunoco 110 in the mix I see what I've been missing, probably all along to some degree.

Now to dbl check my squish and get Meister Walt to set me up for 98 octane :banana:
  14. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR

It worked ok. The rubber is too hard of a compound for dirt only use but would do well for dual sport duty. I stuck it on the back of my 610.
    NCSteve likes this.
  15. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Couldn't source a kicker juicy or jus wanted to hav a crack at makin ya own? Show us a foto of it side on.

Doesn't look like much preload on spring? Rad guard looks good. U r the true backyard engineer!;)
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  16. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    haha...me too. No Lectron stickers or WB165 or Tubliss ;)
  17. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    I could source a kicker and yeah a hundred quid seems a reasonable price for one, but free was much more agreeable.

As for the pre load, because the shock body is cut down the spring was too long to slip in anyway so with the loader fully un adjusted I've got 8mm pre load at zero screw down.
    So I'm running just shy of 20mm at moment
    but like I've said not used in enduro yet. IMG-20160726-WA0008.jpeg
  18. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
  19. freejack Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WB165, 95 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    92 wr200, 88tzr250, & Beta evo300, B
    Hi I don't race anymore (to old lol)just trail riding although I might try a couple of enduro's over the next year, most of our riding here is tight, twisty, rocky & mud as well as hard packed & technical, the pros of these tyres are they hook up stick almost anywhere are a very smooth especially on hard packed with gravel on top & don't tend to break traction like a knobbly, the cons would be deep mud & sand, if you were to race with it, i would think the soft sidewalls might roll to much depending on the air pressure you were running.
    btw over this part of the world that is the correct spelling for tyre, just like the word color we spell colour & airplane is aeroplane.
    NCSteve and juicypips like this.
  20. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Don't hurt yaself with that kicker! Does it work alrite? Maybe sum knurling or weld spots for grip?

Don't take this the wrong way mate respect your efforts with all things husky but it looks a little fugly. Maybe sum black heat shrink rubber from base up to half way to improve aesthetics? Looks like it's a tooth or 2 too far forward on spline judgin by old kicker Mark on pipe?