What bike stand/lift do you use?

Discussion in '610/630' started by tool46n2, Jun 20, 2012.

1. tool46n2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have been looking around at bike lifts and it seems the 630 is at the top of the weight range for most motocross stands/lifts and I don't want to spend $400 for one to lift a 1,000lb Harley. What do you use and do you have any recommendations. I already made the mistake of buying a MotoStance MX lift for $69 and think it's a POS.

I see a couple others under $200 which will probably do the trick but wanted to see if there was one that was universally used/liked.

Thanks
  2. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Another here interested in feedback on this. I don't wish to spend a lot for a stand and certainly not enough for a true lift (as I don't have space for it anyway)- I'm interested in the type that you place under the bike, step on the lift lever, and pin it. Thanks!
  3. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    I got an ATV lift. It's hydraulic, supports at least 1000lbs and I paid $99 for it. I have a step on the lever type lift, but the 610 is too short for it. And it's pretty heavy to try to angle up on to it.

What I need is a table lift that you roll the whole bike onto. It's kinda hard to remove the skid plate to do an oil change when the bike is sitting on it on your stand. That and I just need to get the bike up higher to work on it. My back starts killing me in just a few minutes of being hunched over. But those are pricey and I don't really have room for one, although I suppose I could rotate which bike parks on it.

I got mine at Cycle Gear on sale. They have nothing in that price range currently, but Harbor Frieght does...

http://www.harborfreight.com/1500-lb-capacity-atv-motorcycle-lift-2792.html
  4. Thumperama Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg, Ducati, Triumph, Aprilia
  5. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
  6. tool46n2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Interesting....will have to think about these two from HF...one other observation is when I had it up there doesn't seem to be a flat section of the frame for it to sit on...anyone figured out a workaround?
  7. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    They only sell one lift table now... and it's not air powered. You have to pump it with your foot.
  8. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I only use my lift with the Uptite skidplate installed. That's my flat section. :)
  9. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

10. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Ah, the golden days... :oldman:
  11. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TXC310, WR300, 85 125WR, 82 175XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    I've got the HF hydraulic version, foot pump works ok. It's great to get stuff off the floor to work on it, just used it Sat to do some work on the riding mower. And it rolls around pretty easy too. Had it for 4yrs now I think, got it on sale with a coupon or something.
  12. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
  13. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I have two of the HF lifts and one of the Sears underframe hydaulic lifts. There was problem for awhile with the jack failing in the Sears lifts and I modified a bottle jack to work in mine several years ago and it has been fine. The HF lifts are handy to use as a table/bench when needed and in the lowered position can be stashed under a work bench
  14. mtne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE610 + 08'TE610 sumo'd
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950SE
    Hmmm, I use a couple of handy lifts. For on the ground or on the lift pitbull rear swingarm stand or front fork stand. Nope, not cheap but I've had them all for 6-10 years now and I'm not giving up riding anytime soon. My body has been repaid many fold already..............
  15. r6jon Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    16 701 Enduro on 17's :)
    Other Motorcycles:
    a FE450 soon
    HF 6+ years now. Foot pump over hydraulic. $300 back then, $400 now I believe. Awesome bang for the buck.
    Magus likes this.
  16. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Interesting, but I don't know...seems to me there would be a lot of flex with that, and it's only rated to 300 lbs.

I need something very transportable - I'm in a spot where I have to lock/cover up next to the house, and it's a narrow stairwell down to the basement where the tools are. Sucks that I can't get the bike in and have to work outside or in a buddy's garage, but it is what it is. So I'm looking for something somewhat reasonable to tote up. I've seen simple stands w/ a simple foot lever (non-hydraulic) but the concern was finding one that slides under in it's lowest position- also skeptical as to if the foot lever will raise it enough to get it off the ground.
  17. mbr440 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 TE630 13TE310 14 TXC310
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 VFR750
    I have a version of that... Mine has spring loaded hooks for the foot pegs and as you lift the bike it tightens the tension to hold the bike firmly in place.
    I do however have to give the 630 a lift on the rear fender to get it moving for the first inch or two verticaly.. After that it is all good.. I think mine is rated for 150kg's
    My CRF spends most of its life on this stand.. Highly recomend for servicing a dirt bike..
    I would like a full on lift table.. but waiting for a local used one to pop up for a good price..
  18. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    The Craftsman one is real nice. I have a lift from Costco that is pretty much identical to it. The screw down pegs to stop it moving come in real handy when wrenching. I have a piece of plywood on top cut to the area of the cradel to sit under and lift the 630 nicely. The 510 rests on one of the on sale for $20 HF foot lifts. The 630 lift is the one that gets used for wrenching.
  19. Redback Husqvarna
    B Class

This lift i sfrom a Norwegian (actually Swedish ) company called BILTEMA.

It`s like a D.I.Y store thats selling a lot of tools and "nice to have`s"

The lift has a capacity of 650kg so there is no problems with the Husky.

Husky 1.jpg

Husky 2.jpg
    Magus likes this.
  20. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Boy, that sure looks like a Sears lift with blue paint, or maybe I should say a Sears lift looks like that one with red/black paint. Is it made in Sweden?